“Surprised by Embassy suites”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Denver Tech Center North
Ranked #31 of 161 Hotels in Denver
Reviewed October 25, 2010

I'm Italian and i had never been to an Embassy suites properties before.
It was a great surprise for me and my fiancè .The structure is very attractive and the garden inside the building is amazing.
Rooms are big and clean ,we had 2 double beds room so it was very comfy for sleeping.Wet bar and flat screen tv in a separate room from the bed room was a nice idea.
Breakfast was excellent,food was delicoiuse and the staff was very polite.
The zone where the hotel sets isn't very charming but you can find many services or restaurants close to it.
Parking slots aren't a lot so at late evening you may walk(few) to reach the hotel .
Go there,it 's a good place to stay inn !
Prepayed rates are very convinient for this kind of hotel.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
3  Thank norvegiasara
sturbow, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Denver Tech Center North, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2010

Thank you very much for your comments in regards to your recent stay. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed Denver and your hotel stay. We certainly pride ourselves on our cleanliness as well as our customer service oriented staff and I am delighted to hear that they impressed you during your stay. Our complimentary full cooked to order breakfast, evening manager's reception and large two room suites are our other fantastic amenities and it sounds like those were advantageous to you too.

Thank you also for your pictures of the hotel as well as Denver as a whole. They are great!

We look forward to hosting you again on your next trip to the Denver area.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,143)

Reviewed September 27, 2010

The location of this hotel is not ideal for a tourist to Denver. Unless you are renting a car and are very good with finding your way around a metropolitan area AND don't mind driving 30+ minutes to get to anything decent...I wouldn't recommend staying here. There definitely is no "view" either. You cannot see the mountains and the sights out the window are other buildings in a somewhat run down business park. It's kind of depressing to be in a beautiful state like Colorado and only have a view of the car wash next door...
Within walking distance you will find a Whole Foods Market, Benihana, Subway, Chipotle, Einstein Bagels and a Walgreens. I personally walked to the nearest RTD train station to get downtown, but wouldn't suggest it. It took around 20 minutes to walk to the station and the area wasn't well-lit in the evening. The train ride to downtown was around 20 minutes as well. Taxis are available from the hotel to downtown, but the cost is around $30 each way. A cab to/from the airport costs around $70.
I stayed here for business and it was certainly awesome to have a hot breakfast prepared and have happy hour. The chefs and service staff were pleasant. Most of the food was standard continental breakfast faire, but the made-to-order omlets really made it easier to get up in the morning. The happy hour is awesome. FREE house beer, wine and a few name brand liquors. Cheese, crackers & fruit platters.
Other things:
-The rooms were so-so. Some of the amenities were updated (bathroom, bedding) but most were older (TVs, refrigerator, microwave, furniture, draperies).
-The bathroom is one of the smallest I've seen, but it served its purpose and was clean.
-Very few TV channels (as is typical for hotels).
-No solid door. Glass pane door covered up by curtains. I definitely triple checked that my curtains were completely closed each night. It was kind of creepy to see into other rooms who didn't close their curtains.
-The atrium area can get very loud depending on what group(s) are there. It's really an unavoidable aspect of the Embassy Suite style of hotel though.
-The "gift shop" was rarely open. If you forget something or need a snack, be prepared to take the 3-4 block walk to the Whole Foods or Walgreens!

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed August 28, 2010

We really loved this hotel. The rooms are your standard Embassy Suite rooms. Two rooms with a fold out couch in the living area. We ended up in a board room suite that had a conference table. The only thing I did not like was that they had double beds instead of queens in the two bed rooms. The breakfast was great, made to order omelettes, fried potatoes, fruit, cereal, toast, and fruit juce, my only complaint is that is only ran 7 to 9. The happy hour was great, with free beer, mixed drinks (with mid-shelf quality liquor) and snack foods. They even made Shirley Temples for the kids. The pool and workout room were also very nice. The room was also very clean and quiet. My only other complaint was that they charged $10 per day for internet.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank leopolean
Reviewed August 5, 2010

I didn't know what to expect having read other reviews but we really liked the Embassy Suites in Washington so we decided to give this one a try. The hotel is very clean, every time we walked through the lobby, someone was cleaning, washing or polishing something. We even saw people in the elevators polishing the handrails. Our room, while not the most modern, was clean and had everything we needed. The rate with the AAA discount was very reasonable as well. My only complaint has to do with the complimentary breakfast served every morning. The breakfast itself is wonderful but during the week, the hotel stops serving promptly at 9:00 am, making it difficult for those of us who enjoy sleeping late on our vacation. On the weekends the breakfast continues until 10:30 and I think it would be great if the weekday breakfasts can be extended to 10:30 as well. Not everyone who visits the hotel is there on business and those who arent' would like the option to sleep in.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed August 2, 2010

My 10-year old son and I just finished a three-night stay, and the best I can say about this place is that it's average. But I expect better than average from this chain, and have seen better amenities and service and have had better stays at other Embassy Suites.

On the plus side, the location was excellent. If you want to save money by staying outside of downtown Denver, you could do a lot worse. The hotel is about a mile from Denver's electric rail line, and we used the rail line to go to Cubs/Rockies games in downtown Denver on two of our three days here. The ladies at the front desk gave us good directions, and it worked out well. We enjoyed our train rides, which took us to within two blocks of Coors Field.

When you need to get somewhere by car, Highway 25 is also extremely close, and we zipped into downtown Denver for dinner on Sunday night in about 15 minutes. No need to pay twice as much for a room and spend $25 a night on parking in a downtown hotel if you don't want to.

Also, the rooms were clean and comfortable. Obviously, that's huge.

The pool and exercise facilities were fine. I used the Precor machine in the gym and my son and I both enjoyed the pool and hot tub, though the pool water was a bit too warm for my taste and the entire pool area looked like it hadn't been remodeled in 20 years. Very Spartan. My son also liked the breakfasts, which were ample. I just had cereal.

Here are my gripes: They had us stay in a room on the first floor right next to the gift shop - a room that was obviously designed for geriatrics, with a seat in the shower and a detachable shower head that made showering very awkward. Neither my son nor I could figure out how to use it properly. (We never did tell the front desk about this - I'm sure they would have helped us if we had). We were told this was the only room available even though I'd made the reservation two months ahead of time.

Also, the hotel lost electricity the third night we were there and we woke up hot in the middle of the night from lack of air conditioning. I suppose this could happen anywhere, but it made for an uncomfortable night. The problem hadn't been fixed by 8 a.m. when we checked out, though the hotel did have a generator which gave us sporadic AC, and at least the lights worked, though they were dim.

In addition, the hotel was generally very noisy in the common areas - lots of young kids. On two of the nights, there were parties going on right around the corner from our rooms in the party facilities, and the music was loud until past 10 on Saturday night. This was fully audible in our room.

But for the price, we weren't expecting luxury. Just know what to expect, and you'll be fine.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed July 19, 2010

I was hesitant to stay at this Embassy Suites due to some of the reviews-but the price was right as was the location. I am pleased to say that it was very nice. Yes, it does not have big screen tvs, but I was not in Denver to sit around and watch tv. The carpet was a little worn by the lobby but in our room it was fine. The staff were friendly and the evening reception and breakfast were very good. My children really liked the pool but on our last night the spa was cold. My only complaints are having to pay for internet service and we had a really old microwave. The price on the hotel was very good and it was just a mile from I-25 so not noisy but provided easy access. We visisted the Zoo and nature and science museum and it did not take us long to get to those places-we also visited the renaissance festival in Larkspur and it was very convienant for that destination. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed June 3, 2010

This hotel was great! I had read other reviews and was a little iffy about staying here, but all the reviews saying the hotel needs remodeled are wrong!

My dislikes:
1. You've really got to have flat screens nowadays.
2. The ammenties (soap, shampoo, lotion) are so hard to use! The little bottles are not squeezable, and I ended up getting lotion all over the bathroom walls.
3. The front desk staff wasn't very friendly, kind of just stood there.

And those are my only too suggestions for improvement! Everything else was great. The hotel has a charm that comes with age that a lot of people dislike because its not a brand new building, but the rooms were fantastic and very spacious (I smelt no hints of smoke). Breakfast was great, and so was the manager's reception (I agree that the pizza was good. I LOVED the fact that they close the pool to children under 18 from 10 to 11. It seems like we always stay at hotels where there are 8 sports teams, and it was the same here. However, we we're able to go to the pool at 10 and there was only one other person there. It was great!

One tip for guests: The way the doors to the rooms are, if you have the light on in the living room, and you haven't closed the blackout curtains over the door, people can see right into your room through the sheer curtains. I noticed a lot of people who didn't close the blackout curtains, and I don't think they realized people could see in there room.

All in all, one of the best hotels I've stayed at for the price. Definitly recommend!

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple