“Good hotel - Well worth the money”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Denver Southeast
Ranked #33 of 157 Hotels in Denver
Colorado
“Good hotel - Well worth the money”
Reviewed April 13, 2010

Stayed here so my family could go to a Nuggets/Lakers game. The downtown hotels were very expensive and I wanted a suite so this was a great alternative. It was only a $21 cab ride from the Pepsi Center. There are several stores nearby (King Soopers and Walgreens) and several dining options (Bennihana, Old Chicagos, McDonalds...etc). The staff was very friendly and the room was clean. The rooms are a bit outdated (old TV's and furniture) but the cleanliness made up for it. There are very few TV channel's but we spent most of our time out doing things so it was not a big deal. We really enjoyed the free cook to order breakfast and the free managers reception.

I was bummed to have to pay for internet but it was pretty reasonable at $8.95 per day. The pool and hot tub were great. The kids enjoyed them. We also like the nice work out room. Overall this hotel was well worth the money. We paid $109 for the room and by the time the whole family had breakfast and the adults had drinks in the afternoon, I think our rooms could have been considered almost free.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (116)
Johnstown, Colorado
Reviewed February 15, 2010

Staff was fantastic at this stay. Though it is one of the smaller Embassy Suites (7 floors and a shared bar with the managers reception). I'd stay here again. The room and cleanliness standards are what would be expected from an Embassy Suites.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
sturbow, Scott Turbow- General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Denver Southeast, responded to this review, February 16, 2010
Thank you very much for sharing your thoughts and we are proud to be a good example of the Embassy Suites Brand. The staff of this hotel goes to great lengths to provide superior customer service and to keep all rooms and public areas spotless and we appreciate that you noticed and especially that you took the time to pass on your thoughts.

We look forward to hosting you again in the future and please do not hesitate to contact me if I can be of any further assistance.
avl, nc
Reviewed February 12, 2010

My family and I stayed weekend nights for 80$, which is a good price for an embassy suites.... The property was very busy but the hotel handeled it well. As usual the breakfast was good.

The three stars is because the place needs a desperate remodel. It is clean, but its showing its age, probably almost 30 years. Our room had horrible air/heating, not truly could be regulated by us. The room was hot and we called management who said that the whole building is on heat or something like that and there is nothing they could do about it. The room was so stuffy with no air circulation that we got a fan from them which helped. The rooms decor is like a studio set from charlie's angels - groovy but not my style, I'll opt for modern/updated if you don't mind.

I can't recommend this particular property. The service, breakfast was good but for an embassy suites I expect a better quality product, even if I pay 20 or so dollars more.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with family
Thank you very much for providing us with your thoughts in regards to your recent stay. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed our outstanding cleanliness, service and especially our cooked to order breakfast.

I certainly apologize that we could not meet your needs in regards to the temperature of your room. As I am sure you can understand, it is a very difficult task to accommodate all guests on their specific temperature desires. Some like it hot and some like it cold and we do our very best to find a middle ground that makes everyone happy.

In regards to the decor, this particular hotel was part of the Granada Royale Hometel brand originally, the predecessor to Embassy Suites, and we have tried to keep some touches of our originality in the decor. The hotel received a complete renovation in 2007 including all public spaces, guest rooms and bathrooms so everything here is indeed updated, the hotel just made the conscious decision to keep some of original decor (Romeo and Juliet balconies, wrought iron railings, etc) so that we would be a little different than all the cookie cutter new buildings. Regardless, I respect and appreciate your thoughts on this.

Thank you once again for your comments and we look forward to seeing you again. If I can be of any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me at the hotel directly.
Texas
Reviewed December 30, 2009

Breakfasts were super with cooked to order eggs, lots of sides, friendly chefs. Staff was thorough and unobtrusive and helpful. Nice and clean and Very Quiet.

Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
Utah
Reviewed October 8, 2009

Two friends and I recently stayed here on a three day weekend trip to Denver and we all agreed that for the money it was the best hotel we had ever stayed in. The staff was extremely hopeful and friendly. The rooms were very clean and roomy and everything was in order. The cooked to order breakfast wasn't QUITE all cook to order but the omelets were and they weren't half bad. The hotel was very neat and tidy and was mostly quiet at all times of the day and night. We all were in agreement that on our return trip we would without a doubt stay here again.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with friends
Hudson WI
Reviewed August 14, 2009

I stayed at this hotel for 3-nights in July of 2009. Full disclaimer, I'm a huge fan of the Embassy Suites Hotels. The split, (suite style) bedrooms, the cook to order breakfest, the 2-hour manager reception are all great. Even if you spend a little more for the room on the front end you end up saving huge bucks throughout your stay. I book Embassy Suites often.

Having said that this really was a great experience at this hotel. My early check in was smooth. The room was very clean. The one thing that really stood out at this hotel was the service. Examples: 1) My daughter dropped a glass on the floor during breakfest. The manager came right over and told her not to worry, brought her a new drink. Another employee came over and cleaned it up immediately. 2) Manger helped us locate nearby places to eat. The manager was always around. He really kept the employees on task. Tables were cleared quickly. Food was prepared quickly. Drinks were given out quickly. They are clearly running a very tight ship and we noticed.

I only had a couple of minor issues. 1) The maid service skipped us one day, 2) While it is not to bad yet the decor in the hotel is starting to get a little dated, not a big deal thou.

The location of the hotel was great. Close to downtown but not too close. They have tons of stuff to do around the hotel, movie theatres, places to eat, shop, etc.

This will be my new Denver hotel.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank jjp644
Tel Aviv, Israel
Reviewed August 13, 2009

Denver was our last stop in our ten days Colorado tour. We picked up ES because is belongs to the Hilton chain and we had previous good experience with this chain and we wanted two suits. One for a couple with two small kids and one for us (elderly couple). The suit is very comfortable, the beds were great, the furniture is a bit on the dark side and the front of the living room was a little odd in that it had windows overlooking the hallway - but they closed off with heavy drapes.
We really enjoyed the breakfast. Even though the hotel was full and the line to the eggs and bacon chef was long, we enjoyed it. We did not take part in the Happy Hour but its a nice gesture. All in all the price was very reasonable, the suits comfortable and we heartily recommend this hotel.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family