Embassy Suites by Hilton Denver Tech Center North
Ranked #31 of 161 Hotels in Denver
Reviewed July 31, 2014

Hotel lobby, room, and bathroom were all in good repair and clean. We could not hear any ambient noise from neighboring rooms. The morning breakfast is always a nice bonus at Embassy Suites. Most hotels now have some form of complimentary breakfast but I like that you can order custom omelets and eggs. The only complaint is a charge for internet access. This forced me to either pay the charge or go to a local coffee shop for free internet access to make activity plans.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
Scott T, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Denver Tech Center North, responded to this reviewResponded August 18, 2014

Dear Joyanne B,

Thank you very much for your comments in regards to your recent stay. Our breakfast, as well as our cleanliness and guest service, our some of the pillars we stand on at the Embassy Suites Denver Southeast. I am glad to hear that you had such a great experience and we look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to Denver.

Embassy Suites Denver Southeast

Write a ReviewReviews (1,141)

Reviewed July 30, 2014

Stayed here in July. Clean rooms, nice lobby, friendly staff. Especially good value for families. Full breakfast, cooked to order breakfast. Cocktail hour in the late afternoon. All included in the rate. Large rooms, 2 queen beds and a pull out sofa so 5 or 6 people can easily fit. Large bathroom. Walking distance to Target and other stores,and about 1 mile from Light Rail station for train to downtown Denver. Really good location near highways to go anywhere without paying the high price for downtown Denver.

1  Thank CJTT

Dear CJTT

Thank you very much for your very kind review in regards to your recent stay. I truly appreciated that you pointed out all of the amenities and local attractions that you enjoyed during your stay. We look forward to hosting you on your next trip to Denver.

Reviewed July 29, 2014

Reservations were a complete mess. Front desk staff was not aware of the wedding block. Check-in experience was a pain, was told I could not check in because it was booked under my mother (who specifically told the reservation staff that I would be checking in). Staff could have been more helpful especially because of the event. Received a lot of attitude from some and lack of knowledge. Tv did not work and when I called down I was told there was nothing that could be done. Billing/Rates were a mess, I was charged MULTIPLE times for charges that I did not make. I paid for one night and was charged for 2 as well as multiple other charges for no apparent reason. This has been resolved...however I am not completely broke due to the fact that the charges will not drop off for some time. To be honest, the entire experience was more stressful than enjoyable.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank Roosevelt74
Scott T, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Denver Tech Center North, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2014

Dear Roosevelt74,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience about your recent stay at our hotel. I apologize that you felt that the reservations were a mess. As you are aware, the group block was set up 8 months prior to your event and we extended the booking cutoff multiple times to accommodate you including booking your room at the group rate 2 days prior to arrival. I sincerely apologize that despite our efforts we were unable to meet your expectations. We had hoped that sending up a complimentary romance package on the night of your event was a acceptable effort to go above and beyond for you.

In regards to your billing, as I explained to you personally, these are charges that occur when a debit card is used to guarantee a room and are charges that are allocated by your bank not the hotel. An explanation of how debit cards work at the hotel is posted at the front desk, in your key packet, in your guest room and actually there is a signed letter of understanding by a guest that occupied the room you were in. I am sorry that all of our efforts to explain how your bank allocates funds on debit cards were not enough to make you comfortable with your understanding of how your debit card and how your bank works.

We sincerely appreciate your feedback and we're very sorry you were unhappy. We will take your comments under consideration as we continually work to improve our guest experience. We hope you will consider staying with us in the future.

Reviewed July 28, 2014

Stayed here for one night after switching from another hotel. Wish we would've started here. We had a king suite which was huge for a hotel room. Edward at the front desk was great. Good breakfast included in the price and free happy hour! I'd stay here again.

Room Tip: King suite rocked!
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
Scott T, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Denver Tech Center North, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2014

Dear Brennan D,

Thank you very much for your comments in regards to your recent stay. I am delighted to hear that you had such a wonderful experience and we certainly look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to the Denver area. In addition, your mention of the great service from Eddie makes him an automatic Employee of the Month Nominee and I will certainly share your comments with him and his Supervisor. Thank you again.

Reviewed July 28, 2014

Location great, staff helpful and very nice. Rooms are somewhat dated and could you a facelift. Overall experience was good. Location very good for our purposes, close to resturants and shopping. I would recommend a stay at this hotel

Reviewed July 27, 2014

We stayed here for 3 nights starting 7/20. I admit that after reading some of the reviews I was not expecting much. I was very pleasantly surprised. Some of the decor may have been out dated but we found the rooms to be very comfortable. The pools was what you would expect for a hotel pool. It was nice to have big towels when the kids got out of the water, not the smaller towels we've gotten before at other hotels. The cook to order breakfast was awesome. The kids loved getting to order something different every day. The staff was incredibly friendly and accomodating. The man who checked us in was outstanding. We would stay here again.

Room Tip: We were on the 5th floor and didn't have any problems with our room being hot or noise from the...

Dear OPMOMof4,

Thank you very much for your fantastic comments in regards to your recent stay. It is always a pleasure to hear when the staff makes a difference and I am glad to hear that you had such a great experience overall. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to Denver. Thanks again.

Reviewed July 25, 2014

We stayed at this hotel on 7/21 and 7/22. We didn’t expect luxury but weren’t prepared for what we found. Other than the first floor common areas, the hotel is very out of date both inside and out. Our room (#218) was reminiscent of 10 year old (or older) decor. The couch and chair in the kitchen/living areas were old and we didn’t want to sit on them. Fixtures in the restroom worked OK but the coating on the outside of the tub was about 35% delaminated. Towels were old and threadbare. We asked that the sheets be changed on both beds because they were so old and worn (new sheets were the same). There was a 4” hole in one wall of the bedroom. Wallpaper and drapes were old and discolored throughout the room. The room exterior door handle was difficult to handle and every card reader we encountered rejected new and re-programmed keys numerous times. The elevator cabs looked like they hadn’t been redecorated since the facility was built. We have no complaints about the staff or the food (staff did everything we asked and were very pleasant).

Dear Bruce B,

I wanted to take a moment to sincerely apologize for your experience and thank you for sharing your thoughts. It is comments like these that help us recognize opportunities for improvement to better assist our guests. The hotel is current in the planning stages of our renovation with an expected start date of December 2014 and we certainly look forward to providing an all new hotel at that time

In the meantime, we certainly pride ourselves on what we can control in regards to cleanliness, staff friendliness and condition of the room. Certainly we did not meet your expectations in regards to the condition of the room and for that I take full responsibility. I have spoken with the housekeeping and engineering team in regards to your comments and shared them as an opportunity for improvement. I must say that I am surprised to hear about your poor experience with cleanliness in the room as well as the condition of the bedding and towels. I can assure you with absolute certainty and truthfulness that I have never received a guest comment in regards to the condition of the bedding and towels as both are only about 6 months old and are constantly replenished and up kept. I am sorry that you experienced anything different from our standards and your certainly reasonable expectations. I also sincerely appreciate that you took the opportunity to mention that the staff was helpful and friendly as that is also a pillar of this hotel.

I would appreciate the opportunity to speak with you personally about this matter so that I may understand your experience first hand and find a way to make it right for you. We never want a guest to leave unhappy or unsatisfied with their stay and I look forward to hearing from you so that I can make this right. Please feel free to reach out to me at your convenience or let me know of a good time to contact you and I am happy to. Thank you again for your comments and you stay. I look forward to speaking with you.