“Everything needed + more for reasonable price”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Denver Southeast
Ranked #33 of 156 Hotels in Denver
Belpre, Ohio
“Everything needed + more for reasonable price”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2013

I was pleasantly surprised at how nice and unique this hotel is, especially since it was reasonably priced, unlike those a few miles down the road. It is obvious that the lobby and common areas are taken good care of. Beautiful design, landscaping and clean. The staff is very nice and helpful. The rooms are designed wonderfully with the suite bedroom with closing door and extra sinks. They do need some attention. Mind you I don't care about the age of furnishings provided they're in good condition, look nice, are clean and do the job. Mostly they are but a few exceptions. The chairs at the desk (btw, love having 3 chairs and the desk) are falling apart some. The blanket left for the fold out couch was worn badly and had a hair on it. Avoided using. The TV could use more channel options. I was planning to watch a TV show one evening but AMC was not an option and indeed there were few "regular channel" options. Not used to having to pay extra for internet service in Hilton properties (but with that was still the better deal). The breakfast is the best I've ever had included with a room.

Room Tip: General tip: Get to breakfast on time. At 9:05 they are grabbing things as you reach for them.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Dee625625

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 13, 2013

We always prefer suites to standard rooms, and "real" breakfasts to the average complementary stuff. Embassy Suites always delivers both the suite spare room space (three sinks!) and mostly made-to-order on the spot breakfast food. No sausage all weekend despite it appearing on the posted menu at the cook station daily. And lukewarm pre-cooked French toast wasn't the best, and no sweet rolls until the last morning. Still, it beats the other non-high end chain offerings.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Munich, Germany
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2013

Overall, I would say this is about average for the Embassy Suites. The staff at the front desk was friendly. But, the rooms were just okay. The fitness center was slightly above average; there were a few cardio machines and some dumb bells, benches and balls. For me the best part of the stay was the cook to order breakfast, included in the price of the room.

1 Thank RedondoSurferDude
Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2013

Stayed for business. The staff is friendly and the lobby looks nice and clean. The rooms on the other hand need updating. No flat screen TV here. The microwave in the room is at least 25 years old! Embassy Suites need to take care of their older hotels.

1 Thank R R
sturbow, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Denver Southeast, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
Dear R R,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our hotel. I sincerely appreciate your feedback and am very sorry you were unhappy with our suites. I do appreciate your kind comments about the cleanliness and service you received. We will take your comments under consideration as we continually work to improve our guest experience. We hope you will consider staying with us in the future.

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

Stayed one night last week on business. It was the second time I've stayed there and there are some "charming" aspects of this hotel. The check-in service and the hotel staff is quite attentive and eager to help. The atrium with its babbling brook and soaring ceilings, the glass elevators is all unexpected even if it recalls a JV version of a mid 1980s big city hotel. I like the rooms with the sitting area and separate bedroom. The free happy hour and free breakfast are welcome. So, with all this "going for it" the hotel does fall short in some important area. I too found the room extremely warm and seeing that the thermostat was already at the lowest setting of 65 opened the window. In the middle of the night the sound from outside was so awful that I had to close the window and deal with the heat. When I woke up in the middle of the night, the light over the bar revealed several small brown bugs running about. One of the lights in the bathroom was out. I guess for the price this was an OK experience, I do get the feeling that the hotel has just resigned itself to being average.

2 Thank Abel M
sturbow, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Denver Southeast, responded to this review, January 27, 2013
Dear Abel M
Thank you for your comments in regards to your recent stay. I am delighted to hear that you found so many aspects of your stay charming, especially our service. We work extremely hard to ensure the happiness of all of our guests and we appreciate you recognizing that. I do apologize for the issues you had with the HVAC during your stay. We had an unseasonable warm stretch and our units had trouble keeping up. In regards to the bathroom light and bugs, all of our rooms are double checked and inspected before they are occupied by our guests. Our cleanliness is also one of our pillars and one of the items our guests recognize us most for. I assure you this was an isolated incident and one we take very seriously. I have spoken directly with both the Chief Engineer and Executive Housekeeper to ensure that our rooms are in top shape. If there is anything at all I have not answered or you would like to discuss further, please do not hesitate to let me know. Thank you again for your comments, and your business.

Dallas, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

This property is the one that time forgot. The hotel is the original Spanish-style design of Embassy Suites when they first graced the landscape. The rooms are horribly dated. The only signs of updates are new carpet in the rooms, and I think maybe the bedspreads may be last 5-10 years. Everything else is stuck in the 80s.

The good about the hotel is that it was clean, the breakfast buffet was good (and free), and the location seemed to be a decent neighborhood.

We stayed on a Saturday night and it was overrun with kids about 12 and under. Parents let their kids run around yelling and screaming and not one of them told them to simmer down or keep it down. The building structure is such that any bang or scrape on the floors/walls/supports can be heard amplified at all hours of the night. Walls are thin. The mattresses are uber-cheap. You can get a better deal elsewhere.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
sturbow, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Denver Southeast, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
Dear TallTexan75229

Thank you very much for your comments in regards to your recent stay. I apologize that you were not happy with the quality and condition of the room. There are many items in the rooms that are recently updated including the bedding, mattresses, carpets, parlor area and bathroom and the hotel has also recently updated our breakfast and parking lot with more to come. I certainly appreciate that you noticed our cleanliness and enjoyed our breakfast. Along with our superior service, those are two of the pillars of the hotel.

I also apologize that the hotel was loud. As the hotel is made from bricks and concrete, noise issues are not a complaint that we hear often but anytime you bring that to our attention, we are happy to address it.

I do appreciate your comments and would be happy to talk to you personally and figure out a way to make this right for you as your satisfaction is important to us. Please feel free to contact me at your convenience and thank you again for staying with us.

Greer, South Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2013

(1) We stayed here in January. Cold at night during our stay, but our room was hot. We could not figure out why we couldn't cool it down. Called front desk who sent up maintenance. Told us the only way to cool down the room was to " Open the outside door to deck and crack the entrance door to the room to create a draft". I expressed some disbelief that this was the only option. He insisted that this would work. It did. Dropped 10 degrees in minutes. Only for it to be right back up in 15 minutes or so. I had heat turned off, and the only way to keep it out of the upper 70s, was to leave the doors open all night.

Also didn't have baby bed in room even after I double checked to make sure it would be there. Then when staff brought it up, they just dumped it off for it to be my wifes problem. And didn't speak the language.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Morvin L
Dear Morvin L,

Thank you very much for your comments in regards to your recent stay. I sincerely apologize for the problems with the HVAC for your room. We had an unseasonable warm stretch and our units just had trouble keeping up with the demand.
In regards to the crib in your room, you are absolutely correct that it should have been set up and I apologize for that as well. I have followed up with our Executive Housekeeper to ensure that this never happens again as our policy is absolutely to set up the crib.
I would like to made amends for the HVAC and other issues you experienced. If you would be so kind as to contact me directly, I will figure out a way to make this right for you as we do want to ensure you were satisfied with your stay. Thank you again for your comments and your stay and I hope you would consider us again on your next trip to Denver.