“Great Value...”

Ranked #33 of 157 Hotels in Denver
Woodland Park, CO
“Great Value...”
Reviewed March 27, 2008

My wife and two daughters stayed at the Embassy Suites Southeast Denver for 3 nights this March. The first positive point is that you are paying for a suite-- which accomodates 2 kids and 2 adults (with privacy) quite well. It's worth the extra dollars versus getting two rooms in a standard hotel. The second positive is two-fold...they have a cocktail reception every evening that includes some munchies and libations for Free. They also have an awesome made-to-order breakfast every morning for Free as well. When I think of the price we paid per night ($160), I would have to deduct $40 for what we would have spent on breakfast normally, and another $35 for evening cocktails...so basically, the room only cost $85 a night. That is a great deal for a two-room suite-- ant the pool, fitness center, business center, etc. make this an even better deal! The rooms are clean, but the furniture is somewhat dated. The typical Embassy Suites "atrium" design is very pleasant and secure. The staff has been neither annoying or overly wonderful-- but completley adequate. The proximity to downtown Denver is about 15 minutes. When you compare what you get staying downtown versus 15 minutes away, the barely mentionable inconvienence is woth it. We will stay here again.

• Stayed March 2008, traveled with family
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed November 28, 2007

I was on a business trip for a week, the room we awesome. The view was great and I was within walking distance to the 16th St. Mall.

I drove up to Buffelo Bills grave. The weather is so wierd it was snowing that morning, but about 30 mins later at the airport it was in the 70s. Gotta love it.

Oh watch out for the tumble weed :)

• Liked — the view of the moutians and the location to downtown.
  • Stayed May 2003, traveled on business
Las Veags
Reviewed October 22, 2007

Traveled to Denver for a short summer vacation. Alot of the hotels in the downtown area are quite pricey. Was going to stay at the Ramada Downtown, but the reviews changed my mind. So I booked with the Embassy Suites and was extremely pleased with my stay. There’s happy hour in the lounge, free made to order breakfast and the rooms are sooo comfy. I was a little skeptical about the full size bed that my husband and I had to share, but the mattress was sooo comfortable that every night was a peaceful sleep! The only downer during my stay was that the hot tub was out of order....sometimes, that’s the highlight of an adult's vacation (some R -n- R) Other than that, the location was great everything was just minutes down the road. Was not hard to find all the city's attractions. The free office with internet came in handy. Parking is a little tight at times. Surrounding area provides dinning facilities, convenience stores and such...I would definitely stay again--and will be looking for other Embassy Suites during my travels.

denver
Reviewed October 22, 2007

First, they didn't have our reservation that I had made on the phone a few days earlier. We did get a room for the same quoted rate. Too bad, we should have gone elsewhere. The room appeared VERY old and run-down. It had nasty old carpet, tears in the wallpaper, a missing pull on the armoir (and the top cupboard door wouldn't stay closed), beat-up chairs in the "dining area", hot water in the bathroom took about 7 minutes to warm up, no hot water came out at all in the wet bar, the phone in the bedroom didn't work, and the refrigerator didn't work. When maintenance came to fix the water in the wet bar, they did get hot water to come out, however, after that it wouldn't go off all the way, and ran constantly. They fixed the phone in the bedroom (it had been unplugged) and the refrigerator (which had no nob to control temp), but it later quit again, and much food went bad. After the first night we asked for another room, but were told the only thing available was on the smoking floor. We would have changed hotels, but unfortunately couldn't (if we checked out in the morning before work, the kids would have had no place to go all day until we could check into another hotel after work).

I will say that they did adjust our bill (4 nights = $800) by half. However, I would have rather just stayed somewhere nice and paid the full price. At $200 per night, this room wasn't worth anywhere near the $100/night we ended up paying.

2 Thank k0sborn
Tennessee
Reviewed August 1, 2007

I had seen pics of this hotel on the website and I was not enthused about staying there. When we pulled up the hotel didn't look as nice as the other Embassy Suites we have visited.

The inside was really nice, though and I loved our stay. The staff was very helpful and friendly and I have no complaints. I can't recommend the pool because I never went but the kids liked it.

The location is close to restaurants and a Wal-mart and Walgreens which you seem to always need on vacation.

• Liked — The rooms were spacious and clean and the breakfast was good
  • Disliked — Outside still needs updating and a few things in the rooms
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
Amarillo, Tx
Reviewed July 12, 2007

We stayed in this hotel for two nights, then were gone for two nights and stayed again in this hotel two nights (separate reservations).

We had a King Suite. There were four of us, me, my wife and two sons.

The room was very spacious. It was a nice setup with the boys sleeping on the sofa bed in the front room. There is a door between the front room and the bedroom.

The breakfast was quite good, though, this is a very large hotel and seems to host a lot of groups. If you hit the breakfast line at the same time a group does, you could be in line a while. The cooks were good and fast, though.

The first bed was okay, but the second one I got was very worn and I slept all night falling towards the middle. My other complaint is the A/C. Our rooms never really cooled of to a comfortable temp. We all slept without covers. I reported this to the front desk the first night, but nothing ever changed. Since both rooms were like this, I assume this is there way to save money.

Beaumont, TX
Reviewed January 3, 2007

Me, my son, mother, and stepdad stayed at the Embassy Suites, SE Denver Thanksgiving week. Sorry it's taken me this long to give my review. Arrived at the airport at 8am, and then at the hotel by 9am and they already had our room ready which is already a great plus for me. Alot of remodeling going on at this hotel and should be about complete by now. Rooms were outdated but was told not for long. They were clean and maid service did well everyday. Free daily breakfast buffet was really great. Alot to choose from. Every evening the free drinks and snacks were also very nice. All the alcoholic and non alcoholic you want complimentary made it a very nice value after the long drive from the ski slopes daily. There was also plenty of room in our basic one bedroom suite for all 4 of us to spread out. Also washer and dryer on our floor we used and an indoor pool and jacuzzi made my son very happy, especially with it freezing outside. When we were at the hotel and he was not swimming or drinking virgin daquiris, he was on the free computers with free internet downstairs or I'd rent him a game or movie on the tv in our room at a reasonable rate. I'd definitely stay again, especially once all the remodeling is done.

• Liked — all the complimentary perks
  • Disliked — outdated rooms
  • Stayed November 2006, traveled with family