“Terrible Property”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Denver Southeast
Ranked #31 of 160 Hotels in Denver
Reviewed September 9, 2012

Dated rooms, terrible service and elevators out. The absolute silliest thing I have ever heard was them visiting the room at 1AM asking for a TV at 50% of volume telling me the volume was too loud and that should could hear it, I stepped out into the lobby and couldn't hear it. The girl sent to my room was also just making stuff up.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank R S
sturbow, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Denver Southeast, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2012

Dear R S,

I sincerely apologize that you were bothered by us coming to your room and I am so sorry that we had to inconvenience you. I have looked into the situation and we actually received 4 complaints about the noise coming from your room; Two each from the room next door to you and the room above you. As we have concrete walls, this is not a complaint we here very often. All, we were trying to do was to ensure the comfort and enjoyment of ALL of our guests. In fact, I actually talked to a guest the next morning that asked to be moved because of the late night TV noises from your room. I ensure you that the girl that came to your room was not making this up. Certainly, the last thing we want to do at 1AM is talk to or bother any of our guests but we do need to ensure the satisfaction of all of our guests. I certainly wish and hoped we could have handled this situation better and made you a happy customer rather than an upset customer and I am truly sorry about that. We will review the situation with our staff and make sure we work better to satisfy all of our guests in the future. If there is anything at all I have not answered for you or you would like to discuss further, please do not hesitate to let me know. Thank you again for your comments.

303-696-6644

Write a ReviewReviews (1,117)

Reviewed September 3, 2012

The location of this hotel is pretty good. It's close to the freeway and has a lot of food options in the area. They offer a daily breakfast that has more than bagels and muffins. Their cooks make tasty omelets with whatever you'd like. They'll also make other foods but it's not clearly indicated anywhere so you might think you can only order an omelet. In addition to the made to order food, they have fruits, oatmeal, cereal, bread for toast, muffins, bagels, coffee, various juices, and soda. All this is included, no additional fees! The attendants cleared dirty plates/glasses quickly and made sure the tables were wiped off right away to accommodate other diners.

The cons - the hotel itself is a little dated and the rooms still have tube televisions. The AC in our room was pretty loud and the people we traveled with had a loud clanking AC in their room. They contacted the front desk four times with no resolution. They also said their beds were like marshmallows, however, our bed was firm enough. The double beds are pretty small and could only be comfortable if used by one person (as opposed to a Queen bed). Parking was a little difficult to find most nights.

I would recommend this hotel as it was still a good value, the breakfast was great, and they had a Managers Reception that offered free snacks and drinks. The bartender was very nice and attentive. There was a gift shop, the man there is really nice and helpful. The rooms were clean as was the rest of the public areas.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank cougarxr21

Dear cougarxr21,

Thank you for your comments. We take a lot of pride in our breakfast and are glad you enjoyed it. We truly believe our omelet chef’s are the best in town. Thank you also for your comments in regards to the signage at breakfast. We absolutely agree that it is a little confusing and have ordered an entire new signage package in the hopes it will better direct our guests through breakfast.

In regards to the beds, we truly and honestly get just as many comments as to how hard they are as we do that they are too soft. I think it is just preference of the person sleeping but we are certainly examing the situation to make sure we are accomodating all of our guests. I also sincerely apologize that the A/C was not working well for you and more importantly that it was not fixed. If you would be so kind as to contact me directly I am happy to credit you a night of your stay or send you a gift certificate for a complimentary return stay. We certainly want you to be happy with your room and all facets of it during your stay. If there ever is any part of your room which is not living up to our standard or yours, please let us know. We are happy to move your room or do whatever it takes to ensure you are content and have a quality experience.

We do indeed believe we are a great value and offer wonderful amenities for both business and leisure travelers. Thank you again for your comments and we look forward to hosting you on your next visit to Denver.

Reviewed August 28, 2012

We once a year book this hotel for our event and once again they delivered!! Marisol you are fabulous and Je'sus you were wonderful as well! Thank you again for making everything go so smoothly :)
Amy - Convention expo

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business

Dear AmyW5353

Thank you for your fantastic comments. Jesus and Maribel are both long term and excellent employee’s of the hotel and we are proud to have them represent us. We certainly appreciate the opportunity to earn and keep your business year after year and I personally appreciate that you went out of your way to recognize them. They are both automatic nominee’s for Manager of the Quarter due to your wonderful review. Thank you again for your comments and for your business.

Reviewed August 24, 2012

Clean hotel with a great location and free parking. Rooms were fine. Staff were excellent. Breakfast was pretty good. The pull-out couch was uncomfortable however. We were allowed to check out one day early (to head to our next destination) without any penalties which was very appreciated.

The pool was really chilly and the hotub had so much power it continually splashed even up onto the floor/in your face.

Overall a nice experience and it served its purpose!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank JessicaMN
Reviewed August 22, 2012

This hotel is one of those places you stay because of the staff. From the front desk to the kitchen and waiters to the sales staff, we had a truly exceptional experience. They have been trained to find a way to say "yes" rather than default to "no" and are the reason you need to stay here on your next trip to the area.

The property is dated, but you don't really notice because it is well kept and clean. The rooms are huge (all have a separate sleeping room) and mine had 3! sinks. The room had a balcony, great room darkening shades and plenty of drawers and closets for your luggage. The microwave was pretty old, but worked fine and I like having a mini-fridge and "kitchen" sink separate from the one in the bathroom.

The rooms all look into an atrium and the elevators were partially under maintenance so the wait could be long. I took the stairs most often. They also have a guest washer and dryer for people staying a bit longer.

I really loved having a cook to order breakfast with eggs, omelets, french toast, pancakes, bacon, sausage, plus all the usual pastries, fruit, yogurt and cereals. I probably ate way too much during my stay and if you head down and the line seems long, don't worry - the guys working the line are super speedy! Be sure to tip.

In the evening they poured free wine, beer, and cocktails and put out some small crackers, cheese, and so forth. It was a great amenity and the wait staff working this was also exceptional. One night I ordered the salmon for dinner - delicious. There are food options in the area, but they aren't super obvious at first. I liked the location because it was easy to hop on different freeways and try to avoid traffic.

We will definitely be back to this hotel.

Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank OpEd

Dear OpEd,

Thank you so much for the wonderful comments. We certainly pride ourselves on our service and desire to say “yes” to all of our guests and we appreciate that you noticed. I am glad you enjoyed our breakfast, complimentary cocktail reception and the overall cleanliness of the hotel. There are certainly our pillars. Thank you again for your great comments and we look forward to hosting you again on your next trip to Denver.

Reviewed August 19, 2012

A fine place for families. If what you need is a suite at a modest price this is the place. The hotel is old...old furniture, TV, carpeting, etc. The omelet bar lines were quite long, but the breakfast food is OK. Cocktail hour is good. So don't stay here if you want a high quality experience, but do stay here if you want an affordable place for the family.

Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed August 16, 2012

I had to book a 2 night stay in Denver because I could not get into my convention hotel on time. I found this gem of a hotel and staff by dumb luck. So glad I did, rooms clean well done & in good repair. Pool, gym nice with a great bar & food up till 11 PM. You will love the breakfast. Made to order eggs anyway you want them every morning for the price of the room. All the other breakfast foods too with good coffee. Staff was really nice, all of them really nice. I would stay here again as it is a good location and value price.

Room Tip: Pay laundry is on 3rd floor. Quick to wash up stuff if you need to do that like I did. A/C was great...