“thanks for making our event once again fabulous!”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Denver Southeast
Ranked #32 of 157 Hotels in Denver
Toledo, Ohio
“thanks for making our event once again fabulous!”
Reviewed August 28, 2012

We once a year book this hotel for our event and once again they delivered!! Marisol you are fabulous and Je'sus you were wonderful as well! Thank you again for making everything go so smoothly :)
Amy - Convention expo

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
sturbow, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Denver Southeast, responded to this review, September 12, 2012
Dear AmyW5353

Thank you for your fantastic comments. Jesus and Maribel are both long term and excellent employee’s of the hotel and we are proud to have them represent us. We certainly appreciate the opportunity to earn and keep your business year after year and I personally appreciate that you went out of your way to recognize them. They are both automatic nominee’s for Manager of the Quarter due to your wonderful review. Thank you again for your comments and for your business.

303-696-6644

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (115)
MN
Reviewed August 24, 2012

Clean hotel with a great location and free parking. Rooms were fine. Staff were excellent. Breakfast was pretty good. The pull-out couch was uncomfortable however. We were allowed to check out one day early (to head to our next destination) without any penalties which was very appreciated.

The pool was really chilly and the hotub had so much power it continually splashed even up onto the floor/in your face.

Overall a nice experience and it served its purpose!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank JessicaMN
Seattle, WA
Reviewed August 22, 2012

This hotel is one of those places you stay because of the staff. From the front desk to the kitchen and waiters to the sales staff, we had a truly exceptional experience. They have been trained to find a way to say "yes" rather than default to "no" and are the reason you need to stay here on your next trip to the area.

The property is dated, but you don't really notice because it is well kept and clean. The rooms are huge (all have a separate sleeping room) and mine had 3! sinks. The room had a balcony, great room darkening shades and plenty of drawers and closets for your luggage. The microwave was pretty old, but worked fine and I like having a mini-fridge and "kitchen" sink separate from the one in the bathroom.

The rooms all look into an atrium and the elevators were partially under maintenance so the wait could be long. I took the stairs most often. They also have a guest washer and dryer for people staying a bit longer.

I really loved having a cook to order breakfast with eggs, omelets, french toast, pancakes, bacon, sausage, plus all the usual pastries, fruit, yogurt and cereals. I probably ate way too much during my stay and if you head down and the line seems long, don't worry - the guys working the line are super speedy! Be sure to tip.

In the evening they poured free wine, beer, and cocktails and put out some small crackers, cheese, and so forth. It was a great amenity and the wait staff working this was also exceptional. One night I ordered the salmon for dinner - delicious. There are food options in the area, but they aren't super obvious at first. I liked the location because it was easy to hop on different freeways and try to avoid traffic.

We will definitely be back to this hotel.

Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank OpEd
Dear OpEd,

Thank you so much for the wonderful comments. We certainly pride ourselves on our service and desire to say “yes” to all of our guests and we appreciate that you noticed. I am glad you enjoyed our breakfast, complimentary cocktail reception and the overall cleanliness of the hotel. There are certainly our pillars. Thank you again for your great comments and we look forward to hosting you again on your next trip to Denver.

Orange County CA
Reviewed August 19, 2012

A fine place for families. If what you need is a suite at a modest price this is the place. The hotel is old...old furniture, TV, carpeting, etc. The omelet bar lines were quite long, but the breakfast food is OK. Cocktail hour is good. So don't stay here if you want a high quality experience, but do stay here if you want an affordable place for the family.

Stayed August 2012
Sacramento, California
Reviewed August 16, 2012

I had to book a 2 night stay in Denver because I could not get into my convention hotel on time. I found this gem of a hotel and staff by dumb luck. So glad I did, rooms clean well done & in good repair. Pool, gym nice with a great bar & food up till 11 PM. You will love the breakfast. Made to order eggs anyway you want them every morning for the price of the room. All the other breakfast foods too with good coffee. Staff was really nice, all of them really nice. I would stay here again as it is a good location and value price.

Room Tip: Pay laundry is on 3rd floor. Quick to wash up stuff if you need to do that like I did. A/C was great...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
sturbow, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Denver Southeast, responded to this review, August 19, 2012
Dear xfil911,

Thank you so much for your great comments. We take a lot of pride in our staff and service and are delighted that we made a difference for you on your stay. I also want to thank you for noticing and mentioning how well our AC works. We just made a significant investment at the behest of our guests and are very pleased with our new system. Finally, thank you for noticing how clean the hotel was. That is a source of pride for us as well. We greatly appreciate that you choose to stay with us we hope to host you again the next time you are in Denver.

Bonita Springs, Florida
Reviewed August 7, 2012

This hotel has been around a long time. The rooms are comfortable and the breakfast that's included is excellent. There is no Wifi. They charge $8.95 per item. That is ridiculous!!! Even getting on is hard. This hotel's front desk people pretend this is normal at all hotels. REALLY? I think not.

• Stayed August 2012
sturbow, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Denver Southeast, responded to this review, August 8, 2012
Dear jobcoach,

Thank you very much for your comments. I am glad that you enjoyed the rooms and the breakfast. In regards to the internet charges, we do have Wifi and offer a variety of rates to suit our customers needs; ranging from $1.99 for 30 minutes to a weekly and monthly rate. We also offer complimentary internet in our business center. In regards to this being normal at all hotels, the front desk was indeed being truthful with you. Here are the rates at our local competitor hotels:

Embassy Suites Denver Tech Center- $9.95 per device for 24 hours
Embassy Suites Downtown- $12.95 per device for 24 hours
Marriott Denver Tech Center- $12.95 per device for 24 hours
Sheraton Denver Tech Center- $9.95 per room for 24 hours
Hyatt Denver Tech Center- $9.95 per device for 24 hours

You will notice that all of these rates are higher than what we charge and offer less flexibility. In addition, we have recently upgraded both our system and our capacity and are currently receiving rave reviews in regards to the speed and consistency from our guests.

Overall, I am glad you had a nice experience and I do apologize that you were unhappy with the internet rates. We hope to host you again the next time you are in Denver.

NorCal
Reviewed August 6, 2012

I just spent 3 nights at this Embassy Suites. It seems to be typical of the chain, although it smelled like smoking is allowed on one side of the 7th floor. The odor didn't get to my room, but walking past that area could be problematic if you are hyper sensitive.

The room was fine, although the mattress was somewhat soft. One of my pet peeves is shower/bath fixtures that are loose or don't work quite right. That is not a problem here. All of the bathroom fixtures seemed to be fairly new. I always had hot water in the morning, even with a fairly full hotel. The sink area in the bathroom itself is small, but there is another sink in the bedroom. There are 2 TVs, but neither is a flatscreen. In fact, the TV in the bar/restaurant was also old and outdated. Nothing HiDef in this hotel. Channel selection in the rooms is limited.

I had two evening meals in the restaurant. They were ok. Other dining options in the area are limited, with only a Qdoba and a McDonalds within walking distance. There is a Whole Foods grocery store across the street. I didn't have a chance to "explore" the immediate area so I can't tell you if there are other dining options available.

Two of the attractions of an Embassy Suites are the free breakfast and the evening "Manager's Reception". The lines for this breakfast were long, but they moved quickly. If you don't want eggs, there are fruit and cereal. The "Manager's Reception" is in the bar/restaurant area. Your choice of libations is limited. In other words, you can only have one brand of beer or the "cheap stuff" if you are having a cocktail. I don't know what the wine offering is. But the price is right during the reception, and there are servers if you don't want to stand in line.

The facility itself seems kind of gloomy. One of the elevators is out of service, and the other 3 are somewhat slow. The staff was helpful and, for the most part, friendly. I don't know that this hotel would be my first choice for a stay, primarily because of location, but if my work were to be in the area again, I wouldn't turn it down.

Almost forgot: the air conditioning ran all of the time. I don't think the temperature controls are accurate. What the control said was 67 seemed to be warmer than that. I had to set the temperature to 65. I couldn't leave the window open because the outside spotlights seemed to be directed right at my room. Not really, but they are very bright.

Room Tip: Make sure you ask for a non-smoking room if you are on the 7th floor.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Dear jaf006,

Thank you very much for your comments in regards to your recent stay. I am glad to see that you enjoyed our staff, breakfast, comp bar and many other aspects of the hotel. We do indeed have 18 restaurants including 8 sit down restaurants within walking distance of the hotel plus a couple more fast casual options in addition to the Whole Foods. There is also a movie theatre across the street and a second movie theatre and the light rail station 1 mile from the hotel. We are often referred to as the Embassy Suites in between everything in Denver.

I am sorry you felt that the facility was gloomy. That is not usually a comment we hear due to our huge tropical atrium and abundance of natural light but I will certainly look at our hotel again with fresh eyes to make sure we are doing everything we can. Thank you again for staying with us and we hope to host you again the next time you are in Denver.