“Unclean and Dated” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #36 of 154 Hotels in Denver
Belmont, Massachusetts
“Unclean and Dated”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2012

On the positive, this hotel is well-situated outside of Denver-- near shops and restaurants. The neighborhood was safe and parking was free. The breakfast that was included in the room rate was quite good with many hot and cold options. All of this was over-shadowed by the fact that my daughter awoke with red bites on her torso. I am pretty certain it was bed bugs. The bedspreads and upholstered furniture is dated and just don't seem clean. The pool was another disappointment. It was so murky and dirty you could not see your feet. The hot tub was also broken. One of the elevators was also broken.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Amanda M
sturbow, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Denver Southeast, responded to this review, August 2, 2012
Dear Amanda M,

I want to apologize for the unfortunate experience that you had at our hotel. The health and safety of our guests is of the utmost importance and is always a focal point of our operations in order to continue providing our guests with a great experience. We work closely with a professional pest control company to address and rectify any pest situation that might occur. The room you were in has been checked and found to be pest free. In regards to the elevator and pool, those are both areas we are currently addressing and I appreciate your comments on them. If there is anything I have not addressed or anything more I can assist you with, please don’t hesitate to let me know. Thank you for your patronage.

303-696-6644

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
Grand Rapids, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2012

We were pleasantly surprised by the attractive atrium and the roomy suite with very new furniture. Everything seemed clean and well-tended. The complimentary breakfast was great, with made to order omelets. Location was very convenient for us.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2012

I stayed at the Embassy Suites Denver SE last Tuesday night. The hotel was dated, dark and uninviting. I ordered room service when I arrived at 9:45 pm. The food was not good! The bartenders where I ordered the food were nice and accommodating. I went to breakfast at 9:04 am and they were closed. There is very little around this property if you don't want to eat at the hotel. All in all a subpar experience. This is not a typical experience at the Embassy Suites brand. Try the downtown location, it's perfect.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
sturbow, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Denver Southeast, responded to this review, August 1, 2012
Dear Ajsevic

Thank you for staying with us at our hotel. I appreciate your candor; we look for reviews to provide insight into our hotel and our guest suite appearance is an area we are actively examining. There are 15 restaurants within walking distance of the hotel as well as a gym and movie theatre and less than 1 mile away there is a light rail stop and another 5 restaurants and movie theatres. I am sorry that these options did not meet your needs. We also apologize for the issue of the food. I welcome any additional comments or suggestions you would like to share and appreciate that you took the time to share your thoughts. We hope to have you back as a guest.

Topeka, KS
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2012 via mobile

We had a group of approximately 50 teenagers. The hotel was able to accommodate our bus and put all of our minors in the same floor. We enjoyed the breakfast that was offered in the hotel atrium and the students had a nice hotel experience. The rooms were quiet and we were able to get some much-needed rest.

Missouri
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2012 via mobile

Nice hotel. Had no complaints on the room.

They have a ridiculously priced Internet access plan. That was our biggest letdown. You pay 100+ to stay here and they still want to charge for Internet.

Breakfast is above the average for a hotel. And they have a happy hour that we were unable to use, but that is another perk.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Denver Southeast, responded to this review, July 13, 2012
Dear ksugans,

Thank you very much for your comments in regards to your recent stay. I am glad to see that overall you had a great experience here and that you enjoyed the breakfast.

In regards to the internet, we offer packages for as low as $1.99 and offer a multitude of time and price options to access the internet. We also offer complimentary internet in our business center and we are happy to assist you in any way you need at the front desk as well. I apologize that this did not meet your needs.

We look forward to hosting you on your next trip to Denver and thank you again for staying with us.

Portland, Oregon
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2012

Stayed at this property for a two bank event April 24-26 (two nights). Upon returning home I noticed my bank account was charged for a third night. Called and no management available. Wrote letter to property May 7 disputing charge and asked fro a written repsonse. Disputed charge with my bank June 14. July 2 my bank upheld the fraudulent charge (I assume because the hotel indicated it was a valid charge). July 2 spoke with the Controller. He apologized for error and assured me I would receive credit that evening. July 3 received voicemail from Scott (General Manager). July 5 called back and no manager on duty and Scott (GM) is off until July 9. The Controller acknowledged the error. The charged me for a no show on April 24. I was there. The clerk that checked me in spelled my name wrong (even though they were looking at my drivers license), thus triggering the no show charge. No big deal. Just fix it! Never, ever had a problem at an Embassy Suites property. What a nightmare.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank jkiesz
sturbow, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Denver Southeast, responded to this review, July 19, 2012
Dear JKiesz,

I sincerely apologize for the miscommunication that occurred between us and that I was unable to contact you between July 4th and 6th. We strive to ensure that all of our guests are satisfied with every aspect of their stay, and we are very sorry to hear about your frustration. As you are well aware, the no show charge had nothing to do with the spelling of your name. It was a result of you making two completely separate reservations two months apart for the same set of dates. I am still open to discussing your complaints, and I hope that we can find a way to make contact with each other. I am truly sorry we have not been able to work this out as of yet, and I hope that we will be able to resolve this issue to the mutual satisfaction of all parties. I have reached out to you multiple times within the last two weeks and I hope that you will return my calls so that we can clear up all the confusion in the most efficient and satisfactory way possible. Thank you for staying with us.

Kansas City, Missouri
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2012

My family and I stayed here for four days due to a family member graduating from the Air Force Academy. All family members that stayed at this hotel were very pleased with the rooms, breakfast and all staffs. They let us take a wheelchair off the premises doing our stay. If I go back to Denver; I'm going to select this hotel. Thank you.

Room Tip: We selected two suites; very spacious and cleaned.