“Good hotel, delightful staff”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Denver Southeast
Ranked #33 of 157 Hotels in Denver
Moorpark, California
“Good hotel, delightful staff”
Reviewed April 27, 2011

I'm always a fan of Embassy suites for the spacious rooms, excellent breakfast, and complimentary manager's reception. In this case the real high point was the staff - every one I came in contact with was extremely friendly and welcoming.

My room was spacious and well laid-out. As with all Embassy Suites there were two completely separate rooms, with a workspace in the living room area.

The hotel has a respectable fitness center, with an assortment of cardio machines and a set of free weights.

The only aspect that fell short of "excellent" was the manager's reception. I'm grateful to have it at all, but I would expect more food than a platter of fruit and an always-empty bowl of pretzel mix.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
sturbow, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Denver Southeast, responded to this review, May 4, 2011
Dear DebbiesOnTheRoad,

Thank you very much for your kind review. It was our pleasure to provide you with friendly and welcoming service during your stay and it makes us so proud to hear that it made your stay more enjoyable. Our internal service and cleanliness standards are two (of the many) aspects of the hotel that each and every member of the staff takes very personally and seriously and we love hearing that we "Made a Difference" during your business trip.

Additionally, you may be pleased to know that we are in the process of completely revamping our Evening Manager's Reception offerings. Changes will include some modifications to our light snack offerings, new dips to accompany the snacks, new presentations and a couple of new drinks. Our goal is to have these items all in place by mid July and we sincerely hope that you return to the Denver area around that time to see our changes. In the meantime, I sincerely apologize that the bowl of pretzels was ever empty and we will correct that problem immediately. I appreciate you bringing that to our attention.

If there is anything at all the staff or I can do for you, please don't hesitate to let us know. We hope to see you again on your next visit to Denver and thank you again for the review.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (116)
Reviewed April 8, 2011

I had to travel to Denver on business and this hotel fit within the budget. I was a bit disappointed that it wasn't downtown, but I had a car and the distance to downtown and other areas of interest wasn't an issue. In fact, there seemed to be a lot of families who also chose to stay here. The room was big and clean and nicely furnished, although the tv's could stand to be updated to flat screens. My only complaint was that the mattress was too soft for my taste. The breakfast with the made to order omelets was great, and the happy hour in the evenings for guests was a great touch. My co-workers and I enjoyed sharing a few free drinks at the end of the work day. Overall the staff was very helpful and friendly. But there was one gentlemen at the desk who seemed like he didn't want to be bothered (because he didn't want to look up from his computer screen) when I asked him the hotel address so I could give it to a friend who was coming to visit. Despite this, the hotel stay was very nice.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank fwy
asf1
Reviewed April 4, 2011

Brought a group of co-workers for a seminar; we needed a good price, free breakfast, and comfortable rooms. We compared the rates at other hotels (including Hilton and other ES), andES Southeast were great. Many hotels offer free breakfasts, but their choices are pretty skimpy. Not ES. We enjoyed the happy hour immensly- we had such a good time that we almost missed dinner. The personnel were fantastic, attuned to all our needs. Ive read that some of the hotel looks older - I personally didnt see this for the 5 days I was there. There were many restaurants across the street; we knew in advance we'd have to take the rail or cab for shopping, so this was no surprise. We had a rental car, so there were no issues. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Speak with a customer service rep on the phone
  • Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank asf1
Hollywood, Florida
Reviewed March 9, 2011

I have stayed at this Embassy Suites a number of times for the last 3 years for business purposes. The furniture is definitely outdated and the bath products need updated. However, the staff is wonderful, the rooms are very clean and it's nice to see the same staff on return visits. Whole Foods, a movie theater, and other restaurants and shops are within walking distance. If you are looking for a more modern hotel, stay at the one downtown. If you are looking for consistency stay here

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Charlotte954
sturbow, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Denver Southeast, responded to this review, March 29, 2011
Thank you very much for taking the time to post your comments from your recent stay with us. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed yourself and continue to return to the hotel. I believe that you will be happy to hear that we are in the process of completely changing our bath products to "Naturals by Crabtree & Evelyn” These new products will be found at every Embassy Suites nationwide by the end of June and will be throughout our hotel by the end of April.

Additionally, it made the entire team happy to hear that you noticed the continuity of our staff. We have multiple managers that have been at the hotel over 15 years and many staff members that have been here just as long or longer. This is a true testament to the team we have here and how much we enjoy working with each other and even more importantly, working with our guests. Seeing the same guests return month after month and year after year is a true source of pride for the employee’s of the hotel as we realize you have many choices as to where you stay and are proud to hear that you continue to choose our hotel.

As you also noticed, we pride ourselves on our cleanliness and service and have some of the top rated cleanliness scores in the entire Embassy Suites Brand. The entire team works very hard to maintain our own service, helpfulness and cleanliness standards and we are very happy to hear that all of our hard work was noticed! If there is anything more the staff or I can do for you, please do not hesitate to let us know. Thank you again for your comments as well as your loyalty.
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed November 18, 2010

This is a Hilton? An Embassy Suites? Give me a Holiday In n Express. This is one the oldest, outdated, poorly decorated, junky places I have stayed in in the USA, and I travel 150 days a year.

For as old as it is, its very nice, if you like Smokey and Bandit era rooms. For $139 a spacious 2 rooms, but its stops there. I was booked here 2 days and and I am leaving after 1 night, I can hear the TV at 6am next door, people talking on the otherside, and the area is nothing but the outskirts of a Denver crap.

Much better properties on Colorado nearer Cherry Creek, thats for darn sure.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
sturbow, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Denver Southeast, responded to this review, December 8, 2010
Thank you very much for your comments in regards to your recent stay. I am very sorry to hear that our hotel was not what you were looking for and I sincerely apologize that the décor of our hotel led you to have an unpleasant stay.

While the hotel is not downtown, we are conveniently located 1 mile off of the interstate with a gorgeous Whole Foods Market across the street as well as 21 restaurants, 3 movie theatres, 2 night clubs and the light rail within walking distance of the hotel. Additionally, we are located about 1 mile from the Denver Tech Center, about 5 miles from Cherry Creek and Aurora and about 15 minutes from Downtown Denver. Many of our guests enjoy our very centralized location which allows them easy access to many noteworthy areas throughout Denver

In regards to your noise complaints, quite honestly, that is not a complaint that we hear often as our walls are made of concrete. Regardless, we are always happy to help our guests in anyway possible and would have absolutely addressed the situation to your satisfaction if we would have been given the opportunity to do so.

If there are any other concerns that I can address for you, please contact me at your convenience. We take our guest comments very seriously and pride ourselves on our customer service, cleanliness and helpfulness and I sincerely hope that you give us the chance to let you experience that as well.
Walt Disney World, Florida
Reviewed October 25, 2010

I'm Italian and i had never been to an Embassy suites properties before.
It was a great surprise for me and my fiancè .The structure is very attractive and the garden inside the building is amazing.
Rooms are big and clean ,we had 2 double beds room so it was very comfy for sleeping.Wet bar and flat screen tv in a separate room from the bed room was a nice idea.
Breakfast was excellent,food was delicoiuse and the staff was very polite.
The zone where the hotel sets isn't very charming but you can find many services or restaurants close to it.
Parking slots aren't a lot so at late evening you may walk(few) to reach the hotel .
Go there,it 's a good place to stay inn !
Prepayed rates are very convinient for this kind of hotel.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
3 Thank norvegiasara
sturbow, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Denver Southeast, responded to this review, November 4, 2010
Thank you very much for your comments in regards to your recent stay. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed Denver and your hotel stay. We certainly pride ourselves on our cleanliness as well as our customer service oriented staff and I am delighted to hear that they impressed you during your stay. Our complimentary full cooked to order breakfast, evening manager's reception and large two room suites are our other fantastic amenities and it sounds like those were advantageous to you too.

Thank you also for your pictures of the hotel as well as Denver as a whole. They are great!

We look forward to hosting you again on your next trip to the Denver area.
USA
Reviewed September 27, 2010

The location of this hotel is not ideal for a tourist to Denver. Unless you are renting a car and are very good with finding your way around a metropolitan area AND don't mind driving 30+ minutes to get to anything decent...I wouldn't recommend staying here. There definitely is no "view" either. You cannot see the mountains and the sights out the window are other buildings in a somewhat run down business park. It's kind of depressing to be in a beautiful state like Colorado and only have a view of the car wash next door...
Within walking distance you will find a Whole Foods Market, Benihana, Subway, Chipotle, Einstein Bagels and a Walgreens. I personally walked to the nearest RTD train station to get downtown, but wouldn't suggest it. It took around 20 minutes to walk to the station and the area wasn't well-lit in the evening. The train ride to downtown was around 20 minutes as well. Taxis are available from the hotel to downtown, but the cost is around $30 each way. A cab to/from the airport costs around $70.
I stayed here for business and it was certainly awesome to have a hot breakfast prepared and have happy hour. The chefs and service staff were pleasant. Most of the food was standard continental breakfast faire, but the made-to-order omlets really made it easier to get up in the morning. The happy hour is awesome. FREE house beer, wine and a few name brand liquors. Cheese, crackers & fruit platters.
Other things:
-The rooms were so-so. Some of the amenities were updated (bathroom, bedding) but most were older (TVs, refrigerator, microwave, furniture, draperies).
-The bathroom is one of the smallest I've seen, but it served its purpose and was clean.
-Very few TV channels (as is typical for hotels).
-No solid door. Glass pane door covered up by curtains. I definitely triple checked that my curtains were completely closed each night. It was kind of creepy to see into other rooms who didn't close their curtains.
-The atrium area can get very loud depending on what group(s) are there. It's really an unavoidable aspect of the Embassy Suite style of hotel though.
-The "gift shop" was rarely open. If you forget something or need a snack, be prepared to take the 3-4 block walk to the Whole Foods or Walgreens!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business