“just ok”

Ranked #73 of 157 Hotels in Denver
New York, New York, United States
“just ok”
Reviewed August 4, 2013

the hotel was just all right.

Beds were comfortable, room amenities were basic and clean enough

I do have one complaint, there was not enough outlets for the room.

For a room that can sleep up to 4 people and with modern technology, everyone has at least 2-3 items that they need to charge for the night. We are talking about cell phones, Ipad, tablets, cameras, etc
We were only able to find 2 free outlets in the whole room!
not acceptable.

Overall, just ok, not the best stay

Room Tip: bring a outlet extension or else you won't be able to charge all your electrical devices
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Jodie W, General Manager at Courtyard Denver Stapleton, responded to this review, August 9, 2013
Thank you for taking time to review our hotel. I agree that shortage of outlets seems to be a concern with most hotel rooms and can be frustrating when having to move the furniture or unplug something else. I am pleased that for the most part our rooms have them on the bedside lamps, on the desk lamp, as well as other wall outlets. An electronic device can be plugged in without having to move the furniture or disconnecting other devices. We appreciate you staying with us and that you will consider staying with us on your next visit to Denver.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Penang Island, Malaysia
Reviewed July 31, 2013

We love the Courtyards, they are comfortable and the staff is friendly and helpful. Although the rooms aren't overly large, they meet our needs and have everything we need for comfort. My only complaint is the small restaurant should be expanded.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your positive feedback about our hotel. Our staff takes pride in providing and relaxing and comfortable place for our guests to recharge and be productive. We are anticipating a hotel renovation in 2014 which will expand our restaurant into the new Bistro and we will serve breakfast and dinner. Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to having you as our guest on your next visit to Denver.
Anchorage, Alaska
Reviewed July 12, 2013

The rooms were good sized and comfortable and the staff were very friendly and accommodating. I flew all night and got to the hotel at 8:30am and they allowed me to check in. My GPS had difficulty locating it.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your kind words. We will share with our staff. We understand the frustration with GPS directions to our hotel. We send an email 3 days prior to guests' arrival with directions and GPS alert prior if we have an email address on file at the time of the reservaiton. Google Maps have made the corrections and Map Quest continues to be a challange for us to get the correct information updated. Thank you again for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you again in the future.
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Bid on this hotel on Priceline.com... so was worth the low price. Was about 10 minutes outside of Denver, which was OK for parking and getting around. Lots of nearby restaurants and shopping. Getting to the hotel is a little confusing, so make sure you ask for directions.

The hotel room was dark and tiny. I also didn't think it was incredibly clean compared to other hotels, but it was a place to sleep while visiting the city. The hotel is at a dead end, so sometimes you see some homeless people wandering around outside... so I'd ask for a room not on ground level.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Akayj424
Jodie W, General Manager at Courtyard Denver Stapleton, responded to this review, December 22, 2013
Thank you for your feedback and comments.
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed July 5, 2013

We got this through hotels.com where the price was ridiculously low. Probably wouldn't stay here again simply because of what most of the other reviewers are saying about the location. It is RIDICULOUSLY hard to get to! But. the room was great - very roomy, clean, modern. Absolutely satisfied with everything other than getting to the hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Jodie W, General Manager at Courtyard Denver Stapleton, responded to this review, October 29, 2013
Thank you for your positive feedback regarding your stay at our hotel. We look forward to having you as our guest again in the future.
Woodbury, Minnesota
Reviewed July 1, 2013

Even though I am repeating what many others have stated, I feel I must say it too. This place is hard to find. Most GPS's can't pinpoint it and neither can most of the sites like Mapquest. Not only does that make finding the hotel hard, but it also screws up any directions you might print off using the hotel as your starting point. We routinely got sidetracked or outright lost trying to get places.

The hotel is located back in a very industrial area. It appeared freshly remodeled and the rooms were nice. We had 3 rooms and all had moth issues. Two of our three parties had to actually move rooms due to all the moths that had gotten in. The guy at the front desk was very friendly and comped breakfast for the trouble. I know moths are pretty resourceful and can get in small places, but I would hope the hotel would investigate a solution.

The lobby is very nice with lots of seating areas and computers that actually work. I would actually rate the property itself as above average, but have to deduct for the location and the moths.

The staff was exceptional. Very nice and cherry. They actually seemed to enjoy serving the guests and were not just "going through the motions" Robert was especially professional and helpful.

At the end of the day, I would be hard pressed to recommend this hotel based strictly on it's location. As an out of towner, I really value a place that I can find easily and a place that I get to other places easily from. This hotel fails miserably at that.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Jodie W, General Manager at Courtyard Denver Stapleton, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel! I'd like to apologize for your experience with moths in your room. As great as Denver is, the city acts as a hub for Miller Moth migration, and we do our best to minimize the amount that make their way into the hotel. As for the directions, we are continually working to improve how our guests are guided to our hotel and we hope to have a resolution shortly. I'm happy to hear the positive feedback about our staff. We take pride in our high level of service. Thank you for staying with us, and we hope with some improvements to the way GPS providers direct guests to our hotel, we can have you as a guest again soon!
Chicago, IL
Reviewed June 7, 2013

Below is a note that I sent to a Marriott Guest Services representative, to give them a heads up on my dissatisfaction. I agree with the other comments that the hotel is a little hard to find. There is a frontage road which late at night is not really easy to see, and I wound up going back down the main road towards I-70 and had a tough time getting a chance to make a U turn. If you are heading south off of the I - 70 interchange, you need to make two lefts to get onto the frontage road, just make sure you overshoot the main road by a few feet to complete the second left and you will be fine. Down at the Marriott Courtyard, pay attention to your location as there is not really a lighted sign directing you to the right. I did not miss it, as the building is large enough, but a sign would help.

I do agree that the hotel is quiet and the carpet is newer. The bed is not uncomfortable, but I did have some concerns as noted below. I think they could re-do their pillows as the other comment said. There are definitely better courtyards, but this one is priced lower and still fairly convenient for a flight out of DEN in the morning.

Here is my note to the hotel:

Thank you for the offer of a free breakfast (letter under the door). It was a nice surprise, being only a silver level member. Unfortunately when I went down to have breakfast I was told that my breakfast had already been used and that I could speak with a manager. I showed my driver’s license and again was told I could speak with a manager.

Having a flight out that morning, I decided this was too much of a hassle and left. It was only 6:50 AM, so I was not in the best a spirits having arrived late to your hotel, then night before.

I also want to share two other issues. When I pulled back the comforter on the bed, I noticed some stains on the sheet, at night I thought they may be dried blood, in the morning, I think they may have been brown makeup. Needless to say, that with the fact that the sheets seemed excessively wrinkled, made for less than a comfortable night. They did not smell, so I presume that they were clean, although stains are not really acceptable to me.

I had spent the two previous nights at the Hampton Inn in Lakewood and they have a sticky note on the bed indicating that both the sheets and the comforter had been washed for my stay.

Finally, and this is really minor, but added to my overall dissatisfaction, the pen on the night stand had been chewed and the ink portion had been removed. In other words, it was just the plastic holder, not a pen.

To me Marriott is the most consistent of the brands that I stay at, but my experience at your hotel made me rethink that.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Jodie W, General Manager at Courtyard Denver Stapleton, responded to this review, June 8, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to evaluate our hotel and your positive comments. We are in the process of upgrading our bedding linens and replacing our pillows with a different size and specification. I would like to discuss your comments regarding the breakfast concerns you had personally if you would like to contact me directly at the hotel. You can reach me by calling the hotel at 303-333-3303 and asking for the General Manager. Thank you again for your time and we look forward to you staying with us on your next visit to Denver.