“Pretty good, but a few issues”

Courtyard Denver Stapleton
Ranked #73 of 157 Hotels in Denver
Kansas City
“Pretty good, but a few issues”
Reviewed August 4, 2012

I stayed here for a couple of nights while in town for a sporting event. The hotel was very conveniently located right off of I-70. It's not in a great area, and there aren't any shops or restaurants within walking distance, but it's only a short drive to a few commercial areas.
Check-in and out were quick and easy. The lady was not rude at all, but just seemed disinterested while checking me in. The room was clean and had decent decor. The bed was a comfortable king, and there was a nice 32" flatscreen.
They did book me in a handicap accessible room though, and some of the features (like the shower only which drained partially onto the bathroom floor, and the bathroom door which was spring-loaded and had to be propped open) were inconvenient. There were also no vending machines that I could find. If you wanted a snack you had to go to the lobby and buy it from their "store", which was typically over-priced. They also mentioned complimentary USA Todays for each room. I did not get one either morning I was there. The room did not have a mini-fridge or microwave either. I knew this from their website, but it is still something that most decent hotels have in each room. Also, the side door which was closest to my room worked with one of my key cards, but not with the other.
Overall it was a decent experience. There were the few minor issues that I mentioned, but nothing major that would prevent me from staying here again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Kramerica
Jodie W, General Manager at Courtyard Denver Stapleton, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Thank you for your evaluation of our hotel. For future reference, many of our rooms so have refrigerators in them. We plan to complete the rest of the hotel during 2013 so all rooms have them. In the meantime, we do have refrigerators and microwaves available up on request. I am glad you found our staff pleasant. We look forward to being of service to you on your next visit to Denver.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Houston
Reviewed August 2, 2012

Stayed there for a mini family reunion; we had 4 rooms booked and had a fantastic time. The location was perfect for where we needed to be to visit close family. It was a very quiet 4th of July place to visit. The staff was exceptional. They said that it would be renovated soon, but for now expect older rooms with older TV's and furnishings. Go for the location because it's very close to the mall and great restaurants.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Jodie W, General Manager at Courtyard Denver Stapleton, responded to this review, August 29, 2012
We are very glad that you were able to enjoy your "mini vacation" with us at the Stapleton Courtyard. We do have wonderful restaurants and shopping very near by, as well as, the Denver Zoo and several museums. We are looking forward to our guest room and lobby renovation next year which will include the new restaurant "The Bistro". We receive many compliments on our pool and how pleasant and refreshing it is overlooking our beautiful Courtyard. It is a hidden treasure that guests love when they stay with us. Thank you for your kind words about our staff. We strive everyday to not just meet our guest's expectations, but to exceed them. We look forward to having you as our guest on your next visit to Denver.
Torrance, California
Reviewed July 18, 2012

This hotel was a little hard to find, but once we found the hotel it was smooth sailing. The hotel staff was extremely friendly and willing to accommodate. Our room was on the 3rd floor near the elevator. Although there were other people on our floor, we heard virtually no hallway noise or nearby doors slamming closed. It was a nice quiet stay with a very comfortable bed. This hotel is located just a few minutes from a Walmart and a shopping center with quite a few restaurants. There was another mall 5 minutes away with shops, restaurants and movie theaters. A very enjoyable stay with Courtyard employees that went above and beyond to please. I will definitely stay here again on any future trip to Denver.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Jodie W, General Manager at Courtyard Denver Stapleton, responded to this review, July 23, 2012
Thank you for your positive comments and great feedback for our hotel. We look forward to having you stay with us again on your next visit to Denver. Enjoy your day.
Reviewed July 16, 2012 via mobile

I stayed here for 3 nights during a business training. The hotel did not include a free breakfast. The room appeared small when compared other similar hotel rooms (i.e. Hyatt Place). However, the bed was comfortable, staff were friendly, and the wifi was good. The location is close to many restaurants, places to shop, and a move theatre.

Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your positive comments and feedback for our hotel during your recent stay. We do have packages available that include breakfast and I would suggest you may want to inquire about them when making future reservations. We look forward to being of service to you again on your next visit to Denver. Please contact me directly at the hotel if I can be of further assistance. Enjoy your day!
Draper, UT
Reviewed July 6, 2012

What can I say, I like Courtyards. They are clean, consistent, and I always get a good night's sleep. This was no exception, and I was there for three nights. There are train tracks nearby, however, and I did hear the 5:30 AM train and one day I heard one at 2:30 AM. But you'll probably hear them from any of the hotels in the area, so nothing really special there. Other than that, no issues. Very clean, very comfortable, good breakfast. Easy location relative to I-70 and there's a lot of restaurants (and a liquor store) nearby as well. I will stay here again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you very much for your positive comments and feedback for our hotel. We take pride in not only meeting our guests expectations but exceeding them. We look forward to having you stay with us again on your next visit to the Denver area. Have a great day!
North Carolina
Reviewed June 18, 2012

Stayed for 4 night business trip. Marriott site this location was only 11 miles from Westminster, but didn't say it would take 25 minutes to drive there. Hotel is older with updated furniture and carpet. But the lobby hasn't been updated with new cafe / bar design. Terrible location in a mostly industrial district. Close to nothing but fast food, and far enough from "nice" restaurants to be aggravating. Fairly quiet property. Front desk understaffed. I'll definitely not return here.

• Stayed June 2012
Thank you for your candid feedback from your stay at our hotel. I apologize that we were not able to meet and exceed your expectations. I can understand your frustration with the travel time you experienced going to Westminster. Traffic can be very unpredictable during certian times of the day and can create extra time or unexpected delays. We are excited that our lobby renovation is be completed in 2013. I can appreciate the features that the new bistro and lobby provide definitely can enhance a guest experience. We do have several very nice restaurants with in 1-2 miles of the hotel. I hope you will get to experience them on your next visit to Denver. We would welcome the opportunity to regain your trust in our hotel and the Stapleton area on your next visit to Denver. Please feel free to contact me directly at the hotel if I can be of further assistance or help make your reservations with us personally. Have a great day.
Maple Grove, Minnesota
Reviewed May 29, 2012

My husband and I just stayed here for one night. The room was clean and the bed was very comfortable! Would stay here again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Michelle W
Thank you for taking time to provide positive comments and feedback for our hotel. We take pride in meeting and exceeding our guests expectations so they can have a memorable experience at our hotel. We look forward to seeing you again in the future. Enjoy your day!