“Bad location, bad internet access”

Courtyard Denver Stapleton
Ranked #73 of 157 Hotels in Denver
Denver, Colorado
“Bad location, bad internet access”
Reviewed June 5, 2011

The location is hard to get to. Check the hotel site for directions because your GPS will get you lost. There is nothing within walking distance of the hotel except for some trucking yards.

The room was standard Marriott Courtyard - comfortable & well sized.

The internet access was bad. It kept dropping & the hotel staff was of no help. They just confirmed that the internet was down and expected you to wait till it came up again. Unacceptable to me.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank walkinwood

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Colorado
Reviewed April 25, 2011

Very hard to find. Our GPS took us under the bridge (four wheeling). However, there is good signage just pass the overpass. Stayed here on reward points for two nights. My family used the pool while I attended meetings. The pool was great and my family had a nice time. Staff was very friendly. The hotel is secure and I felt safe. I reserved a king with a pull out sofa but when they checked us in they had the wrong room type. They fixed it immediately and were very friendly about it. I did not care for the breakfast (a bit expensive for what you got) but Panera is just up the street. Close to restaurants and shopping. Not far from downtown. Over all not a bad place to stay. I would stay there again.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank lorarose
Hudson, Wisconsin
Reviewed April 20, 2011

I had a good stay at this courtyard which is what I have come to expect of this hotel. Staff was very friendly and the rooms were comfortable and clean. My only complaint would be that it is tricky to get to even though it is right off the freeway. No big deal though and I will stay here again.

• Stayed March 2011
1 Thank cartersman
Madison, Wisconsin
Reviewed November 16, 2010

I was there at night , the entrance of the road to the hotel is hard to find and if you miss that one you will be bring to the high way again , I spend half an hour to and from the high way and finally find that entrance. The hotel has no restaurant on site the only way to find food if you don't have a car is call . The room is old and just OK. free wifi which is good. Overall experience there two night is not bad.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank pdingo
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed August 6, 2010

Stuck at this hotel due to missing connection at Denver Airport. With all airport hotels booked, forced to spend $100 on taxis and $136 on the room. Only spent about 6 hours there, so clean linens, something to eat and a wake up call was all we needed. Lavinia @ front desk was a highlight. She helped with the taxi in the morning and assisted us in getting something to eat and cleaned up the microwave after we blew up the soup in it. Does appear to be in a rough part of town, so it would not be my choice for lodging in the future. Under the circumstances, it suited our emergency needs for the night.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank DizWiz99
Palm Springs, California
Reviewed August 4, 2010

I am a Marriott Rewards member and have stayed at many Courtyards with no problems. This particular property is in a not so nice location next to an overpass where homeless folks hang out. We even saw the police at the front desk after an encounter with them. The second day of our stay we heard loud dogs barking next to our room. The hotel manual in the room said that NO pets were allowed, so I called the front desk and she said yes, they do accept pets. She had no apologies so we asked if we could move away from the" "dog pound" and she at least accommodated us there. The new room had a big screen for the sliding door door just laying over on the balcony. Not a well maintained property. Then to my disgust, there was a huge pile of dog crap right where I had to step into my car. If staying at a Marriott is important to you, stay away from here. The clientele is more like what you would see at Days Inn or Motel 6.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank DesertRat011
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Reviewed August 3, 2010

The general manager of the hotel is very rude and not accompanying to guests. She had many chances to make things right and choose to complicate the situation, as well as having a horrible attitude the whole time. The pool had feces flouting in it, spiders were on the walls and coffee pots were broken. I will definitly never stay here again. I advise that you dont either.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family