“Customer service makes the stay worth it.”

Holiday Inn Express Denver Downtown
Ranked #75 of 160 Hotels in Denver
Reviewed September 17, 2013 via mobile

The employees here are just awesome. Christina, Charity, Carter, the valet, and everyone else I bumped into were just wonderful. Deborah is awesome and took care of my billing issues like a champ. Taylor is a snob and I dont think she likes her job very much but the rest of the staff made up for it. The rooms are quite small and have no fridge/microwave-they are fine of you are not staying very long. An extra toilet paper should be placed in the rooms and I recommend conditioner. It is weird that the outlets dont work unless the lights are on (not very green but im sure its an old building) The eggs are horrible, I would take them off the menu, no one I was with could eat them. All in all this is a great location, the hotel is very clean (although someone really needs to clean behind the ice machines) and staff rocks! I would return.

• Stayed: September 2013

Reviewed September 15, 2013

We had to stay at this hotel as we were joining a Cosmos tour. After a horrendous transfer by super shuttle, our arrival at the hotel was interesting. Because we were part of a tour, the reception really did not care about us, they just handed the key to us and pointed toward the elevator. The room was small because of the two beds in the room, the bathroom was a strange shape and the toilet is on an angle. The breakfast was quite ok, it was very hard to get a table and to get near the food as the space is not adequate to the number of people the hotel can house, especially as they know there are bus tours booking in to this hotel. The location is definitely the best thing about this hotel as it is close to banks and numerous restaurants. Not a bad stay but I am sure there is better if you look.

Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed September 10, 2013

Stayed here on a business trip, I usually don't write reviews but created an account and here I am. This place has a very friendly staff who go out their way to help you. The rooms were good, and modern looking. Getting to the hotel is a bit difficult from the airport but lots of things to do near by! Great stay.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 9, 2013

Judging by the score on tripadvisor, and the incredibly low rate we got, we weren't expecting much other than a good location. But the hotel was perfect for us and surprised us with its understated comforts! Our room was clean, quiet, modern, and comfortable, and the view was incredible! Amazing location right downtown, near everything we wanted to see in Denver. Was nice being right next to the Brown Palace Hotel, and sometimes felt we were guests there, with everything from a discount at that hotel's restaurants, a direct 2nd-floor walkway to the Palace, and room service menus in our room. Breakfast was good for the price (free!). Only problem was lack of toiletries in bathroom and dead batteries in the TV remote (as well as a TV that wasn't quite viewable from the bed), but the first two issues were quickly rectified with a call to the front desk. Overall I felt like I was in a top-notch hotel for bottom-level pricing.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher room with a view
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 8, 2013

Free breakfast (eggs, sausage, coffee, tea, yogurt,etc) , location is near 16st mall, clean, awesome view, good price (~90$/night). Location is near parking area i.e. 6$ overnight and free parking on Sunday around area. I think the hotel charges 20$/day for parking.

Room Tip: they give free upgrade if you ask for it.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 3, 2013

A short 2 night stay for business. Hotel had what I needed - clean room, comfortable bed, work desk and was central to what I needed. Breakfast was included and looked good but I didn't eat it as we had planned breakfast with colleagues.

Nothing else to say. It wasn't the fanciest place I've been but that's not what I was looking for. As I said...clean and comfy - what else do you need?

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 3, 2013

I stayed here along with my parents and a couple friend from Germany and we chose this hotel because of the location. It's a good value considering other downtown prices, but the hotel definitely shows its age - in the hallways and the rooms. However, it was clean and safe and the hot breakfast was a nice plus. It's close to the 16th Street Mall, the Capitol and the National Western Art Museum is right next door! All of the staff were very friendly and courteous. I would stay here again if I want to experience downtown Denver but the property could use a little face-lift. The sister property across the street, The Brown Palace, is something to see. Very historic and ornate. If you show your Comfort Inn key, you can receive a discount on food at their restaurants. If anything, it's worth just seeing the Brown Palace lobby!

Room Tip: The hotel is tall and narrow, so you have to pick your poison as far as noise - either be far from t...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple