“Request a corner king bed room”

Holiday Inn Express Denver Downtown
Ranked #73 of 157 Hotels in Denver
New York, NY
“Request a corner king bed room”
Reviewed May 25, 2013

I had to book at the Comfort Inn for a conference, due to my belated planning and other hotels in a similar price range ($212 per night including tax) and conference proximity being booked. This was my first stay at a Comfort Inn and I was expecting a mediocre experience from this "budget" hotel. I was pleasantly surprised at my 6th floor corner king bed room which had large wrap around windows, making the room very sunny and cheerful, and was comfortably sized. The furnishings and bathroom hardware were budget type, but the bathroom was clean and well laid out and the bed was comfortable.

One caveat--the food is mediocre. The front desk told me that the food is catered by the upscale Brown hotel across the street. My room service salmon salad was OK, but the fruit plate was mostly a bunch of poorly washed grapes and honeydew and cantaloupe that looked and tasted like it was cut a few days before. The complimentary breakfast consists of bad coffee with no real milk other than 2% (get from cereal area), pre-fab pastries and tater tots and sausages; and scrambled eggs.

Second caveat--the Tv remote was difficult to work and I could not advance through the channels easily. It seemed to be designed to easily default to the pay per view movie section

Room Tip: Choose corner king bed room
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
DenverComfortInn, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Denver Downtown, responded to this review, May 26, 2013
Dear Physician,

Thank you for joining us here in Denver. We are delighted you enjoyed the panoramic views that our King bed rooms provide. Many business travelers enjoy these rooms because of the ample desk space they provide and for the opportunity to visually explore the city without procrastination of their work commitments. We would be grateful for the opportunity to welcome you back to Denver for your next conference.

Sincerley,
bellwood@denvercomfortinn.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
  • Korean first
Reviewed May 23, 2013

Price was high and the rooms are small! At least mine was, after looking on here at some pics some of the rooms look bigger, maybe because mine was right at the corner with another on the same corner. Let me back up... while finding this hotel wasn't the problem(GPS took us right in front)! The problem was it wasn't in front of the mandatory valet parking(28.00 for smaller vehicles & more for larger(I had a big truck))! After going round and round for 30 minutes we stopped in the front off to the side but still in the road to go in and ask "how to get to the valet one way street' well the maintance man came out and gave us great directions at 12:30AM! Thank you MM you saved the day!!! So FYI find Tremont to get to the valet! Check in was nice then we head up the elevator to find our room! That's when we were shocked to see that it was listed for 209 plus tax and it was small! We got 2 beds and thank God we didn't have the kids or we wouldn't of been able to move much. Then we noticed that there were some stain on the carpet a lot of stains big white ones. We were so tired we just thought we will tell them in the morning. We woke up to a nice view(best part of our visit)!!! We were on the 10th floor and it looked over to the Brown Palace Hotel which looked more historical than the building we were in. We went downstairs and the breakfast was decent. My only complaint there was they ran out of eggs and it never was refilled the whole 30 minutes we were down there. I then went over to the desk to tell them about the stains on the carpet the young lady at the desk was very nice and I emailed her the photo I took with my phone and she said it would be taken care of right away, and I could move if I wanted. I said no I was checking out in about 15 minutes. Upstairs to pack and then check out was easy, and they called valet, valet was there within a minute and gave us directions to the hospital! All in all I think everything was OK but not worth staying again... I think the cleaniness of the rooms is an area this hotel needs to work on! We noticed several things that could of easily been avoiding if the housekeeping would pay more attention to detail. Hair on the sink, top of TV cabinet dusty, window seal a little dusty! I think I pick hotels apart since I work for one however I expect the best when I stay no matter the rate! We will be back in June but I think we will stay at the Marriott!

Room Tip: Higher floors are better for the view. This hotel has 22 floors!!!
Dear 1234travel1234,
Thank you for your review. Some travelers get confused by the many one way streets that surround the hotel. If you are using GPS on your handheld device, we suggest using the address of 1717 Tremont Place, Denver, CO 80202 in order to easily find the hotel's front door.

We would be honored to talk to you further about your experience and honored to see you return.

Regards,
bellwood@comfortinndowntown.com
Carrboro, North Carolina
Reviewed May 20, 2013

This downtown Denver budget hotel cost me $200/night with average rooms. It is situated in an area where there is.lots to do and see within walking distance -- shops (16th Street Mall), eateries, multiple Starbucks, History Museum, Art Museum, City Park, etc. Professional staff. Free wireless. Business center is complimentary. Breakfast is located in a room the size of my shoe closet and the offerings were not appealing to me. There is a very nice local restaurant across the street that has egg white omelets and it wasn't pricey either. Would I recommend this hotel to others? Nuh-uh.

UK
Reviewed May 19, 2013 via mobile

Stayed May 2013 for work. Great location near 16th street mall with lots of bars, restaurants, shops etc.

The rooms are a decent size and clean. Everything else is shoddy though. Intermittent wifi, no real milk at breakfast, non dairy creamer in rooms, bad coffee at breakfast. The decor looks like the inside of someone's colon.

Other than that it's lovely :-)

• Stayed May 2013
DenverComfortInn, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Denver Downtown, responded to this review, May 20, 2013
Dear Flaston,

Thank you for your willingness to share your comments regarding your stay here at the Comfort Inn Downtown. I find it regrettable that you experienced problems with the internet and did not approve of the rooms decor. I am pleased you enjoyed the city as a result of our favorable location.

We would be most pleased to hear from you personally to discuss potential areas we may approve upon. We truly value your business and are committed to your satisfaction.

bellwood@denvercomfortinn.com

No car is necessary! Here are the top ten things to do within a short walk from our location:
1) Promenade over to the historic Brown Palace Hotel and Spa (.5 blocks)
2) Step out the door to the 16th street pedestrian mall and 1.5 miles of restaurants and shops (1 Block)
3) Stroll over to the State Capital building (5 blocks)
4) Meander through the Denver Art Museum or Clyfford Still Museum (5 blocks)
5) Stride to the Denver Convention Center (5 blocks)
6) Saunter to the History Colorado Center (6 blocks)
7) Stumble upon a Colorado Rockies Baseball Game (10 blocks)
8) Ramble in safety about the city center
9) Strut to the US MInt (6 blocks)
10) Sashay to the Denver Performing Arts Complex (6 blocks)
Wakefield, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 8, 2013

Great location but strange updating of bathrooms! They have changed traditional solid doors for opaque glass sliding doors, which leaves a 1/2 inch gap around the programme and no privacy whatsoever. We did complain and was offered another room which we took.

Complimentary breakfast is a nice start to the day with plenty choice.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Hotel is in a great location for downtown activities! While it is by no means a elegant hotel for the price it is fitting! We stayed their because our event was downtown! Location and price were nice and our actual time in the hotel was minimal! The staff was wonderful, which made up for the flaws of the hotel! Would have liked to see the rooms cleaner! That was probably our biggest complaint!

• Stayed March 2013
Houston, TX
Reviewed May 7, 2013

The hotel has decent rooms for a fair price for a downtown location. The location was strategically located. Many places to eat and shop were within walking distance. My only beefs were that the climate control system took forever to respond to a thermostat change (probably needed maintenance) and the towels were pretty thin. The room interior had recently been remodeled and it was nice. We had a high floor (recommend) so the street noise was minimal. The breakfast in the morning reminded me of hospital food but it was free and you had enough variety to find something palatable. I highly recommend crossing over to the Brown Palace Hotel via the skybridge and indulging in their breakfast. It will cost you but you will enjoy it. All and all I would stay here again.

Room Tip: High floor
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family