“Good location near 16th Street Mall”

Holiday Inn Express Denver Downtown
Ranked #73 of 158 Hotels in Denver
Reviewed April 30, 2013

Location was close to my work meetings, and the 16th Street Mall. Staff were friendly and accommodating. Breakfast was decent, but not fantastic. The bed was comfortable, but the bathroom was small and dated. My room was located at the end of a hallway, so I did not hear a lot of hallway noise, which I appreciated. This hotel offers various discounts at the Brown Palace Hotel next door, and there is a walkway on the second floor that connects the two buildings. All in all, the hotel is fine if you're staying for a night or two and want to be close to the 16th Street Mall.

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express Denver Downtown

Reviewed April 24, 2013

The Downtown Comfort Inn is only one and half blocks from the 16th Street Mall and is one of the cheaper downtown motels. My room was spotless, and I really liked it that it had a small couch to sit on to watch TV. That was wonderful. The bathroom had nice roomy walk-in shower and the view out my 15th floor room was fantastic of the city at night. The free breakfast was about the same as the Comfort Inn's I've stayed at. Nothing fancy but adequate and a nice variety of cereal, eggs, sausage, yogurt, etc. They also provide free copies of USA Today in the Lobby had a public computer. I will definitely stay here again.

Reviewed April 24, 2013

I arrived early morning in the middle of a snowstorm. Staff was extremely helpful and pleasant and in exchange for a double bed instead of a queen size bed, they gave me early check-in, on a high floor. The room was pleasant. The doors to the room were old, but were safe. During my three-night stay, staff was always visible and very helpful. The hair dryer to my room was set way back on the closet shelf, to where I did not see it. Upon calling the front desk, I had a hair dryer within 10 minutes. Internet connection, while free, dropped many times during my stay. The walk to the convention center was quick and easy. Breakfast was convenient and well stocked. I really appreciate the friendly staff, the location, the price, and the accommodations. Thanks! I highly recommend this hotel to anyone who needs a downtown Denver hotel.

Reviewed April 24, 2013

This was the worst hotel we stayed in during our 3 weeks in Denver and Vail, CO.

Staff at the front desk were professional and courteous, but the parking valet staff treated you worse than a nuisance if you weren't going to pay $28 extra per day to use their service. We walked past them a few times on the way to a car park a block away, and the staff didn't even acknowledge us. Staff in little cheap hotels in the suburbs we stayed in could teach these guys how to treat guests.

The room was crowded and poorly appointed: only a coffee maker, nothing else to prepare snacks, let alone meals. The fan in the ensuite ran continuously, 24h per day, and could not be switched off.

For what you pay (this was far more expensive than other hotels we used), this was very disappointing.

We stayed here because it was connected with the conference we attended at the Colorado Convention Center. I would hope that other hotels in the city were better than this, but you pay so much you have to wonder if it is worth it.

Room Tip: Avoid higher floors if you want to get from the lobby more quickly. We were on the top floor, and of...
1  Thank Hiflyer_au
Reviewed April 21, 2013 via mobile

We checked in at the last minute as work took us to Denver and found a very good weekend rate. It was about 55% more for Monday and Tuesday night. The corner rooms are really nice and scenic (the higher up the better). The non-corner rooms are a little small, but make sure to got a request a remodled room if no corner is available. The breakfast was standard, but sufficient. If you want a higher end breakfast, go across the street to the Brown Palace (their sister property their night clerk told me). VERY close to the 16th Street mall makes it well worth paying the pricey valet fee.

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed April 19, 2013 via mobile

I have stayed in Motel 6's that were better than hotel. Not to mention a ton cheaper. I will never stay at this hotel again!!!!!!! As a general rule I like staying at Comfort Inns. NOT THIS ONE!!!

I killed a roach and when the housekeepers come to service the room not only did they not clean it up, but when I called down to the front desk to ask for them to bring me clean towels and washcloths (yes, this was after housekeeping serviced my room for the day) part of the roach was still n the floor, the rear of it was on the floor towel that they had folded and put back on my freakin' tub!!! I asked them to change my linens on the bed and they flipped them over and put the same ones back on the bed.

UGH!!! When I called down to the front desk to tell them all this all they said was we are sorry, we will send housekeeping! That's it...crappy customer service!

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank TanyaJ101
DenverComfortInn, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Denver Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded April 21, 2013

Dear Tanya,

Thank you for your review. It pains us greatly to hear that we did not create the memorable experience we strive for. I sincerely await you to contact me personally so we may find out where we may focus our training efforts and correct the opportunities you noted. We are vigorous in maintaining the cleanliness our rooms and building our staff service through ongoing training and prevention programs. Our staff works tirelessly to ensure the quality and value of our product is far superior than any other hotel option. I look forward to speaking with you so we may show how we value your business and the unmatched level of our commitment to your satisfaction.

Brandt Ellwood
bellwood@denvercomfortinn.com

Reviewed April 13, 2013

This hotel is an older property but very comfortable. I was blessed with a corner room and really enjoyed working several hours from the desk with a 180 degree view. Free wifi was a plus but I couldn't connect after 9 pm. The bed was really comfortable and I slept great dispute the noise from the street. The bathroom could use a new tile job but was clean and adequate. The free breakfast was pretty standard fare but convenient to have before going off to my meeting. I did use the gym and they have great equipment - better than most hotels. I would return here again if I can get a corner room.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
DenverComfortInn, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Denver Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded April 14, 2013

Dear Djkbwilson,

Thank you for extending your comments about your recent stay with us. I am pleased you enjoyed your corner king room and pleased you took advantage of the complementary fitness center and complementary breakfast. We look forward to your return to downtown Denver.

Brandt Ellwood