Holiday Inn Express Denver Downtown
Crowne Plaza Denver(Denver)(Great Value!)
$113
$161
Kimpton
$119
  • Breakfast included
Hyatt Place Denver/Cherry Creek(Denver)(Great Value!)
$134
  • Room Service
$412
$301
  • Pool
Grand Hyatt Denver Downtown(Denver)(Great Value!)
$318
$274
$229
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewscomfort innbrown palacestreet mallcorner roomsister propertyyogurtvalet parkingrooms are smallfree breakfastconvention centerexcellent locationwithin walking distancewould stay here againbars and restaurantsfew blocksfront desk staffrockies game
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 27, 2012

I stayed here for one night in July 2012. The first room I was allocated was not ready when I entered the room which had remnants of the previous occupier evident. I called the front desk and I had to go all the way back down to the lobby with all my luggage to get a key to another room then all the way back up to another room, once again with all my luggage (and no offer of assistance). The room was small and there was a smell of sewerage coming from the bathroom every now and then. As my stay was just for one night, I closed the bathroom door instead of asking to change rooms once again. The beds are very firm and the pillows are quite small and way too soft. There was also a noise coming from the air-conditioning unit throughout the night. Hence, I didn't sleep very well that night. This place is in dire need of a refurbishment. The staff at the front desk always appeared stressed and not very happy. Overall I was disappointed with my stay here.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Mike R
ComfortDenverFD, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Denver Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2012

Mr Stooch,
I am grateful for your comments regarding your stay with us. I am pleased to tell you that we are in the midst of upgrading all of our rooms to meet your distinguished requirements. I respectfully request you contact me personally so that I may hear more of your suggestions so that I may pass on the information to our design team.

Brandt Ellwood
Bellwood@brownpalace.com

Reviewed July 25, 2012

- The room was very clean, but small. I had a room with two double beds in it and there was not enough room to walk on both sides of the bed, only down the middle of the two. Depending on how much room you need, this could be an issue.
- The bathroom, however, was very spacious and bigger than the average hotel bathroom, also very clean.
- The hotel had a free breakfast which included hot & cold foods, such as a waffle maker, a selection of yogurts, cold cereals.
- The hotel has no swimming pool.
- Centrally located hotel, within walking distance to the 16th street pedestrian mall, the state capitol, art museum, and other local city attractions.

Room Tip: Rooms are small, so an upgrade to a larger suite may be worth the money.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank travelgirl315
Reviewed July 18, 2012

I stayed here in April while attending a convention at the Denver Convention Center. The Comfort Inn was one of the few hotels offering government rates for convention attendees so I tried it.

It was an easy walk from Comfort Inn Downtown (CID) to the DCC and to many restaurants and bars in the neighborhood. But the best thing about the location was that it was literally across the street from the historic Brown Palace Hotel, a Denver landmark. I enjoyed dinner at Brown's informal restaurant one night and had a drink and watched the NBA playoffs there on another evening. There is no lobby bar in the CID.

I agree with an earlier poster about the cramped breakfast space. Content-wise the breakfast was fine--eggs, potatoes, sausage for hot-breakfast types and fruit, yogurt, toast, and breads for lighter eaters. But they need to find a way to expand the dining area. This is a pretty large hotel and the space to sit to eat is miniscule. Add in people's luggage and possessions when they're checking out and you've got kind of a mess on your hands.

My room was fine, but not exceptional. The bathroom left something to be desired; it was tiny and awkwardly arranged. Specifically, the bathroom shelf where one might expect to put toiletries was too narrow and had been cut/angled to accommodate the toilet. It worked out because I was traveling alone, but I expect it would be more difficult for a couple.

Service was satisfactory to good. I got the impression that they needed more front desk staff. The staff who were there were very helpful but spread too thin. The front desk person very kindly locked away my bag for the day so I could check out and attend the last day of the convention.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Classpiano2002
Reviewed July 15, 2012

Here on business. I come down for breakfast at 0700 on a Sunday and there is no room to sit.

I'd say that there were no more than 40 seats for a hotel with 18 floors.

Disgraceful.

• Stayed: July 2012
3  Thank chris_db
ComfortDenverFD, Guest Service Agent at Holiday Inn Express Denver Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2012

Dear chris_db,
Words cannot express our appreciation to you for taking the time to share your thoughts on your stay. Your words of both advice and commendation are of great encouragement to us.

We are thrilled to offer our guests a free american style breakfast, complete with waffles, fresh fruit, pastries and other traditional and enjoyable items. While our breakfast dining room carries some limitations in terms of size, we invite our guests to enjoy their free morning meal in our comfortable lobby area.

The staff at Comfort Inn has truly enjoyed the opportunity to accommodate you during your brief visit to Denver and we would appreciate the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

John Berry
Guest Service Agent

Reviewed July 8, 2012

We spent 9 days here in July 2012 and thus got to know the hotel fairly well, wrinkles and all!

Best parts: very convenient location, rooms designed and laid out well (very functional and modern with ample space for clothes, luggage); excellent breakfast fare; superb gym (very clean, very professional equipment); responsible policy on changing linens (new linen only every 3 days unless you ask for more frequent changes); staff very friendly and responsive.

Wrinkles: wireless connection extremely spotty--only worked when sitting on bed farthest from the desk and even then flickered on/off! Staff thought the problem was the router and promised to reset, but if they did (we were never told), there was no difference throughout the week. Problems also with the self-serve coffee maker in the room--we had to ask for coffee and creamers to be sent up to room at least 5 of the 9 days. Housekeeping seemed to neglect replacing our coffee service daily. One morning in fact, we found the previous morning's wet coffee grounds still in the machine (yech!). Next, despite responsible linen service, the housekeeping staff didn't always get it right, twice not changing linens when requested. Finally, A/C in our corner room with huge windows to the sun had trouble keeping room cool in daytime (but not serious since we spent the days elsewhere).

These were vexing problems, to be sure, but to be honest, they were not overwhelming. We will probably stay there again when we return to Denver.

Room Tip: Get a corner room. Nice view overlooking streets of Denver.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family