“Valet Parking was a nightmare”

Holiday Inn Express Denver Downtown
Ranked #72 of 159 Hotels in Denver
Reviewed July 5, 2011

My husband, I and our 2 young children stayed here for a wedding reception, just for one night. They only have valet parking which we did not like and it was $20. The hotel room were very small, no microwave or refrigerator. When we checked out of our hotel and waiting for our car to arrive, we noticed it was taking a long time. When our car did arrive there was white sandy coating on the whole car. We couldn't even see out the windows. So my husband asked the valet guy what happend to our car, and all he said was- "oh it wasn't like that?" So the manager of the valet came over with some lime away cleaner and windex and they started cleaning off the car. Well it wasn't working, so the manager gave us a free car wash to take care of it. It took forever to find the car wash place, but when the manager looked at our car he said it was "cement run off" and we would have to get our car detailed and a regular car wash wouldn't take care of it!! So we had cement all over our car! Were very irritated. The parking company did pay for our car to be detailed but we had to wait an hour for it to be done. After all of that, there still was cement on our car. My husband called the valet manager and told him not all the cement came off the car, and the manager said to come back to the hotel to get money and go get cleaning products ourselves!! It was terrible experience. Never again will we stay here

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family

Reviewed June 27, 2011

I stayed at the Comfort Inn Downtown while I was in Denver for a conference. I was impressed with the room and the service and enjoyed the convenience of the downtown location. The inn is located just one block from the pedestrian mall and is an easy walk to the convention center (even shorter if you hop on the free mall shuttle). It is also easy to catch the bus to further destinations.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed June 26, 2011

Our stay was highlighted by fantastic staff. We had booked a queen room, but asked if we could switch for a king. Not only did we get a king at no additional charge we asked for a good view and got a corner room on the top (22nd) floor. The views of the city were fantastic. The room was beautiful with a very comfortable bed. We will definately be back. I actually thought the room and value were better than the Brown Place, opposite. They share the same owners and are both great hotels. We just prefered the modern upgrades they've recently done at the Comfort Inn. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 22, 2011

I stayed here for two nights at the start of my holiday tour of Canyons and National Parks and found it to be a good start. The only complaint I could make was about the noise of the guests in the room next to mine returning to their room at 1:00 am. This had nothing to do with the hotel and was the fault of loud, rude inconsiderate guests. I hope they read this review, recognize themselves and try to be more considerate to other guests.

I have given this a mid range rating for value as I dont know the cost as it was a package deal.

• Stayed: May 2011
Reviewed May 7, 2011

I tried to ask if they would allow our neutered and declawed cat (cats neutered before puberty don't spray) and they wouldn't even return my calls! I called the manager and left message after message, he had underling staff call me back. The assistant manager was very unwilling to answer why they have the "no cats ever" policy and despite me offering proof of the cat's neutering and recommendations from other hotels we had brought him to, (proof that he doesn't spray or damage anything), they would not return my calls. Horribly arrogant staff and manager. I don't recommend this hotel to ANYONE but especially not to pet lovers.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
ComfortDenverFD, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Denver Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded March 23, 2012

Dear Carecare- Thank you for taking the time to inquire about our pet policy. Though we would like to open our doors to all your family's pets, we only accept dogs for a $50.00 non refundable pet fee.

Reviewed April 26, 2011

After driving almost half way across the country we made our destination in Denver for some fun , real food and comfort. We walked in and it smelled like cookies, very inviting. The front desk mentioned that we were getting a newly renovated bathroom and that we would love it ! I went to take a shower and stood in it freezing with ice cold water waiting for it to warm and to cold to flee. After 10 min I opted for Luke warm water just to get it over with. My partner then had to also take a cold shower and stand in my dirty water as it would not drain any water what so ever. The shower was then cut even shorter because it started to over flow. I called down to the front desk and politely explained and all that she offered was to send a technician into our room. I explained that the last thing we wanted was an employee in our room and asked if we could switch and was told we could not. That night we returned from dinner and called room service and once again received the front desk as "room service was busy" and they would call back. Two calls and an hour later the front desk said they had confirmed they would call us back and finally connected us after an hour. In the morning I took a 1 min ice cold shower and it still did not ever warm and overflowed into the bathroom. Upon checkout they asked how our stay was and we explained and they gave very little understanding and we paid full price for a non working bathroom. I might also mention that the toilet had fragments that lingered in the bottom even after multiple flushes. I would NEVER stay here again and after reading the other reviews about all of the issues I would not suggest anyone else to stay there either.

• Stayed: April 2011
2  Thank worldtravelerblw
Reviewed March 16, 2011

The rooms are small, but the price is fair and they are clean. Also, there is a good breakfast for free. The location is excellent.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled on business