“Okay for basic accommodations”

Super 8 Denver Stapleton
Ranked #116 of 160 Hotels in Denver
Reviewed September 30, 2013

Arrived after dark, lots of men hanging around in parking lot which made me much more vigilant, as a single female traveler. Front desk clerk announced my room number, which really did not make me happy. That's Hotel Clerking 101 not to do that. Did not have the reserved room type available, only some of the lights worked,and no hot water in room. Asked to change rooms next day, and got a king room with a small kitchenette, and hot water! Stayed several days while in town on business. Clientele was largely blue collar male workers, but I had no problems, and hotel stay was uneventful. Breakfast room had signs posted that you couldn't take breakfast to your room; something I prefer to do so I can multi task. Seemed like a rule your mother would make when you are a teenager.
Hickey on hotel clerk's neck was really professional looking, (lol) followed by her replacement who looked like she'd been beaten up. Hotel has very little lighting in parking lot, which is unsettling with the amount of foot traffic that was always present at night. Carried my pepper spray for the first time ever.

1  Thank coloraska

Reviewed September 30, 2013

read reviews and this hotel and area was questionable- I found it safe and there was a lot to do around it (across the street was a mall) and many food options.. public transportation is nearby and there was no need to drive into further into the city= this saved me $ 15 in parking cost-- bed was great and room was clean.. front desk staff was helpful and polite...

Reviewed September 29, 2013

It needs to be totally renovated or torn down. We were afraid to shower in the tub because It didn't look clean. The carpet was worn and dirty and the furniture was damaged. The sheets and towels were dingy and worn. We worried about the security of our car due to poor exterior lighting.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Judith C
Reviewed September 22, 2013

I had reservations with a confirmation number, due to flooding in the area I had to cancel one of my three nights. The motel clerk informed me that this would not be an issue.

The next evening my husband and I called to confirm that we were indeed still coming, and that we would be arriving very late, after 1:00 am, The clerk stated this was fine and that they had no issues with late arrivals. When we arrived at the motel the clerk, who said his name was Alex, stated that my reservation had been cancelled, then when I provided him my confirmation number he "found" my confirmation, but still had no room for me! He did offer a room which another patron had complained about as being "dirty", and gave me a pass key to go look. As it was now 1:15 am I looked......it was filthy, none of the lamps worked, the TV did not come on. I didn't venture into the bedroom, but the beds were horribly made. In the hallway you could hear people yelling and screaming. My husband was in the car and saw nefarious looking people meandering all over the parking lot.

The clerk did nothing to help me! We were stranded without a room. We called all the hotels we could but everyone was booked due to the flooding and a concert.

Eventually we called the Super 8 in Centennial who called around and found a room at the Super 8 in Parker, CO. She was a true lifesaver. Save yourself the hassle and drive the 20 minutes to Parker!!!! DO NOT STAY in this hotel!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank annesion
Reviewed September 17, 2013

The room was fine as usual but the shower was hot and cold at night, I can understand during the day when house keeping is doing there thing but not at night!!!

Reviewed September 12, 2013