“Nice Location but Did Not Wow Me”

Sheraton Denver Downtown Hotel
Ranked #65 of 161 Hotels in Denver
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed July 22, 2014

I stayed here 3 nights for a business trip and it was okay. Perfect location for where I needed to be just a walk across the street for my work, however I guess I expected a lot more from the Sheraton just from the past Sheratons I've stayed at but this one did not do it for me. The Staff was very nice and very helpful for any questions I had which was nice. I will say some of the hotel is a bit outdated. I was in the tower and no easy way to really get there from the front desk. I will say the room service was very fast and the food was hot considering how large of a hotel it is. The staff that was there for room service were very friendly. I like that the Yard House is attached, nice restaurant and you don't need to go outside which is nice. There is a Starbucks right across the street as well which is nice if you like Starbucks. I will say the bed was very comfortable which is always plus and the pillows are were good too and very quiet which is huge plus when traveling for business and it being such a big hotel. One thing to note and remember it is an older hotel it appears that they did update as much as they could but not 100%. The wireless was not very good it did not always work which was an issue. The location was perfect with lots of resturants around and shopping but was not overwhelmed.

Room Tip: The Tower is quiet not in the main area but it is a bit further way from the main lobby but not as b...
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (2,529)

Reviewed July 22, 2014

Staff was friendly, and happily resolved an issue regarding an erroneous parking charge. Great location. Sign up for the rewards program, and spring for the Members Lounge. Great free food and drink 24/7. Super comfy beds and pillows. Pet Friendly!

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the Capitol building.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 22, 2014

Really great location on 16th St. next to Denver Pavilion and close to many other attractions, but it is expensive especially with the nickel-and-diming you get...$10 for wi-fi, $27/day to self-park, $5 coffee in the lobby shop. Thank goodness I was on company business. Beautiful fitness center with plenty of equipment. Plenty of food spots in close walking distance. 16th St. had a few panhandlers by the way.

Room Tip: Stay in the plaza side building..the tower side building is sort of dated and the rooms are smaller
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed July 21, 2014

I wasn't going to write a review because I didn't have anything great or not so great to say about the room. I stayed in the 2nd tower and just felt like there was no reason for me to return because for the rate I felt like other places downtown had much more to offer. The pool was very nice. The main reason for my review is that I was so disappointed in the breakfast. They offer a buffet style breakfast for $ 18.00 or something.... not sure of the exact price, but it's the same as what you would get at any other place - complimentary. It was a holiday & I was hoping for a bloody mary or mimosa at breakfast, the server acted as if he had never been asked this question before & said he would get approval from the manager. I declined.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Yolanda K
Reviewed July 20, 2014

The staff was friendly and helpful, but the room I had was not up to the standards for a Sheraton, or any other top tier hotel. The room was very tiny. The water would not heat up above luke warm. I booked a room months in advance and had to pay a nonrefundable deposit of one night in order to make a reservation. Finding a meeting room is somewhat difficult, as the conference center is not very well marked. Numerous others at the conference I attended made that same comment. Although I am a member of the Starwood Preferred Guest program, if I have a choice I will be choosing a different hotel when I travel to downtown Denver in the future.

Room Tip: Try to avoid the rooms with an entrance in the elevator lobby.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
Chuck S, Manager at Sheraton Denver Downtown Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2014

Dear Tim T,
Thank you for providing us with feedback so that we can improve. I am so sorry that your room was smaller than your needs. We are the largest hotel in the state of Colorado with over 1200 guest rooms. As a result, we have the unique opportunity to offer many different sizes and layouts to our customers so please let us know when you next plan to visit Denver and we will work with you to determine the very best room to meet your expectations.
Chuck Schuringa
Hotel Manager

Reviewed July 19, 2014

I just needed a nice place to stay for one night. Ideal choice: great location, nice rooms and amenities, fun "lobby" bar and friendly staff. Would stay here again. I didn't venture out of the hotel much but the street on which it's located looked promising for nighttime activities.

Room Tip: As high as possible
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed July 18, 2014 via mobile

Maybe because I got in right after staying in some dumps in LA, this hotel is pretty decent. The rooms are nice with lots of windows, the food is good (although a little bland), and the hotel staff are nice.

The only bad thing was that our conference room was freezing. We called the front desk and told our conference room reps about it multiple times, but it took them forever to send someone to turn the damn heat up! All in all though, it was a good experience.

Stayed: July 2014