“Convenient location, nice room if there were only one guest”

Sheraton Denver Downtown Hotel
Ranked #64 of 157 Hotels in Denver
GreenLeadersSilver level
Vail, Colorado
“Convenient location, nice room if there were only one guest”
Reviewed April 6, 2014

Our room looked beautiful, was spacious and had attractive decor. It was quiet and should have provided a good night's sleep - but the pillows were horrible - they provided no support and they left me with a stiff neck. There's one lamp situated between the two beds. No light for reading if that isn't "your side of the bed". The bathroom was large and spotless but there was no way to find it in the dark unless you'd remembered to bring a nightlight or headlamp. Room was obviously designed for a traveling business person who could use the one light and turn it on if they needed to get up during the night. Parking was $27 per night and the spaces were tiny and crammed together - a tight fit if you are driving a larger car or SUV. On 16th Street Mall so lots of restaurants nearby.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that looks out on the city!
Green Features: There was a recycle container in the room, and they offered incentives to reuse towels etc but we were only there one night.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (580)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed April 6, 2014

Have you ever stayed in a hotel with undersized and unfitted sheets? Welcome to the Sheraton. Prepare to spend the night wrestling with wayward linens. In case that sounds petty, let's talk more. The view out our window is a "sculpture" surrounded by concrete reminiscent of a gulag (see picture below). The architect may have also been the interior designer of said gulag given the rat maze interiors of the plaza and tower structures of the Sheraton. Damp, dank, dark, windowless. I considered suicide. Joke. Sort of. Service mirrored structure. Placid, uninspired, but smiley. I'm all for freedom of weed, but maybe it has gone too far here. They clearly see an alternative reality.

Room Tip: avoid "conference rate." they give you rooms with killer, as in you might become one, view...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank T-Rex16
Chuck S, Manager at Sheraton Denver Downtown Hotel, responded to this review, April 12, 2014
Dear Tamara L,
Thank you for letting us know your thoughts regarding our hotel. I am sorry that you didn’t enjoy the décor and other amenities of the hotel. As we are the largest hotel in the City of Denver with two separate buildings occupying two city blocks, we can offer other rooms with other views should you wish. Please let us know when you make your reservation with us the next time and we would be happy to secure a Mountain View or city view. Please send me a note should you wish to connect with me further: chuck.schuringa@sheraton.com
Chuck Schuringa
Hotel Manager

Travelers are raving about these Denver hotels

New Castle, Colorado
Reviewed April 6, 2014

Stayed one night in the Tower on the 18th floor. Room was a small shoebox for a 4 star hotel. Bathroom was tiny and outdated with dirty tile walls in the shower, no refrigerator, maid walked in 15 minutes after we arrived (knocked once and before we could answer she was in the room) and my husband was not completely dressed. She said something about water but had towels in her hand? We told her there were 3 bottles of complimentary water already in the room. No Do Not Disturb hanger to put on door. Bed was ok but the room was so small. I'm glad we only had to stay one night. I booked a room for our friends-same deal, same night and they got a large, nicer, newer room. The room was hot even though we put on the A/C. I told the front desk that I was a SPG and had my card but they said it did not apply as we got a deal from Priceline. I am so glad we did not pay full price! Next time I will book at the Westin as it is indeed a 4 star hotel. The valet parking was $37 and to park yourself in the garage it was $27.

Room Tip: Avoid the Tower and stay on the other side of the hotel if possible. I think it's newer. It'...
Green Features: Did not see any advertising. No towel re-use program was advertised in my room. Not that it mattered as we were only staying one night.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Fana B, General Manager at Sheraton Denver Downtown Hotel, responded to this review, April 14, 2014
Dear Blazersmom,
Thank you for your stay with us. I am so sorry about all the inconveniences you experienced. We would love the opportunity to leave you with a better experience in the future.
Dickinson, Texas, USA
Reviewed April 6, 2014

Stayed in room 1017 that has zero signal strength for the Wifi even though we paid 45 bucks for it over 3 days. Total rip off.

The hotels in an excellent location and should have to rip folks off got wifi that only works in the hallway.

• Stayed April 2014
Dear Darren B,
I apologize for the issues with the WIFI. I hope you were able to let our front desk know about your issues as we would have been happy to address them.
Hagerstown, Maryland
Reviewed April 3, 2014

This is the last day I'm staying at the Sheraton Denver Downtown Hotel - here for 5 nights for a business trip. For marking themselves as a luxury hotel with rather expensive rates (which I'm glad I didn't personally pay for), I think they are lacking. First, let me start off with the good:

- Great location, right on the 16th Street Mall. You can take the free bus up and down the strip.
- Their "green" program is pretty sweet - in exchange for not having a cleaning person come into your room everyday to change the towels and make the bed, you are offered a $5 voucher that can be used at one of the restaurants downstairs or in exchange for Starwood Points.
- I'm here for a conference and the convenience of the conference being in the hotel is great. Also, all of the staff working the large conference has great customer service and are attentive. The facilities for this type of venue are good.
- I stayed on the 19th floor in the Tower suites, and it has a great view.
- Had a room safe, which I like.

Now for the not so great:

- My room happens to be particularly small. If there was two of us in here, it would be a crowd.
- THERE IS NO REFRIGERATOR! Paying this kind of money, I find this ridiculous. There were many large meals that I had over the course of my stay that I couldn't get wrapped up to take back to my room because there was no where to put it.
- The first night in my room, I stepped on something crunchy under my feet in the bathroom. It was late and I figured it was dirt. The next morning in the light I could see that it was actually BROKEN GLASS. I called down to the front desk and they did have someone come and clean it up, but this shouldn't have ever happened. I suppose they are not sweeping or mopping their bathroom floors in between guests? Gross.
- The water shower pressure was so incredibly low. It took me way longer than normal to wash my hair, which felt like a waste of water.
- There were only 3 small drawers to put clothes in, and the drawer was located in the closet. I thought this was weird, and if there were 2 people staying in the room we would have ran out of space.

It wasn't the worst hotel I've ever stayed in, but for the expense and the way they are branding themselves, it could have and should have been better.

Room Tip: Higher floors have a great view
Green Features: Their green initiative program is excellent - you get $5 vouchers which can be used in the restaurants downstairs if you choose to participate in the program.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank Jen O
Dear Jen O,
Thank you for your omments. First of all we appreciate the feedback we receive from our guest as it aids us in improving upon our processes in connecting with our guest. I do apologize for the inconveniences you experienced in your guest room. We do have larger guestrooms available to accommodate two people should you stay with us in the future our front desk would be happy to arrange as well as a refrigerator. We are pleased that you did enjoy the MAGC program and our location.
Turku, Finland
Reviewed April 1, 2014

Stayed for 5 nights in the Tower. The location of this hotel is optimal within walking distance from the convention center and many of the attractions and shopping in downtown. My room was spacious, clean and quiet and bed was comfortable. Buffet breakfast was good and the staff were very friendly and helpful. I can truly recommend this hotel if you need to stay in Denver.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Fana B, General Manager at Sheraton Denver Downtown Hotel, responded to this review, April 11, 2014
Dear Ve8,
Thank you for your stay with us and your recommendation of our property. We are happy that you had an enjoyable experience and hope you will visit us again in the future.
Rogers, Arkansas, United States
Reviewed March 31, 2014

Stayed here for a couple nights on business/personal. Hotel has luxury feel and is conveniently located downtown. We were able to walk everywhere to eat. Also ate a couple times in hotel and had great food and service. Free Wi-Fi also a bonus along w the great Sheraton beds. The rooms were very clean and you can take advantage of their 'green' campaign by re-using your towels. Typical to most downtown hotels you will need to valet or self park which still costs about $17 daily. They had a nice pool area for sunbathing and an exercise room that was nice. I like to run outside and there were plenty of people that run throughout the downtown area. I would stay here again and I would recommend this hotel to anyone wanting to stay in Denver. From business to personal to weddings they seemed to be equipped to make all happy!

Room Tip: If you want to experience the awesome views make sure you ask for one of the higher rooms.
Green Features: Loved this! I made sure to hang my GREEN tag and reused towels.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Chuck S, General Manager at Sheraton Denver Downtown Hotel, responded to this review, April 4, 2014
Dear Mark B,
Thank you for your sharing your experience with us. We appreciate when our guest leave us with a smile and want to come back. Our goal is to make our guest feel comfortable while they are away from home. We look forward to your next visit with us.