“Enjoyed Our Stay”

Sheraton Denver Downtown Hotel
Ranked #64 of 159 Hotels in Denver
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed January 21, 2014

We had a good experience at the Sheraton Denver Downtown. Great last minute deal. It would be hard to find a hotel of this quality at this price in any major city. The location is excellent! We stepped out the door onto the 16th Street Mall which has a free shuttle. You have access to so much of what this city has to offer. Museums, dining, nightlife, sports, shopping. I love the city and Denver is one of the best.

We are SPG members so were upgraded to a room in the tower. Our room though small, was very comfortable. It looked remodeled. Everything was in working order and got a great night's sleep on a good bed.

The staff was friendly and helpful. We ate in two restaurants on the property. One was part of a chain - good, predictable food. The other was the hotel's restaurant. We had breakfast which was pricey and not very good. I would recommend heading down the street to some other spot.

We did not use the gym, but did check it out. Clean facility, lots of equipment and a view of the street. Good place to people watch while you're getting a workout:)

I would definitely stay here again and am looking forward to another weekend getaway to Denver.

Room Tip: I probably helps to be an SPG member to get an upgraded room.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Chuck S, General Manager at Sheraton Denver Downtown Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2014

Dear Rebecca T,
Thank you for your recent stay with us and for sharing your experience. We appreciate so much the feedback of our guests. We are looking forward to your next getaway to Denver and the Sheraton Denver Downtown.

Reviewed January 21, 2014

Average, standard rooms with no mini-fridges or microwaves. The bed was very comfortable though. Good location at a reasonable price. Once you are there you can walk everywhere and it is close to public transportation. The parking fee was exorbitant though, $27 for 24 hours.

Dear MrsLoveshark,
Thank you for your recent stay with us. I am pleased to hear that you were comfortable in the Sheraton Sweet Sleeper Bed. Although we do not provide mini-fridges or microwaves as a standard practice we do have them available upon request. We are fortunate to be conveniently located in the heart of Downtown Denver and steps away from the 16th Street Pedestrian Mall where there is access to the free mall shuttle ride. We look forward to your future stay.

Reviewed January 18, 2014

This hotel has a great location downtown, but it's downhill from there. The guts of the hotel are old and it shows. Hot water for showers is inconsistent in the morning. The cost for what you get just doesn't add up for this hotel, especially when there are so many viable options in the surrounding area.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Chuck S, Manager at Sheraton Denver Downtown Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2014

Dear Bryan B,
Thank you for the feedback. I agree with you, we have the best location of any of the downtown hotels in Denver, located directly on the famous 16th Street mall and nearby many restaurants and the Denver Art Museum and Colorado History Museum as well as the State Capital. I am sorry that your experience here was not a positive one. With our recent renovation, it appears that perhaps your room was not properly prepared for your arrival. I am sorry this happened. If you would like to connect with me directly so I can apologize personally, please send me your contact information to chuck.schuringa@sheraton.com and I will contact you directly.
Chuck Schuringa
Hotel Manager

Reviewed January 18, 2014

I've stayed at this hotel numerous times based on it's price and location. If you find a deal on the internet you will probably get a room in the aging I.M. Pei Tower. There are nice views available in certain rooms and a pool in that section of the hotel. On my last visit, I noticed wallpaper peeling off the wall and a broken mirror in the room. Our room was tiny, the bathroom was like an airplane bathroom with a shower. There was no mini fridge, so we had to fill the sink with ice to keep our beverages cold. The staff was nice enough, but the only time we really saw them was at the front desk. I'll likely stay there again if it is my only option.

Room Tip: Ask for an outer facing room. Complain if your room is too small.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Chuck S, General Manager at Sheraton Denver Downtown Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 20, 2014

Dear yogurt777,
Thank you for making us your choice of stay. We value our guest and strive to make your stay as comfortable as possible while you are with us. The views can be breathtaking from our guest rooms, particularly when facing the mountains. I am sorry to hear you were in a room with some issues, I hope you had the opportunity to bring that to our front desk attention so we can address them, as well I will be following up with the respective department. Although we do not have mini fridges in our guest rooms one can be requested for your convenience. I am so pleased to know that your interaction with our front desk staff was a pleasant experience.

Tony Dunn, General Manger

Reviewed January 15, 2014

We made last minute reservations and stayed because of weather and traffic. We wanted to be downtown and are thankful we stayed here. The staff, I felt went above and beyond from check in (Aaron-thank you) to the bus boy, to the staff we met in the hall that just said hi and to enjoy our stay. One staff member said to please call the front desk if we needed anything.Clean and well kept. I would defiantly stay there again. Great location and close to everything you need to make it a fun stay. Thank you all at the Sheraton on making what could have been a stressful night in Denver that we didn't plan to one of the best nights of our trip.

Room Tip: Great views.

Dear Ron R,
Thank you so much for your kind comments. We receive many comments online and appreciate so much when a guest takes the time to share their wonderful experience. Sometimes the last minute choices we make turn out to be GREAT ones as you stated. We take pride in our staff upholding the service level standard we have set. We look forward to your future "planned" stay to be as pleasant or an even better experience.

Reviewed January 15, 2014

Room was too small,
Bathroom was definitely too small only mirror was in bathroom, that is hard when bathroom is being used and you need to get dressed. Computers in club lounge hard to figure out and when called for help no one came to assist. Resturants were good loved having yard house inside hotel.

• Stayed: January 2014

Dear Handballerdude,
Thank you for your recent stay with us. We are pleased to know you enjoyed our hotel restaurants. I apologize for no one responding to your request for help with club lounge computers. If your travels should bring you back to the Sheraton Denver Downtown we would be happy to find you a larger room that will accommodate your needs better.

Reviewed January 14, 2014

It is a lot of work to stay at this place. This was one of the worst hotels...all due to the lack of customer service. When I checked into the hotel, I was given a room with a really strong fragrance. I suspect that housekeeping sprayed some type of carpet deoderizer on the rug. I called downstairs to the front desk and asked that I be switched to another room. I requested that someone on the hotel staff come upstairs to the room and provide me with the new key because it's a bit of a trek downstairs to the main lobby. No one ever showed up so I had to haul my luggage downstairs and actually go through the registration process a second time. I wanted to order room service for breakfast, and the instructions in the book stated to call an extension and place the order. I called the number and was told that they do not accept telephone orders, to fill out the room service card and leave it on the door. The problem was that there was no room service card so I called back and asked for one to be delivered to my room. It never showed so I had to call a second time. The next day I came back to my room in the late afternoon and found a telephone message. I was informed that the fire alarm was not working on my floor and that I had to be moved to another room. Three rooms in a 24 hour period. I packed up and had to wait 30 minutes before someone arrived at my room with the new key. In the 3rd room, again there was no room service card so I had to call down again and request that it be brought to my room. Oh, and since I've now seen three rooms, I can also see the differences in what's available in the room in terms of complimentary bathroom amenities. I tried to be patient about all of this but finally decided to telephone Guest Services to complain. After I told the woman everything that I experienced, she informed me that I should notify a supervisor. I asked her, "why can't you notify the supervisior, I just told you what's been going on". I was finally informed that a supervisor would contact me to remedy the situation. We agreed that the supervisor would contact me at 9 pm. I'm still waiting for that telephone call. Later that evening, I met one of my co-workers for dinner. Her room was also on the 7th floor, and she was never notified that she had to move her room due to a non-functional fire alarm system on that floor.

3  Thank SingletonFamily

Dear SingletonFamily,
I sincerely apologize for your recent experience here at the Sheraton Denver. You definitely should not have been moved several times and had a much better arrival experience. I do also apologize that you were inconvenienced due to our testing of our fire alarm system. We were faced with having to move guests so we could test the system without disturbing our guests; I am sorry that this was done in a way you found offensive. I did connect with our Front Office leadership and they assured me they have been in conversations with you and have recognized your inconvenience. If this is not true, please send me a note to chuck.schuringa@sheraton.com with your contact information and I will call you to make the appropriate corrections.
Chuck Schuringa