“A nice location but I've had better rooms”

Sheraton Denver Downtown Hotel
Ranked #64 of 159 Hotels in Denver
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed October 24, 2013

The location of this hotel allows you the opportunity to enjoy many great restaurants, and while the hotel itself inside is nice, clean and roomy, my room itself was a but of a let down. It was crammed with so much stuff that is not needed, and the bathroom itself was dated and in need of an upgrade. The bed and bedding were perfect however the AC was horribly loud and again in need of upgrading. I can say that coming downtown I would stay here again, but hopefully sooner rather than later they put some money into the rooms because that is where most business travelers make their decision on coming back.

Room Tip: Try and get a view of the city facing the downtown or you will be looking down at nothing worthy of...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank wkrupa

Reviewed October 22, 2013

I attended a conference in Denver and the Sheraton was holding the conference. The room I had was in the tower portion of the hotel and the views were stunning. I was on the 20th floor and the room was very large and the bed was one of the most comfortable beds I have ever slept in at a hotel. The staff was very attentive and were very helpful. I would recommend this hotel but stay up high so you can see the awesome view!!

Room Tip: Choose a high floor!
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank 777Donna777
SheratonDenver, General Manager at Sheraton Denver Downtown Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2013

Dear 777Donna777,
We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your most recent business stay with us as well as our rest on our Sheraton Sweet Sleeper bed. We feel that a great night’s sleep is essential when traveling. We hope to welcome you back for business, or even a family vacation, in the future. Thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed October 21, 2013

We stayed in one of the rooms with a sleeper sofa in the I.M. Pei building part of the hotel. The room was really nice because it allowed for my friends to use the two (comfy) beds while I was around the corner in a little nook with the sleeper sofa (unfortunately, not as comfortable). This is perfect for small families or groups of friends, especially if you have a snorer like me hahaha. Also, they included a TV in each area and there were independent HVAC controls in each zone. The one big downside is the bathroom was TINY! So much so that they put a sign in it to acknowledge that fact with a bit of humor. Still, it was so small that I had to leave the room to put lotion on after my shower because I felt so cramped. My friend actually bumped her head on the counter while trying to dry her legs. It's odd because the room was otherwise really spacious, so there must be a structural reason for making such small bathrooms.
Anyway, the hotel did give good service overall, but we had to call a few times to some things we needed like the sofa bed turned down and extra towels. We did get club access on the 22nd floor and that was totally worth the extra fee for the breakfast, cocktail hour snacks and the views! Finally, the location was really wonderful being right off the 16th street mall. There are plenty of places to eat or get a drink in the direct vicinity, and you could always hop the free, frequent shuttle bus that runs up and down 16th street if you want to head somewhere else.
Overall, we were pretty pleased and I would likely stay here again if I'm ever back in Denver.

Room Tip: Check to see if some of their rooms have bigger bathrooms than the ones in the I.M. Pei building...y...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank MrsSmarts
SheratonDenver, General Manager at Sheraton Denver Downtown Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 25, 2013

Dear MrsSmarts,
Thank you for your feedback on your loyalty to the Sheraton Denver Downtown Hotel. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and the upgrade to the club lounge. We enjoy having a special area for our guests to unwind and enjoy beautiful views of Downtown Denver. We hope to welcome you back into our community again in the future.

Reviewed October 21, 2013

This hotel has perfect location in downtown Denver. Everything you need is within walking distance - nice Mall - 16th Street Mall (way cheaper than Cherry Creek, good stores), restaurants, bars, night clubs.....Perfect choice for a weekend in Denver. The rooms are spacious and clean. The bathrooms are also nice. Great service and amenities. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank mariya0504

Dear mariya0504,
Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed our positioning on the world famous 16th Street Pedestrian Mall. We feel that being close to the icons that make Denver the city that it is, our guests will get the best experience of the city we call home. We hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed October 21, 2013

The Sheraton Downtown Denver is the largest hotel in Colorado. More importantly, it has a great location on the 16th Street Mall. The 16th Street Shuttle makes getting around extremely convenient, and it's free! Many much better than average restaurants are within easy walking distance of the Sheraton and the shuttle brings dozens of others within easy reach. Very courteous staff and great accomodations.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business

Dear Tom P,
Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed our positioning on the world famous 16th Street Pedestrian Mall. We feel that our guests are able to best experience Downtown Denver if they are within just steps of the icons that make this city what it is. We hope to welcome you back to our community again in the future.

Reviewed October 21, 2013 via mobile

This well located Sheraton is well appointed and comes with good service. It is split into 2 towers connected by a 2nd floor hallway/bridge...so if you are in the non-conference ctr tower and you want to use the gym, you have to cross the bridge and search for the gym on the other side. But the gym facilities are big, spacious, and well-equipped. The breakfast buffet (not included in room fee for me) was good. I charged breakfast to my room...when I checked out 2 hours later they had not updated to show the charge...as a good sign of service, they did not charge me for the meal! They are connected through their lobby to a great sportsbar/restaurant not owned by Sheraton (see review of Yardhouse). One side of the hotel faces the walking mall of 16th street..great for access to all of downtown Denver. The rooms in plaza tower were very spacious..no fridge though. Overall a good stay.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

Dear Bo D,
Thank you for your comments on your recent stay. We are happy to hear you were able to experience the Sheraton Fitness powered by Core Performance. We are also delighted to hear that you enjoyed your breakfast, and apologize for not catching our mistake on your room charges. Although it worked out in your favor, we realize it shows that we still need to be very diligent in the small details. We hope that your future journey leads you back into our community once again.

Reviewed October 21, 2013

I stayed at the Sheraton in the I.M. Pei tower for a meeting in the hotel. The room was spacious and the bed was very comfortable. I liked the exercise room on the street level -- the best I have seen in a hotel so far. Since the conference rooms were one floor below, it was good not to have to run across the conference areas to exercise. I did not eat in the hotel as there were many choices nearby. There were problems with the shower and the sink. I left a note regarding this for the housekeeper and it was fixed during the day while I was out.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

Dear poidog7,
We apologize for the challenges with the sink and shower; we are pleased to hear that those were quickly taken care of. Thank you for your compliments on your recent stay. Our hope for guests whom prefer to exercise while traveling is that they are able to find an incredible array of equipment at their disposal. It sounds like you were able to fully experience that during your visit. We hope to welcome you back in the future.