“Careful with this one”

Sheraton Denver Downtown Hotel
Ranked #67 of 160 Hotels in Denver
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed September 22, 2013

My wife and 2yr old were in Denver to see a Cards-Rockies series. We wanted a nice hotel with pool and amenities. The staff/service was excellent, the amenities were great, but the room was pathetic for the price ($350/nt). The furniture was chipped (#529 Plaza) and the shower head fell off. The "mountain view" was silly. Please don't pay more than $200/nt for this hotel.

Room Tip: Be careful, I looked at 2 rooms and neither were acceptable for the price.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Chuck S, Manager at Sheraton Denver Downtown Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2013

Dear Telluride95,
I am so sorry that you had this experience at our hotel! We take great care to prepare all of our guest rooms in advance of their stay and we failed to do it in your case. I would like to speak with you directly regarding your stay, if you are open to it, please let me know via e-mail at chuck.schuringa@sheraton.com
Hotel Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (2,510)

Reviewed September 21, 2013

My friend and I shared a room during a high school reunion.We checked in around 2:00pm and were given a city view,oh no it wasn't ! Not being shy I got on the phone and requested the city view we had been promised.We made it from the 2nd to the 3rd floor,at least with partial mountain view.I have stayed in the Tower side of this hotel during one of its remodels,footprints on the ceiling,mirrored closet door came at me when I tried to open door.This is a pass for sure.

Room Tip: Oonly rooms not in tower have 2 beds
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Chuck S, Manager at Sheraton Denver Downtown Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2013

Dear cassidyrogers,
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I am sorry that you did not enjoy your initial guest room accommodations, we do have many different room types and views available but with a downtown location do at times struggle to provide everyone with a view they prefer. Please let us know when you are returning the next time to Denver and we will ensure you have a room with a view that meets your expectations. I also apologize that your guest room closet door was defective. Due to the anonymous nature of reviews I cannot determine which room you were in to ensure it was repaired, if you would like to speak with me directly, please send me an e-mail at chuck.schuringa@sheraton.com so that I can apologize and discover which room you occupied to fix the door.

Reviewed September 20, 2013

I changed my room to avoid the noisy air-condition and humidifier only to learn that this is a problem that could not be avoided. If you are sensitive to noise and could not sleep avoid this hotel. The staff were helpful but this problem is out of their hads!

Room Tip: Make sure you ask if the problem of noise is solved in the hotel!
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
Chuck S, Manager at Sheraton Denver Downtown Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2013

Dear Navid F,
Thanks for taking time to provide us with feedback so that we may improve. I would like to connect with you to determine which rooms you stayed in so that we can have these rooms properly serviced. I am not aware of any endemic issues with noisy HVAC units but occasional issues do arise that we definitely should repair immediately. I am so sorry that this kept you up. Please send me an e-mail at chuck.schuringa@sheraton.com so that I can appropriately apologize to you and collect additional information.

Reviewed September 20, 2013

I stayed here for 3 nights while attending a local conference.

As I was falling asleep the first night, I woke up to a very loud "tapping" that I eventually traced to my bathroom ceiling. This went on for ~20 minutes before I called the front desk. A serviceman appeared, I showed him the water dripping from my ceiling from the shower in the room above. He indicated that he would ask the room above to refrain from showering until they could repair the leak. Was thankful that the ceiling didn't cave in on me at that point.

The next night, the smoke detectors were on the fritz - from the moment I returned to the hotel until check-out (>24 hours). I had called the front desk - same repairman showed up at my door. He said that there were engineers who would be able to fix the issue within an hour. Clearly they weren't fixed - I somehow fell asleep to the noise.

On my last night at the hotel, I asked the front desk - before returning to my room - if the smoke detectors had been repaired. They knew nothing of the issue. I invited someone to come to the 5th floor - no one obliged. The noise continued every few minutes. I literally couldn't wait to check-out.

The other reviews of the hotel are spot on - the hotel looks tired. Furniture has seen better days, however, the bed & location are the only 2 redeeming characteristics of the Sheraton. There is a cabinet that appeared to house a mini-fridge - but was empty upon opening it. My ironing board wouldn't even remain standing when opened - so I had to iron my clothes on the bed.

In speaking to the hotel staff, I was given a room discount - but I would have felt that my feedback was taken seriously if someone from the front desk just ventured to the 5th floor to hear the detectors themselves & acted upon it with some degree of urgency. Listening to a "beep" every 2-3 minutes for hours upon end is enough to drive anyone crazy.

I'm glad that others had an enjoyable experience here, but I would never return to this hotel again.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business

Dear tallchick1978,
My sincerest apologies for your unacceptable experience here recently at The Sheraton Denver Downtown. What you have shared is very concerning to me and I would like to speak with you directly over the phone to address them and offer some recognition for your inconvenience. Please let me know the best way to contact you by sending me an e-mail at chuck.schuringa@sheraton.com. Once again, I am so sorry your stay was such a disappointment.

Reviewed September 19, 2013

This hotel seems seems drab and old in a "not taken care of" kind of way. There are two connecting buildings and I can only speak for the tower side that I stayed in. I love old hotels and didnt mind the very small bathrooms, etc. however the room seemed ill maintained. It may sound frivilous but as a woman I expected an ionic hair dryer and shampoo that would lather.

I returned to my room around 4:00 in the afternoon to find that housekeeping had not been there although they did stop by later and replenished the toiletries. My final disappointment was when I realized the pillows were exposed on the ends and were not double cased. Eww...

The hotel is multi-leveled and very confusing to navigate. On a very positive note - every staff person I encountered was extremly friendly and helpful. Great big kudos for customer service!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business

Dear GerriLeanne,
Thank you for your kind words regarding our service and staff, we definitely strive to deliver superior service and experiences. I am so sorry that your room accommodations did not exceed your expectations though; we should have done a better job in cleaning your room more promptly. I am not sure if you had signed up for our guest room sustainability program which may have been where we dropped the ball. We are also working on improving our way finding program so guests unfamiliar with our property can more effectively navigate the two properties. Please send me an e-mail at chuck.schuringa@sheraton.com if you would like to interact more regarding your stay.

Reviewed September 18, 2013 via mobile

Perhaps the most convenient downtown hotel I have ever stayed in. Short walk to several restaurants, shopping, movie theatre, bars, light rail. Right on the 16th Street mall with a couple very good bar/restaurants attached. Designed over 50 years ago by renowned architect I. M. Pei.

• Stayed: September 2013
SheratonDenver, General Manager at Sheraton Denver Downtown Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2013

Dear C-Stop,
We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay, as well as our positioning on the world famous 16th Street Pedestrian Mall. We feel that being close to everything our guests could want, sets us apart from competitors. Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay with us at the Sheraton Denver Downtown Hotel.
Tony Dunn, General Manager

Reviewed September 17, 2013

Stayed here for a week during a business conference. Very nice place with a pleasant staff. I stayed on a priority club member floor and the room was enormous. Since the building was originally designed as an apartment complex, it seems as if my room was comprised of the space of an original apartment. When you first entered the room there were two queen-size beds, but this particular area was twice the size of a typical hotel room. After that, you entered into another area of the room which held a gigantic walk-in closet and then an even larger bathroom. This bathroom was twice the size of the one in my own home. I have never stayed in a larger room in all my years of traveling. To top it all off, one side of the room consisted of wall-to-wall, floor to ceiling windows which provided an outstanding view of the city, as well as the mountains in the distance. While the building itself had been around for some time, it was well maintained and quite clean. I would not hesitate to stay there in the future.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
SheratonDenver, General Manager at Sheraton Denver Downtown Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2013

Dear Chinaglia,
Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay. We are excited to hear that your stay was memorable and you will be back to visit us in the future! We appreciate you taking the time to let us know just how much you enjoyed our rooms and the city we call home.
Tony Dunn, General Manager