“Average transit hotel”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Aylesbury, United Kingdom
“Average transit hotel”
Reviewed September 10, 2013

This is a standard chain type hotel , neither very good nor very bad. Rooms are comfortable, breakfast reasonable but with an excellent selection of fruit. No corn flakes among the cereals though, odd! I always thought corn flakes were an American invention. Food in restaurants in the evening not brilliant. But the people there are charming and helpful. It is very central. I would go there again.

Room Tip: Those in Tower involve a long walk and two lifts
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Chuck S, Manager at Sheraton Denver Downtown Hotel, responded to this review, September 12, 2013
Dear Ted F,
Thank you for the kind words regarding our wonderful and friendly staff. I am also glad you enjoyed your room and breakfast. I do apologize that we did not have corn flakes on the menu, I will bring this up to our Food and Beverage leadership to ensure we bring that product on. Please do return to our hotel. If you would like to speak with me directly, please send me an e-mail at chuck.schuringa@sheraton.com
Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (580)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
Traverse City, Michigan
Reviewed September 9, 2013

I stayed here for three nights and enjoyed every minute. The hotel has a very upbeat atmosphere, and the staff is very friendly and prompt in responding to requests. Multiple pillows are provided on each bed, which allowed me to choose a soft pillow out of the bunch. The location is perfect for shopping and dining. This Sheraton gets a High 5, for sure.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
SheratonDenver, General Manager at Sheraton Denver Downtown Hotel, responded to this review, September 17, 2013
Dear ActiveGrandmother,
Thank you for your compliments on your recent stay and our high 5! We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed our hotel as well as our positioning on the world famous 16th Street Pedestrian Mall. We feel that being close to just about everything our guests could want, sets us apart from competitors. We hope to see you again in the future.
Tony Dunn, Hotel Manager
Reading, Pennsylvania
Reviewed September 9, 2013

We came for a business conference in late May. The conference facilities were huge and comfortable. Our room was on a top floor with a panoramic city view. This location can't be beat for the first-time visitor to Denver. The 16th street mall is just outside the door with a FREE shuttle that runs continuously to all the shops and restaurants. Coors Field is very close by, too. The hotel staff was so helpful with tour and dinner ideas. They can suggest any number of scenic and fun tours of this beautiful area. Breakfast was included a few stairs up from our room. This was an unexpected treat in a window-filed room with gorgeous views. Highly recommended!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Dear Apher97,
We are delighted to hear that our hotel shined during your stay and that our city welcomed you with open arms. We are happy to be located in the midst of the hustle and bustle of downtown. We feel that our position on the 16th street mall allows our guests to experience all that Denver has to offer. Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay. We hope to welcome you back for business or pleasure in the future.
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed September 9, 2013

Attended a work conference at this Sheraton for 4 days. I enjoyed the facilities, staff and amenities. I also liked its downtown location which was close to everything I needed. I would recommend this hotel!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
SheratonDenver, General Manager at Sheraton Denver Downtown Hotel, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
Dear T M,
Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your business trip to the Sheraton as well as the city we call home. We appreciate your loyalty to the Sheraton and Starwood Hotels & Resorts.
Miami, Florida
Reviewed September 9, 2013

Is pet friendly. Location is ok, the room was not great and view was not good. The yard house downstairs is the best part of this hotel. See photos. It has potential! The room is not appealing, if on vacation I would not stay here. Company contract with hotel has provided bad rooms.

Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Chuck S, Manager at Sheraton Denver Downtown Hotel, responded to this review, September 11, 2013
Dear MJ778,
Thank you for your kind comments regarding our location, I agree we have an excellent location directly on the famous 16th Street Mall of Denver in close proximity to many of Denver’s most popular attractions, restaurants and museums. I am also glad you enjoyed your experiences at the Yardhouse, many of our guests enjoy this venue as well. I am sorry that you found your room accommodations to not meet your needs, as we are the largest hotel in the state; we do have many different room sizes and configurations and would be happy to provide you with one that has a better view or location. We do not designate specific room locations based on which company you are with so this should be an easy fix for us. If you would like to interact with me further, please send me an e-mail at chuck.schuringa@sheraton.com
Hotel Manager

Travelers are raving about these Denver hotels

Gypsum, Colorado
Reviewed September 9, 2013

I've stayed at this hotel on more than one occasion and normally, there aren't any issues. On our last stay we had issues with our television. After turning it on, it would not change channels or turn off. Remote button for it wouldn't work, the actual power button (and channel buttons) on the TV wouldn't work and the only way to shut the thing off was to completely unplug it from the wall. We weren't staying at the hotel to sit in our room all night and watch TV so it's not the end of the world but it was rather frustrating because we couldn't use it if we wanted too while we were waiting to meet some friends. We called to the front desk to let them know of the issue and they said they would send someone up but couldn't tell us when or give us a timeframe. This didn't really help us because we didn't want to sit in our room all night and wait for a maintenance guy to come deal with the TV so we told them not to even bother with it. The woman who answered our call to the front desk was very polite and did what she could to help us, I understand it wasn't her fault and maybe they were just busy that night with maintenance issues at the hotel. On the upside, the rooms have always been fresh and clean upon our arrival so no complaints there. The Yardhouse is also attached to the hotel which is great because you don't have to travel far to get food/drinks.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear S8602,
Thank you for taking time to share with us your disappointing experience with our television services. I am so sorry that your television was not working properly; we should have had a much quicker response to your reported defect. I am glad that your interactions with our staff were very positive and I will share your comments with our staff to encourage them further. If you would like to have further interaction regarding your stay with us, please send me an e-mail at chuck.schuringa@sheraton.com
Shelton, Connecticut
Reviewed September 8, 2013

Huge beautiful hotel with great service and awesome rooms. I stayed here with my mom and my friend and her mom and we had such a blast! the rooms with two beds were big. One had a small bathroom but the other had a large one. The beds and pillows were so comfy after walking 12 blocks back from Mile High Stadium after the No Shoes Concert in cowboy boots (:. The hotel was gigantic (perfect for exploring if you have little kids with you) and had a really pretty pool that I did not get to go in but I'm sure was fantastic. The location was okay for the stay since it was for the night of the concert many of the closer places were booked up. There was a 7-11 right outside of our tower of the hotel that we resorted to for late night snacks since the room service items were pricey. Overall I could have slept all day in those beds that were like sleeping on clouds and would definitely go back!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Casey F
Dear Casey F,
We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay, as well as our Sheraton Sweet Sleeper beds. I’m sure after walking so far in boots; it was a nice break for your tired feet. We hope you enjoyed your Downtown experience and the concert! We also hope to welcome you back on your next journey to Denver.