“Great Location”

GreenLeadersSilver level
three way tn
“Great Location”
Reviewed June 21, 2013

This is one busy hotel with a number of eateries attached.
If you are visiting Denver and enjoy people watching this property is right on the Mall thoroughfare which offers a free bus from end-to-end.
The rooms are cozy - note that if you order a room with 2 beds it will likely be larger than the cozy king.
The staff is both engaging and energetic.
The food outrageously good - see my review of the Yard House restaurant.
If you have a car it's just $24/night to park and very convenient.
No negatives at all - even the elevators operate at warp speed.

Room Tip: Request a corner suite upgrade - twice the size - never hurts to ask.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
SheratonDenver, Director of Sales at Sheraton Denver Downtown Hotel, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
Dear saratogajohn,
We are delighted to hear that you greatly enjoyed your recent stay with us. We are excited to hear that even though we are a busy hotel, we take care of each of our guests with the same energetic manor. We are also happy that you enjoyed our food; our culinary team is really something special!
Thank you for your comments on your most recent stay, we hope we get to see more of you in the future.
Maria Maxwell, DOSM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (573)
  • Korean first
Erie, Colorado
Reviewed June 18, 2013

We have stayed at the Sheraton Downtown several times when we are in Denver for the weekend, we are locals. This is a perfect location as always but our stay this time was a bit disappointing. We arrived Friday, check in was fast, we are gold members and were upgraded already to a higher floor.

The rooms and especially the bathrooms at this hotel are pretty small.

When we arrived to our room we called to let them know that the tub faucet was dripping a fast drip and it was loud. We were told they would be right up. When we arrived back in our room late that night, still dripping and even had a phone call saying "all fixed". We called again on Saturday morning, when we arrived back to the room Saturday night still dripping. Not too impressed with maintenance.

When checking out on Sunday I mentioned that it was a challenging 2 night sleep with the loud drip and slow draining shower. I asked them if they could at least comp parking for the weekend which they did.

I will return to this hotel for the location and amenities, not much they can do about the small rooms. I feel they are at that dated point and should considered a remodel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Chuck S, Manager at Sheraton Denver Downtown Hotel, responded to this review, June 21, 2013
Dear MichIrons,
Thank you for taking time to provide us with feedback, we use these comments to motivate our team to improve as well as encourage positive performance. I agree with you, we have a fabulous location second to none in the City of Denver, located directly on the famous 16th St. Mall. I am sorry that you did not enjoy your accommodations whilst you were here. We do have over 1200 guest rooms being the largest hotel in the State of Colorado and as a result have quite a few different room types to offer our guests based on their individual needs. Please let us know when making your next reservation that you would like one of our bigger rooms and we will do our best to accommodate this request. I also apologize that the defects you reported were never addressed properly during your stay. I have sent your comments to our leadership teams in maintenance, housekeeping and the front office to research why this happened. If you would like to interact with me further regarding your experience, please feel free to contact me at chuck.schuringa@sheraton.com
baltimore, MD
Reviewed June 18, 2013

I led a meeting for 20 people at this hotel. The accommodations were great. The food served at the meetings were excellent. The hotel itself is very nice. However, they completely messed up our meeting room location and changed it at the last minute three times! A follow up survey asked if I wanted to be contacted by the hotel. I said yes, but never heard from anyone. I would recommend the hotel for a guest, but would be hesitant to schedule a meeting there.

1 Thank atslk
Dear atslk,
We apologize for the challenges you faced during your meeting time here. We will look closer into this issue in order to avoid this in the future. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed our accommodations and the talents of our culinary team. We hope that in the future you consider the Sheraton Denver Downtown Hotel. Thank you for your comments on your recent stay.
Reviewed June 16, 2013 via mobile

I spent four nights here. Overlapping conventions caused severe delays in access to rooms. Service was kind and honest about the matter, however, the rooms were average at best and lacked cleanliness requiring room changes. I am a loyal SPG member. I would not choose this location again unless required by reason of a convention. The convention facilities were excellent and ideal for a moderate size meeting in-house.

There are numerous places to eat within easy walking distance, and a mall is nearby for shopping.

Appleton, WI
Reviewed June 15, 2013 via mobile

What a location! If you want to stay in Denver and be in the hub if the city, this is the place. They actually have 2 buildings and it is a bit of a maze. Great places to eat, the pool is really cool on the roof. We couldn't use it because of the wild fires (very smoky). The room was large and the beds & pillows are wonderful. Parking is added to your bill. Make sure you keep a room key when leaving or you will pay for parking twice. That's what happened to us and we did get reimbursed right away. You can use the bus (it's free) right on the main drag to go up and down. We used it to go to the end and walked to Coors Field for a baseball game. Enjoy Denver!

1 Thank Wiscmom2
SheratonDenver, Director of Sales at Sheraton Denver Downtown Hotel, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Dear Wiscmom2,
We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your trip to Denver! Thank you for making memories at the Sheraton Denver Downtown Hotel. We believe that being right on the World Famous 16th Street Mall where you are close to almost everything you need sets us apart from our competitors. We hope you enjoyed the Colorado Rockies game and our wonderful city. Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay. We hope the next time you are in Denver, you allow us to welcome you to our community once again.
Reviewed June 15, 2013

First let me say that I prefer Starwood properties and try to stay in them when possible. This was the worst stay I've had at any of their properties. I was greeted by an unhelpful bellman who immediate told me my truck was too tall for the parking garage so I couldn't valet. He directed me to a self pay lot around the corner ( this was 10PM) that was vacant and guarded by the children of the corn. I decided to try the hotel garage anyways and my truck fit fine. It's a 4Runner with a roof rack and mild lift. The national truck of Colorado. Room service was SLOW. Every idiot driving downtown has the loudest exhaust I've ever heard! Sounds like a race track. It's 3AM, waiting for Snooze to open so I can get out of here! Will not be returning to this hotel.

• Stayed June 2013
Chuck S, Manager at Sheraton Denver Downtown Hotel, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Dear MCMCB,
I truly appreciate your comments and will definitely forward them to our parking operation leadership. I am sorry that your arrival experience was not more welcoming, we strive to make this a pleasant experience and it was not such in your case. I also apologize that your In Room Dining experience was not more positive as well. We receive many positive comments from our guests regarding this service and it is rare to receive a negative comment in this area. We do have height restrictions for parking set at 6 feet 3 inches posted on our website. While there are sections of the parking facility where vehicles slightly over this height can park, we ask that vehicles over this restriction not park in our facility so that no damage would occur to their vehicle. I truly understand your comment regarding Colorado and taller vehicles; however our structure was built in 1959 and was definitely designed with shorter vehicles in mind. If you would like to contact me directly, I would welcome an opportunity to speak with you: chuck.schuringa@sheraton.com
Hotel Manager

Travelers are raving about these Denver hotels

Colorado Springs
Reviewed June 13, 2013

Spent four nights at this hotel. I should have known that it wasn't good when I was informed at check -in that they had put someone else with the same last name into my room the day before. I asked if they had the same first name, if they reserved a room for the same duration, were they from the same city? The clerk said that only the last name was the same and it was their fault. The bed had a "major " dip on one side of mattress. The Tv is at a bad angle for watching from the bed. There are no dressers in the rooms to put your clothes in. My room didn't have a refrigerator. Bathroom and tub/shower are small. The Curtis Hotel has walk-in showers.I set my thermostat to 66 but it never got cool enough to use covers. The breakfast is way over priced for the quality of food. We stay in Denver 6-8 times per year for concerts and sporting events. When we go we always stay for long weekend. We will never stay at this Sheraton again...

Dear ogrkkco,
Thank you for your comments regarding your arrival experience and the concerns you outlined regarding your accommodations. I am sorry that our Front Office team made an error in your case. This should not have happened. I am also sorry that you did not enjoy your room and the amenities if provided. We do deliver refrigerators upon request. I am concerned about your comments regarding your bed; we have recently installed Sheraton Sweet Sleeper beds in all of our guest rooms. Without knowing which room you occupied I cannot properly address the situation and would welcome contact from you should you wish it: chuck.schuringa@sheraton.com