“The Cup!”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Yukon, Oklahoma
“The Cup!”
Reviewed April 22, 2013 via mobile

It seemed like a good location, shops, restaurants, movie theater, Capitol park, all in walking distance. We arrived in Denver early and showed up to the hotel around 10 am and asked for a early check in and they gave us our keys. Parking was 25 bucks, I thought it was kind of high but oh well. The room was very nice and we had a nice view of the mall street, the tv could have been bigger. The temperature was very hard to control as it was hot in the room all night with the thermostat set on 60. The sheets and the pillows kind of sucked. And the toilet paper really sucked, one would think that the nicer the place, the softer the toilet paper but nope, always John Wayne paper. We had the Yard House restaurant thats in the lobby, they said 15-20 min wait, no big deal. But after 40 mins of waiting and not being able to wait in the hotel lobby with the drink I bought from the bar in the restaurant, we were seated. We both ordered burgers, I couldn't eat mine because I started feeling sick. But Cara did say it was very good. I never even did eat mine, it was still in the to go box on the dresser the next day when we left lol. I have told Cara we needed to take our own toilet paper but we both forgot. Overall it was an avarge hotel to us.

And the cup was to crowded.

Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Chuck S, Manager at Sheraton Denver Downtown Hotel, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
Dear KyleandCara,
Thank you for the wonderful comments. I am glad you liked your room and our hotel’s location and I agree, we have the best location of any of Denver’s Hotels. I have asked that our housekeeping team look at the pillows and toilet paper to ensure we are using the correct standards in these areas. I am sorry that the service in the Yardhouse did not meet your expectations. I am a little confused on what occurred with your burger and what The Cup is, but would welcome an opportunity to interact with you over the phone so I can better understand what happened.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (585)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
Washington, Dc
Reviewed April 22, 2013

I sympathize with these old hotels.. I mean, it's not like you can just knock them down and rebuild the way the economy is. That said, they've worked hard to put in new furniture, bathrooms and carpeting. The thing is, the "bones" of the hotel are old. It's just a 70s-looking structure with a layout that went out ages ago.. (I was in a "44" room, which is such a long walk from the elevator it has to set a hotel industry record). Staff was excellent, though. Fulfilled requests quickly and followed-up to make sure I was happy. One morning, I saw the desk staff strategizing for a day that was to have a lot of check-ins... I like to see that kind of thing. Also, have to point out, the price is good... so, in the end, I think it all balances out to an average stay..

Room Tip: If it's important to you, ask how far you are from the elevator. I was so far it reminded me of...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear W_on_the_Road
Thank you so much for providing us with valuable feedback.
I am glad you enjoyed some of the elements from our recent renovation. When you return to stay with us, let us know that you would like to be away from the elevators. Some of our guest prefers to be away from them and some prefer to be close for personal reasons and we would accommodate requests like this easily.
North Dakota
Reviewed April 21, 2013

The room we were given was clean, inviting, and well-maintained in an obviously older building. Extremely quiet with a great view of mountains and city! The hotel is huge and has two sections connected with a skybridge; it's a little tricky to use the elevators to transfer from the lobby to a higher level in the other (Tower) building, but easy enough to remember. Disliked having to pay for Internet although it was free for guests in the lobby for 45 minutes. M-F social hour features wines that have been rated 90 or above by a wine magazine; we were there on a Saturday but sounds intriguing and want to come back to try it. The bed was amazing. I've been on many beds a and this was the absolute pinnacle of comfort.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 18, 2013 via mobile

Hotel clerks were friendly and professional. The room was very clean, well stocked with towels, and had a clean, comfy bed. I would have been upset to pay the parking fee if I had paid the full asking price per night, but since I booked online and got the room a little cheaper, it made it cost about the same as just booking the room and paying full cost.

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank TravelnTwos
SheratonDenverGM, General Manager at Sheraton Denver Downtown Hotel, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
Dear TravelnTwos
Thanks for sharing your positive feedback regarding your recent stay with us. Our Sheraton Denver Downtown team works hard every day to provide a warm welcome and positive experience to every guest, and it is always rewarding to hear when we get it right! We look forward to seeing you again soon! Warm regards, Marc Messina
Manchester, New Hampshire
Reviewed April 14, 2013

Great hotel and amazing executive suite, but best of all was the service we received. Josh was great as he treated us so so well with both the room and recommendations around the city. Cheers to Sheraton as we will stay there again!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Lee B
Thanks for sharing your positive feedback regarding your recent stay with us. Our Sheraton Denver Downtown team works hard every day to provide a warm welcome and positive experience to every guest, and it is always rewarding to hear when we get it right! We realize that we are fortunate to have Josh on our team; I will be certain to pass along your comments. We look forward to your next visit! Warm regards, Marc Messina
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed April 13, 2013 via mobile

Right in downtown, near everything, this is a convenient, pleasant Sheraton with its signature mattresses and pillows. The room, in the Tower, is very small for a non-NYC room - no dresser, just a couple of drawers in the closet with the bible, which I replaced with clothes. Nice rain shower in the bathroom. A surprising dearth of outlets, making charging awkward.

The layout of the hotel, built in 2 parts joined by a covered bridge, makes a trip from one elevator to the next necessary for many activities. Another oddity: a nice big heated pool - outdoors! So on a cold day, it is useless. And unused.

The view is spoiled by tops of buildings in the way - at least in this room (1610).

• Stayed April 2013
SheratonDenverGM, General Manager at Sheraton Denver Downtown Hotel, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
Dear badbacktraveler,
Thanks for sharing your feedback about your recent stay with us. I’m happy to hear that your enjoyed our Sheraton Sweet Sleeper bed and the rain shower in your room. I’m sorry that you did not feel our five food and beverage venues provided enough dining opportunities; we find many guests like to eat at the hotel one or two times, then head out to experience Denver’s very lively restaurant scene. Next time you stay with us, give our heated outdoor pool a try- our guests tell us the best time to swim is when it’s snowing! We are just beginning a complete renovation of the pool area and look forward to providing a refreshing experience on your next visit. Hope to see you again soon. Warm regards, Marc Messina
S Wales
Reviewed April 12, 2013

Stayed for 4 nights at the convention rate of $170 + tax ($26.40) per night. This included free wifi.

Didn't experience any of the issues others appear to have experienced. It's a standard Sheraton. My room (Plaza tower) was standard business class. Everything worked. The only issue is that the wifi struggled to cope in the early morning when (it would seem) everyone attending the convention logged on to their email! Otherwise the wifi was fine.

The gym is excellent, large with lots of kit in good condition.

The hotel is right on the 16th Street Mall and therefore there are plenty of eating and drinking options in the vicinity and it's about 3-4 blocks walk from the convention center.

In summary, no complaints & a good stay.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear DRC225
Thanks for sharing your positive feedback regarding your recent stay with us. Our Sheraton Denver Downtown team works hard every day to provide a warm welcome and positive experience to every guests, and it is always rewarding to hear when we get it right! Hope to see you again soon! Warm regards, Marc Messina