“Convention hotel in Denver”

Sheraton Denver Downtown Hotel
Ranked #65 of 160 Hotels in Denver
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed March 14, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for 2 nights during a conference.

The good: quick check-in, reasonable price, and you can plug in almost any tech device into the upgraded control panel in your room. The onsite gym is great. It is huge with of cardio and weight equipment, floor to ceiling windows, wood floors. They definitely got this one right. Location is ggod if you need to be in downtown Denver, although you would only go downtown Denver if you had to as it is kind of a wasteland,

The not-so good: the rooms are dated, the hotel is noisy and the public areas are a little grimy. I found it very difficult to sleep as Denver is "high and dry". I've slept better at higher altitudes as most hotels humidify their air or provide humidifiers. The Sheraton seems to do neither.

I would probably check out other conference hotels to see if they are any better if I go back to Denver, although I'm not sure if any of them could match the Sheraton's gym.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
SheratonDenverGM, General Manager at Sheraton Denver Downtown Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2013

Dear Woodzey,
Thanks for sharing your comments on your recent visit to the Sheraton Downtown Denver. I am pleased to know that you enjoyed our fantastic fitness center and location, but apologize that you found our public areas grimy and your guestroom noisy. I have passed your comments along to our housekeeping department so that we may improve our public area maintenance. I’m sorry your sleep was affected by the altitude here; we do provide humidifiers upon request to help with this. I would respectfully disagree that downtown Denver is a wasteland, and hope you will touch base with our Concierge on your next visit so we may introduce you to the many activities and events within walking distance of the hotel! Hope to see you again soon for a longer visit. Warm regards, Elisabeth James

Write a ReviewReviews (2,518)

Reviewed March 11, 2013 via mobile

For a hotel that bills itself as a premier business hotel in Denver, Sheraton lacks a few things. Their location could not be better and their business facilities are top notch. But some rooms are in need if updating, especially barrooms. I've seen several rooms in this hotel. There are cracks on the bathroom ceilings, stains of unknown origins on the floor, multiple layers of caulk around the piping. What also irritates the hell out of me is when a hotel has 32 inch TVs in their rooms and only 2 or 3 channels in HD. But other than that, it's a really decent place to stay.

• Stayed: March 2013
SheratonDenverGM, General Manager at Sheraton Denver Downtown Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2013

Dear stanberg
Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your recent stay at the Sheraton Denver Downtown. It is great to hear that you enjoyed of perfect location and our top-notch business facilities. I’m sorry that your bathroom was not in perfect condition, and I have passed along your comments to our maintenance department for follow-up. I share your frustration that we have a limited number of HD channels; we are in the process of reviewing system upgrades and look forward to providing a better HD TV selection in the near future. Hope to see you again on your next visit to Denver. Warm regards, Elisabeth James

Reviewed March 10, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel for a Nuggets game during a snow storm. The staff was awesome and cabs to/from the Pepsi Center were readily available. Check in was fast and easy. Our room is in the tower across from the lobby, small but still nice. Our TV broke at one point, but someone was there immediately to fix it for us. I think our only negative experience came at around 945 pm when we tried to buy a glass of wine to go back to our room with for the night. The bartender was overwhelmed and not following any order in serving guests. We had to wait for about 15 minutes at a seat at the bar. The manager who finally came over to help was really nice. Otherwise our stat was great. Oh, and we ordered a room service pot of coffee that came very quickly, too.

• Stayed: March 2013
SheratonDenverGM, General Manager at Sheraton Denver Downtown Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2013

Dear Lovetoroadtrip82
Thanks for sharing your positive comments regarding your recent stay with us. We look forward to seeing you again soon. (Go Nuggets!!) Warm regards, Elisabeth James

Reviewed March 8, 2013

I was here for a meeting and was disappointed. It was a long trip from Tower to Plaza, and the elevators were frequently broken. Trying to go the stairs was impossible with many dead ends. The coffee at Peets was outstanding. Denver is a great city for walking, and this was convenient to architecture and art museums. The hotel itself has nothing going for it; even the wireless did not work. Stay somewhere else.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

Dear Jill K
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments regarding your stay with us. I am disappointed to learn that you encountered difficulties with our wireless internet and elevator service, as we have not experienced any recent service outages with either internet or elevators. There are occasions during large conferences that all attendees are moving among meetings at the same time, which can result in very busy elevators; I apologize that you were inconvenienced by this. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed our Peets coffee and our convenient location to many of Denver’s attractions. Warm regards, Elisabeth James,

Reviewed March 2, 2013 via mobile

This hotel has a great location on 16th street so there are lots of places to choose to eat. Attended a convention here and it was confusing to go to Tower from the Plaza side( and vice versa) . Room was clean and the convention rate was about standard.

• Stayed: February 2013
SheratonDenverGM, General Manager at Sheraton Denver Downtown Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2013

Dear vahanning,
Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback on your recent stay with us. I’m glad you were able to combine business with pleasure, and enjoy your conference as well as the great attractions right outside our front door on the 16th Street Mall. We look forward to seeing you again soon. Warmly, Elisabeth James

Reviewed March 1, 2013

Although the first impression of the hotel as you enter the lobby is very good, as you experience the hotel, that initial good impression goes away quickly and leaves disappointment. Biggest problems:

- Hotel check-in and check-out was horribly slow for me and many others in our group
- Room I was originally given was not the type I reserved
- Rooms in the I.M. Pei tower are laughably small
- Layout of hotel meeting rooms is very confusing
- When I asked for a late check-out (just 30 minutes), I was told no

Bottom line - there is no way I would stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Dear UndercoverAngel: Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I apologize for your wait at check in and that your requested room type was not available. We do our best to honor each request for specific room types however we cannot guarantee that room type will be available at the time of check in. I believe your group also had very specific requirements for blocks of rooms located together. These had to be pre-assigned and unfortunately this process can cause a delay at check-in until specific rooms are ready. I hope you were able to take advantage of the great weather to enjoy the 16th Street Mall while you waited. The Sheraton Denver Downtown is a “gentle giant” encompassing two towers; hopefully, a member of our team was able to assist you in locating your meeting rooms. We do our best to accommodate requests for late check-out whenever possible; I am sorry we were not able to offer the additional time you requested. We would welcome the opportunity to redeem ourselves on your next visit to Denver. Warm regards, Elisabeth James, General Manager

Reviewed February 28, 2013

Sheraton Denver is huge, lots of rooms and people everywhere. I am not sure if I would return to stay though with so many options in Denver I think that you can get better value for money elsewhere. We stayed at the Sheraton for 3 nights.

Pros
Awesome location
Comfy bed

Cons (sorry but these are stories)
Concierge - When we arrived I went straight to the concierge for assistance wanting to know where to go for dinner. I assume he was finishing his shift, and when I asked where to go for a nice meal he said here is the 'Denver booklet' I said thanks but could he recommend anywhere his response was the booklet says it all, just read that.
Breakfast - We went down and had the buffet breakfast on our last morning and all of the drinks were table service. So we had to wait 10 minutes to get our juice, another 10 minutes to get our coffee. It was just an added delay when we didn't have time for it.
Room - Tiny, although that doesn't seem to do it justice. My fiancee and I couldn't be in the bathroom together unless one of us was standing in the bath.

For the amount that the Sheraton charges I think that there are other better options in Denver. We came back to Denver for one night and stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn and had a fantastic stayed for about $100 less.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
SheratonDenver, General Manager at Sheraton Denver Downtown Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2013

Dear G C: Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We are disappointed to hear that a member of our team was not more open to recommending our local restaurants. While there are many options along the 16th Street Mall, we hope you were able to experience 16Mix, Katie Mullen's Irish Pub or the Yard House, which are all located in our hotel. Additionally, we apologize for the delay you experienced with the beverage service at breakfast. However, we do hope you enjoyed the breakfast buffet. During your next stay we encourage you to request an executive suite, as you may be more comfortable with the additional sitting and mirror space. It is wonderful to hear you enjoyed our special location on the 16th Street Mall and invite you to return the next time you are in our community.