“Good 16th Street Mall Location”

Sheraton Denver Downtown Hotel
Ranked #64 of 157 Hotels in Denver
GreenLeadersSilver level
Houston, Texas
“Good 16th Street Mall Location”
Reviewed March 2, 2013 via mobile

This hotel has a great location on 16th street so there are lots of places to choose to eat. Attended a convention here and it was confusing to go to Tower from the Plaza side( and vice versa) . Room was clean and the convention rate was about standard.

• Stayed February 2013
SheratonDenverGM, General Manager at Sheraton Denver Downtown Hotel, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
Dear vahanning,
Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback on your recent stay with us. I’m glad you were able to combine business with pleasure, and enjoy your conference as well as the great attractions right outside our front door on the 16th Street Mall. We look forward to seeing you again soon. Warmly, Elisabeth James

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (581)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
USA
Reviewed March 1, 2013

Although the first impression of the hotel as you enter the lobby is very good, as you experience the hotel, that initial good impression goes away quickly and leaves disappointment. Biggest problems:

- Hotel check-in and check-out was horribly slow for me and many others in our group
- Room I was originally given was not the type I reserved
- Rooms in the I.M. Pei tower are laughably small
- Layout of hotel meeting rooms is very confusing
- When I asked for a late check-out (just 30 minutes), I was told no

Bottom line - there is no way I would stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear UndercoverAngel: Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I apologize for your wait at check in and that your requested room type was not available. We do our best to honor each request for specific room types however we cannot guarantee that room type will be available at the time of check in. I believe your group also had very specific requirements for blocks of rooms located together. These had to be pre-assigned and unfortunately this process can cause a delay at check-in until specific rooms are ready. I hope you were able to take advantage of the great weather to enjoy the 16th Street Mall while you waited. The Sheraton Denver Downtown is a “gentle giant” encompassing two towers; hopefully, a member of our team was able to assist you in locating your meeting rooms. We do our best to accommodate requests for late check-out whenever possible; I am sorry we were not able to offer the additional time you requested. We would welcome the opportunity to redeem ourselves on your next visit to Denver. Warm regards, Elisabeth James, General Manager

Travelers are raving about these Denver hotels

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed February 28, 2013

Sheraton Denver is huge, lots of rooms and people everywhere. I am not sure if I would return to stay though with so many options in Denver I think that you can get better value for money elsewhere. We stayed at the Sheraton for 3 nights.

Pros
Awesome location
Comfy bed

Cons (sorry but these are stories)
Concierge - When we arrived I went straight to the concierge for assistance wanting to know where to go for dinner. I assume he was finishing his shift, and when I asked where to go for a nice meal he said here is the 'Denver booklet' I said thanks but could he recommend anywhere his response was the booklet says it all, just read that.
Breakfast - We went down and had the buffet breakfast on our last morning and all of the drinks were table service. So we had to wait 10 minutes to get our juice, another 10 minutes to get our coffee. It was just an added delay when we didn't have time for it.
Room - Tiny, although that doesn't seem to do it justice. My fiancee and I couldn't be in the bathroom together unless one of us was standing in the bath.

For the amount that the Sheraton charges I think that there are other better options in Denver. We came back to Denver for one night and stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn and had a fantastic stayed for about $100 less.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
SheratonDenver, General Manager at Sheraton Denver Downtown Hotel, responded to this review, March 5, 2013
Dear G C: Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We are disappointed to hear that a member of our team was not more open to recommending our local restaurants. While there are many options along the 16th Street Mall, we hope you were able to experience 16Mix, Katie Mullen's Irish Pub or the Yard House, which are all located in our hotel. Additionally, we apologize for the delay you experienced with the beverage service at breakfast. However, we do hope you enjoyed the breakfast buffet. During your next stay we encourage you to request an executive suite, as you may be more comfortable with the additional sitting and mirror space. It is wonderful to hear you enjoyed our special location on the 16th Street Mall and invite you to return the next time you are in our community.
NJ
Reviewed February 28, 2013

I enjoyed this hotel a lot. Right on the south end of the 16th street mall. I had a double room as I was sharing with a friend and we had plenty of space in that thing. Bathroom is on the small side. the shower drain sucked. Took at least 5 minutes for the water to go down after a shower. The hotel has a Yard House pub connected to it, as well at Peete's and a restaurant. I didn't eat at any of them but the Yard House saw me a few times. Easy to hope on the mall bus from across the Yard House. Walking distance to everything really. Parking is a bit inconvenient but I didn't mid that too much. Hotel staff was very friendly. Have to use your room key to use the elevator, so don't forget it. Overall, I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Dear marine2531: It is wonderful to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us in Denver. We are pleased you were able to experience all that our community has to offer and look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
Salem, Virginia
Reviewed February 28, 2013 via mobile

Being a Platinum SPG member, I was really expecting much more from this hotel. My room was tiny, my bathroom tiny and I was paying extra to be on the club floor. The choices for afternoon snack and breakfast were poor as well. I would not stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013
Dear hokie26: Thank you for your loyalty to the Starwood Preferred Guest program. Whenever possible, we do our best to provide an upgrade for our loyal guests. We invite you to return and encourage you to requests and executive suite, which is larger with a comfortable sitting area.
Broomfield, Colorado, United States
Reviewed February 27, 2013

Great location, clean room, plenty of room. Stayed in an executive suite in the tower. Nice room with great views of the city. The bathroom was so small, but not that big of a deal. We ate breakfast at the restaurant next day. Good buffet. Parking is not super convenient, but we choose to park in one of the lots by the hotel for $12.00 per day, opposed to the hotel parking garage for $24.00 per day...crazy. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: (3) adults fit comfortably in the executive suite, just small bathroom.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Paula F
Dear Paula F: It is wonderful to hear that you were comfortable in your Executive Suite and that you enjoyed the breakfast buffet. It would be our pleasure to welcome you back the next time your travels bring you to our community.
Washington, DC
Reviewed February 25, 2013

In Denver for a night... We were upgraded to club floor as a lowly SPG Gold (probably due to 1 night stay) which was a very pleasant surprise. The location was fantastic and staff was excellent and very helpful. Would definitely return if we're in Denver again.

Room Tip: Rooms are a bit small, but it's a business hotel, not a resort, so who cares?
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear SoundGuyDC: We hope you enjoy the view from your room on the Club Floor. Thank you for your loyalty to the Starwood Preferred Guest program. We invite you to stay with us again the next time you are in our community.