“Great Staff”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Denver
“Great Staff”
Reviewed November 6, 2012

Great location and outstanding staff, well most of them...I was imressed with one individual and the extra effort he went for me in retrieving a left item in my room of great moniteray value and more importantly the sentimental value of it....here is what I wrote to the manager. It restores my faith in that the vast majority of individuals are still good, honest people.

Dear Sir,

I would like to express my deepest appreciation for one of your security members that retrieved one of the most invaluable things so near and dear to me. I was completely relieved to have a solid gold chain that was given to me by my Grandfather and have the trustworthiness of Mr. Mathias Martinez to retrieve it for me when I had made several attempts earlier to have someone check my room as I was positive where I left it.

I think Mr. Martinez should be commended for being an individual with strong character and of the highest integrity. I had run into road blocks and false assurances earlier from

Mr. Inmer who informed me he would get to it and check with housekeeping and leave me a message. I left your hotel for DIA and was concerned my entire flight and thought I would have the good news once I arrived, but to no avail. I made several calls as I could not relax about it, as I was certain as to where it was. I was fortunate enough to ask and gather the assistance of Mr. Martinez who I asked if he could please just do me one favor and go to my room as I was positive as to where I left it. he did so and quickly put my mind at ease.

I am highly impressed with Mr. Martinez and feel this trustworthy individual deserves to be recognized. I was not impressed with the initial calls and felt let down until Mr. Martinez changed all that.

Please express my deepest appreciation to this young man and share with him that I would recommend The Shearton downtown Denver to anyone due to the outstanding assistance I received during a personal crisis to me.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
SheratonDenver, General Manager at Sheraton Denver Downtown Hotel, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
Dear Shaz747: Thank you for taking the time to let us know you appreciate our associates. We apologize for the delay in locating your lost item, though we are pleased Mathias was able to retrieve it for you. We will make sure he knows of your appreciation. The next time you are in our community we hope you will choose to stay with us again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (580)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
New York City, New York
Reviewed November 6, 2012

Recently stayed here for a week-long conference with a large organization and they were not ready or prepared for high occupancy.

The rooms are fine, nothing fancy, nothing awful. There was a slight odor in the room (maybe old carpet?) as you entered. Basic accommodations in a convenient area for the Convention Center (although others are more convenient).

The gym is nice and the room service food was good enough.

They could use a renovation, but it's fine for a work trip.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dear kkf114: Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience with us. We are pleased you were overall satisfied with your stay. The next time you are in our community for business or pleasure, we hope you will choose to stay with us again.
Wyoming
Reviewed November 6, 2012

Stayed here for a couple of days for a girl's weekend. Location was fantastic with immediate access to 16th Street Mall. Our room was on the 4th floor and very little traffic could be heard; only the occasional ambulance. Only disturbing sounds were through the vent in the bathroom - could hear another room's occupants talking and.. conducting.. business. Gross.

Self-park was a little cheaper than valet and convenient for us to come and go as we pleased. Valets were also happy to help call a cab for us when we needed one. While we ate elsewhere, there were several different bars and restaurants located on the ground floor of the hotel, as well as a coffee shop.

Beds were very soft and comfy as were linens. Nice modern flat-screen tv in the room but it didn't look like the cable was in HD (not that we spent time watching much tv). They do charge for wifi which in this day and age is pretty silly. Maid service came in pretty darned late and only remade one of the beds. Replaced coffee and such but looked like things were done in a hurry - replaced items were not set up nice and neat, but at least they were replaced (coffee, water, bathroom items).

Overall a nice stay - clean, modern, comfy. Maid service was so-so but surely didn't make or break the weekend.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Dear jestoo: We are pleased you enjoyed your girls weekend with us. We hope you were able to take advantage of the complimentary wireless Internet available in the Plaza Lobby at the Link@Sheraton. During your next stay we encourage you to have breakfast at our 15|Fifty Restaurant and a beverage at 16Mix. It would be our pleasure to welcome you back to our community soon.
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Stayed in one of the tower rooms. It was very nice. Nicely updated and clean. Visited for a work meeting. Would definitely stay here again. Great location on the 16th street mall. Meeting rooms were nice and food was good. I didn't really use any of the hotel services, but the staff at the reservation counter was wonderful. The staff in the business center were super nice too.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dear Kilmilickens: We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you again the next time your travels bring you to our Mile High City.
Clearwater, Florida
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I was so impressed by the Sheraton. I stayed from Oct. 30 to Nov. 4, 2012, for a convention. The staff and service cannot be better! A slight problem with the air conditioning setting was corrected at once, with a follow-up call to see that everything was satisfactory. The club lounge was excellent, with continental breakfast and happy hour food, as well as beverages 24 hours. The staff there was also great! Also, despite a lot of people at my convention (Sweet Adelines), I never waited for an elevator! (Which, by the way, have a security feature that requires swiping your room key!) Food and service at the Yardhouse Restaurant in the lobby was wonderful (a bit noisy, but after all, it's also a bar!) Conveniently located, you can walk most places, and there is a free downtown bus that is also useful!

The only thing that was a problem is that there is virtually no cell phone reception in the downstairs ballrooms, nor could I use my cell phone in my room, My roommate had a different cell provider, and she couldn't use hers either. (We were in the Plaza - I don't know about the Tower.)

Also, they even provided me with a humidifier to use!! Wonderful!!

Also, check-in and check out were both very quick and smooth.

I didn't have a chance to try the spa.

Room Tip: If you want to use your cell phone, check for a room with reception!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Barbara E: It is wonderful to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us for the Sweet Adeline’s convention. We are please you enjoyed our community, especially the local cuisine. We apologize for the challenge you experienced with your air conditioner, however, we're glad a member of our Engineering team was able to address your concern quickly and resolve the problem. Thank you for sharing your experience with us and we invite you to return the next time your travels bring you to our community.
st Louis
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Very clean, courteous staff and quiet. I was on the 7th floor - room 777. I never heard a road noise or noise from the hall. The bed was comfortable with wonderful pillows.
The bathroom was updated except for the tub. I took a bath and noticed the tile was in a bit rough shape but it was clean. The products were ok.
Check in was quick and efficinet with very professional staff.
Room Service is quick and the food for breakfast was very good! There is Starbucks coffee in the room so I made a cup of that before room service arrived.
It is convenient and there are a lot of great stores and restaurants right outside the front door.
There is a wonderful walking/bike path the concierge directed me to. It is about 10 min walk to get there and I enjoyed going there for exrcise than a gym.
I would go back!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
SheratonDenver, General Manager at Sheraton Denver Downtown Hotel, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
Dear stlanne: We are pleased that you enjoyed a relaxing stay with us and that you had time to experience all that our hotel has to offer. We look forward to welcoming you back to our community the next time you are in town for business or pleasure.
Diamond Bar, California
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Within walking distance of restaurants, shops, etc. Gym is large with modern equipment. Clean and comfortable rooms. Only drawback in our suite was the size of !the bathroom - the smallest I have ever encountered! Imagine an airplane washroom with an added bathtub!! Other than that, we were really happy with everything else especially the Club Floor Lounge for which we paid an extra fee. Continental breakfast in morning plus afternoon "happy hour" and soft drinks and water available all day and night.

Room Tip: The main building rather than the tower. We were told bathrooms were larger!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Marlene70: We are pleased that you enjoyed your overall stay, especially in our Club Lounge. We're pleased you had the opportunity to experience all that Denver had to offer, but also the amenities within the hotel. It would be our pleasure to welcome you back to our community during your next trip.