“Great customer service from front desk”

Sheraton Denver Downtown Hotel
Ranked #64 of 159 Hotels in Denver
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed October 10, 2012

I was staying at this property to deliver two keynote presentations for a wonderful professional association client. Due to the timing of the presentations, I needed a late check out. A really late check out- 3pm! I spoke with Matt at the front desk and offered to pay for the extra 3 hours. He afforded me the late check out at 3 pm and did so at no charge. I was so impressed! And I stay at alot of hotels for work. Also, Josh at the front desk was exceptional for his patience with my multitude of questions regarding how to get to the right elevator for the plaza towers, walking directions to specific stores on 16th street and times for the Super Shuttle. (Note: The Super Shuttle is SUPPOSED to arrive at this property every 15 minutes to take passengers to the airport. Do not rely on this! I waited 37 minutes. The hotel was preparing to pay for the cab when the shuttle finally arrived! I understand that the shuttle is not actually part of the hotel operations but I would be 'in discussions' with them if I were the hotel mgr.) The only negative I experienced- the employees of the gift shop. As I entered they were having a loud discussion that ' they are NOT owned by this hotel and they are not going to ....blah blah.' They made little effort to stop this discourse with me in this very little shop. Maybe another opportunity to 'be in discussions' with this vendor too?!

Room Tip: I was on the 20th floor overlooking 16th street. Very pretty. However, because windows are single pa...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
SheratonDenver, General Manager at Sheraton Denver Downtown Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2012

Dear JerseyGirlTulsa: We are pleased you enjoyed your overall stay with us. We are glad we were able to accommodate your late check out and hope that your presentations went well. We do apologize that the SuperShuttle was running late and appreciate your patience. We hope you still arrived at the airport on time. It is also disappointing to hear that your visit in our gift shop did not provide the level of service we expect from each of our team members. Thank you for your comments and we hope you will choose to stay with us again during your next visit to community.

Reviewed October 10, 2012

I met a friend that was attending a conference here for a few days. We stayed in the plaza section which provided zero view, which was disappointing after viewing the photos on their website that showed a room with a mountain view. The room was large, but there was a "dressing area" that was a total waste of space. They could have used that to make the bathroom larger. The mirror in the bathroom hung over the water faucet knobs and the counter top did not extend to the wall which made items easy to fall off. After paying $200 (conference price) for the room, we had to pay for internet service in the room and for the bottle water in the room. It would have been nice to have a refrigerator so we could purchase our own water at Walgreen's! The beds were very comfortable, but the pillows were horrible. I used 3 and still it was flat. We had an issue with the A/C and called the front desk. The maintenance people were very prompt and friendly. Seemed it just needed to be reset. The location is great and nice to be on the 16th street mall, but I felt uncomforable going out alone and NEVER at night. (It was a little creepy. No fault of the Sheraton though). All in all, if you must stay downtown, this is a fine choice, but be prepared for no view and to be nickled and dimed.

Room Tip: ask for a tower room with a mountain view - otherwise you may end up in the plaza looking at the top...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends

Dear jntgriff: We are disappointed to hear you did not completely enjoy your stay with us. During your next stay we encourage you to request a room on a higher floor, which may offer a view you will enjoy more. Additionally, please let us know you would like a refrigerator brought to your room and we will provide one at no charge. Our goal is to make every guest feel welcome and comfortable. Please let us know what we can do for you during your next stay to make your stay more enjoyable.

Reviewed October 9, 2012

This hotel was nice. Nothing that made it great. It was very confusing parking and getting to the area of the hotels reserved from Hotwire booking. You could not get into the parking gate with hotel card. Could not get anyone to answer buzzing them. The next day we told the desk and was told it didnt work with the card. It would have saved a big headache.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
SheratonDenver, General Manager at Sheraton Denver Downtown Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2012

Dear denalipup: We apologize for the challenges you experienced with parking. Our guest services team members are able to assist you with paring your room for your parking expenses or perhaps for your next visit you may opt to utilize our valet services. We hope to welcome you back to our community should your travels bring you to our Mile High City.

Reviewed October 9, 2012

The location is great - right on the 16th street mall that has a free shuttle to everything there. Also close to a bus line that will take you...anywhere. I took it to the Cherry Creek Mall to see a movie - very easy to navigate. I am a loyal SPG customer so I will always stay in those hotels and this was a pretty standard Sheraton. Nice rooms. I was in the tower building on the club floor. Despite what I THOUGHT, drinks were not complimentary (alcohol) but food was. Breakfast was nice as were the evening snacks. Overall I had a nice stay and would recommend this hotel to people.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

Dear ameristralian: Thank you for your loyalty to the Starwood Preferred Guest program. We are pleased you were able to explore the community. Our location on the 16th Street Mall is great as tourist attractions and activities are just outside our door. We even have a movie theatre in the Denver Pavilions, which is right next door. It would be our pleasure to welcome you back to Denver soon.

Reviewed October 8, 2012

Had a fine stay here for two nights while visiting Denver on business. It's a good location, right on the 16th street mall.

There are two separate buildings which are connected under the street, by crossing the street, and by a bridge from the second floors.

I stayed in the tower building where the pool and fitness center were located. Both the pool and fitness center looked nice, though I didn't have time to use them this stay.

Check in was a breeze and I was soon in a nice sized room with a king bed and a mountain view.

No problems at all with this pleasant stay.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo

Dear emjsea: It's wonderful to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and had a chance to explore our hotel and the local Denver community. We hope you will choose to stay with us again the next time you are in town for business or pleasure.

Reviewed October 7, 2012

I was here a while back for a conference. Great location, great staff, really nice rooms (though I was in the updated tower. Others in my party were in rooms that were not updated. I seem to remember that they had nicer views, though.) The restaurants are also great. Yard House is awesome! Overall the hotel had a really classy, updated feel. The gym was nice and airy (I hate claustrophobic hotel gyms) as well. All the catered food at the conference was delicious as well. And I slept like a baby in that bed! I'd recommend this hotel to anyone who wants a nice hotel on the 16th st mall.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business

Dear J H: It is wonderful to hear that you and your coworkers enjoyed your stay. We're pleased you were able to relax in our award winning Sheraton Sweet Sleeper beds and that you enjoyed the food in the Yard House. During your next stay, we recommend breakfast in 15|Fifty restaurant. We look forward to welcoming you back to our community again soon.

Reviewed October 7, 2012

Just note bc they won't tell you--fitness center is not free, and each box you ship cost $30 to "receive."

In my case, each box cost $30 to be received, to have the business center attendant repeatedly not get my name right, to tell me my boxes weren't here, to force me to check tracking and tell him they were, to have to wait so long that I had to open them in the business center, then to be told that I had to be in my room to have them taken up, despite the fact that I was leaving and about to be late bc they thought "didn't have my boxes", and that unfortunately, they close before I returned, and "there's nothing they can do for me."

They also let me know that "most hotels charge for receiving packages now." Sorry...I'm at hotels a few times a month, I always ship boxes, and literally have never paid for a box to be received.

The hotel isn't cheap. Nickel and dime-ing me on amenities was insult to injury. And it's not close enough to the convention center to be even a little worry it.

• Stayed: October 2012

Dear Shutchis: It is disappointing to hear that our amenities were not able to completely meet your needs. Our fitness center is a complimentary, state-of-the-art facility and is accessible for all our guests. Additionally, our business center is in accordance with our Starwood guidelines regarding the receiving and handling charges. We also do our best to be competitive with the local marketplace. We do apologize for the challenges you experienced as you tried to locate your packages. We are investigating the service that was lost during your experience. We hope you will give us the opportunity to prove that what you experienced is not the norm. It would be our pleasure to welcome you again soon.