“Nice hotel”

Sheraton Denver Downtown Hotel
Ranked #66 of 160 Hotels in Denver
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed October 9, 2012

This hotel was nice. Nothing that made it great. It was very confusing parking and getting to the area of the hotels reserved from Hotwire booking. You could not get into the parking gate with hotel card. Could not get anyone to answer buzzing them. The next day we told the desk and was told it didnt work with the card. It would have saved a big headache.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
SheratonDenver, General Manager at Sheraton Denver Downtown Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2012

Dear denalipup: We apologize for the challenges you experienced with parking. Our guest services team members are able to assist you with paring your room for your parking expenses or perhaps for your next visit you may opt to utilize our valet services. We hope to welcome you back to our community should your travels bring you to our Mile High City.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,513)

Reviewed October 9, 2012

The location is great - right on the 16th street mall that has a free shuttle to everything there. Also close to a bus line that will take you...anywhere. I took it to the Cherry Creek Mall to see a movie - very easy to navigate. I am a loyal SPG customer so I will always stay in those hotels and this was a pretty standard Sheraton. Nice rooms. I was in the tower building on the club floor. Despite what I THOUGHT, drinks were not complimentary (alcohol) but food was. Breakfast was nice as were the evening snacks. Overall I had a nice stay and would recommend this hotel to people.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

Dear ameristralian: Thank you for your loyalty to the Starwood Preferred Guest program. We are pleased you were able to explore the community. Our location on the 16th Street Mall is great as tourist attractions and activities are just outside our door. We even have a movie theatre in the Denver Pavilions, which is right next door. It would be our pleasure to welcome you back to Denver soon.

Reviewed October 8, 2012

Had a fine stay here for two nights while visiting Denver on business. It's a good location, right on the 16th street mall.

There are two separate buildings which are connected under the street, by crossing the street, and by a bridge from the second floors.

I stayed in the tower building where the pool and fitness center were located. Both the pool and fitness center looked nice, though I didn't have time to use them this stay.

Check in was a breeze and I was soon in a nice sized room with a king bed and a mountain view.

No problems at all with this pleasant stay.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo

Dear emjsea: It's wonderful to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and had a chance to explore our hotel and the local Denver community. We hope you will choose to stay with us again the next time you are in town for business or pleasure.

Reviewed October 7, 2012

I was here a while back for a conference. Great location, great staff, really nice rooms (though I was in the updated tower. Others in my party were in rooms that were not updated. I seem to remember that they had nicer views, though.) The restaurants are also great. Yard House is awesome! Overall the hotel had a really classy, updated feel. The gym was nice and airy (I hate claustrophobic hotel gyms) as well. All the catered food at the conference was delicious as well. And I slept like a baby in that bed! I'd recommend this hotel to anyone who wants a nice hotel on the 16th st mall.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business

Dear J H: It is wonderful to hear that you and your coworkers enjoyed your stay. We're pleased you were able to relax in our award winning Sheraton Sweet Sleeper beds and that you enjoyed the food in the Yard House. During your next stay, we recommend breakfast in 15|Fifty restaurant. We look forward to welcoming you back to our community again soon.

Reviewed October 7, 2012

Just note bc they won't tell you--fitness center is not free, and each box you ship cost $30 to "receive."

In my case, each box cost $30 to be received, to have the business center attendant repeatedly not get my name right, to tell me my boxes weren't here, to force me to check tracking and tell him they were, to have to wait so long that I had to open them in the business center, then to be told that I had to be in my room to have them taken up, despite the fact that I was leaving and about to be late bc they thought "didn't have my boxes", and that unfortunately, they close before I returned, and "there's nothing they can do for me."

They also let me know that "most hotels charge for receiving packages now." Sorry...I'm at hotels a few times a month, I always ship boxes, and literally have never paid for a box to be received.

The hotel isn't cheap. Nickel and dime-ing me on amenities was insult to injury. And it's not close enough to the convention center to be even a little worry it.

• Stayed: October 2012

Dear Shutchis: It is disappointing to hear that our amenities were not able to completely meet your needs. Our fitness center is a complimentary, state-of-the-art facility and is accessible for all our guests. Additionally, our business center is in accordance with our Starwood guidelines regarding the receiving and handling charges. We also do our best to be competitive with the local marketplace. We do apologize for the challenges you experienced as you tried to locate your packages. We are investigating the service that was lost during your experience. We hope you will give us the opportunity to prove that what you experienced is not the norm. It would be our pleasure to welcome you again soon.

Reviewed October 3, 2012

I am a repeat guest of this hotel. It does a lot of convention/conferences but, the Staff, MGMT, Service are Excellent especially in the Club Level. Even though this hotel is busy they keep on top of the maintenance. They have a large well equipped fitness center and they have a two nice pubs, Yard House and an Irish Pub Katie's attached. Well located within the city, right on the walking mall of the city and most places are an easy walk, don't need a taxi.

Room Tip: Try the Club Level. Also, ask for a room with a view of the Mountains.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
SheratonDenver, General Manager at Sheraton Denver Downtown Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2012

Dear currency: It is wonderful to hear you enjoy staying in our community. We appreciate your loyalty. Thank you for taking the time to let us know you had such a positive experience with our team members. We pride ourselves in making each of our guests feel welcome. We look forward to your next stay with us!

Reviewed October 2, 2012

Normally we stay exclusively at a competitor hotel but we came to town for the Denver Marathon and couldn't resist the smoking' deal offered at the Downtown Denver Sheraton through the Marathon. We're glad we tried it. Unfortunately they stuck us across the street in the adjacent (and connected by a bridge) tower that felt like staying in an office building rather than a hotel. We lost any sense of vibrancy of walking through the lobby, seeing the gift shop, etc. With that said the service was impeccable, the rooms good sized and while I was there for pleasure the room was well appointed for a business trip. The hotel is located at the Capitol Building end of the 16th Street Mall making it convenient to everything. A pet peeve: $9.95 minimum for WiFi when places like Motel 6 give it to you for free.

Room Tip: DO NOT stay in the tower across the street. Request the main hotel!
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family

Dear HospitalDude: We're pleased that you enjoyed our special location near the Capitol, right on the 16th Street Mall. During your next stay we encourage you to request a room in our Plaza building to be closer to the main lobby as well as the gift shop. Our Link @ Sheraton is also located in the lobby and offers complimentary Internet. Please feel free to take advantage of that amenity during your next stay. We look forward to welcoming you back to our community soon.