“Convention”

GreenLeadersSilver level
new jersey
“Convention”
Reviewed September 23, 2012

I went to a convention here Labor Day weekend. The location was great, concierge service was also very good. However, we booked 100+ rooms and internet service was still not free in the rooms, in 2012 when everyone needs internet for just about everything, I felt this was very petty of the Sheraton folks. They know you're going to pay the $9.99 or $14.99 whatever it was per day to be able to do business. Yes, internet was free in the business center just off the lobby but it was a pain to get the username and password from the front desk and have to log back in every 45 minutes.
Pool was nice, small but the footprint of the tower wasn't huge either. No jacuzzi, after walking around the city all day it would have been nice to be able to soak in a jacuzzi either at the pool or the fitness center but oh well. Some of the other women in my group complained about that also.
Overall a nice hotel but I probably would try a different location next time out there just to see how they compare. Sheraton just didn't wow me this time.

Room Tip: There are 2 towers connected by a skyway, to get above the 2nd floor where the skyway is located, yo...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank chrisx98
SheratonDenver, General Manager at Sheraton Denver Downtown Hotel, responded to this review, September 27, 2012
Dear chrisx98: Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We hope your conference was successful. We can assure you that our charge for guestroom Internet is competitive with other hotels in the Denver area. We are pleased you were able to take advantage of the complimentary Internet in the lobby at the Link @ Sheraton experienced with Microsoft. Additionally, we hope you enjoyed relaxing by the pool. We invite you to stay with us again the next time you are in Denver for business or pleasure.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (573)
  • Korean first
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed September 20, 2012

I booked on Hotwire & got a very very good deal, when I booked in the gentleman at the front desk treated me the same as if i paid full rate (which at some hotels isnt the case). We spent 2 nights there, the room was a nice size and well appointed, and very very clean which I appreciated. I cannot find any fault with my stay there.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear James J: It's wonderful to hear that you had such a positive experience with us. We look forward to seeing you the next time your travels bring you to our community.
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed September 20, 2012 via mobile

This hotel is located right on the 16th St. mall and has a terrific location with restaurants and coffee houses close by. Perfect for business, meetings and we can stay. The fitness center is absolutely massive probably 20,000 ft.² and has everything you could possibly want. The rooms are nice and remodeled but are pretty small. There are multiple restaurants right inside the hotel which makes it nice for meetings. I did not like that some of the meeting rooms or below ground level. the parking is very expensive at $30 for valet and $20 for self parking.

• Stayed September 2012
2 Thank Stevedenver033
Dear Stevedenver033: We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your overall stay for your meetings. It's wonderful to hear that you had the opportunity to take advantage of our state-of-the-art Fitness Center powered by Core Performance. We hope you were able to enjoy breakfast in 15|Fifty as well as the other restaurants in our hotel. Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to seeing you again soon.
Longmont, Colorado
Reviewed September 18, 2012

The hotel expressed concern about the availability of a room that would not require a lot of walking for me. They were very prompt in my registration and my departure. Outside signage for valet parking would have been nice. HATED the parking arage - too tight for today's vehicles.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Dear Hazel B: We are pleased to hear that overall your stay was comfortable and welcoming. Our valet team is located on the main circle at the front entrance of the hotel. They will be happy to assist you with your car the next time your travels bring you to our community. Thank you for sharing your experience with us and we look forward to welcoming you again.
Lustenau, Austria
Reviewed September 17, 2012

The hotel is located in the center of downtown, at the south end of 16th Pedestrian street. Restaurants are elevator ride away, we have twice eaten in the Irish one and it was very good. Continental breakfast at the lounge was good, fresh pastry, yogurt, fruits, coffee, orange juice, muesli, no complains here. Swimming pool is of decent size but not a lap pool, also located between the buildings and next to the hotel's air- conditioners what causes the place to be very windy, loud and shadowed most of the time.
Self-parking is available for 24$ per day - expensive.
Service - professional but lack of warmth and friendliness, the lady who was checking us made an impression that she could not care less whether we will stay in their hotel or not. Nor she was knowledgeable about benefits SPG program and this was essential as our booking was done using the SPG program and we had certain benefits that went with the booking. If we did not tell her what we are entitled to we would not get it. Key cards were constantly demagnetizing. And every time I went to the front desk to change them and I did not have my ID on me (I put my passport in the safe usually) I was pretty much interrogated as to prove that I really stayed in the hotel...name, address at home, email address, telephone number, etc. In the end, when did we check in? Seriously?
We have been assigned a suite as an upgrade (benefits of SPG program) and that was good although the layout was weird and the bedroom was not really seperated from the living area except the corridor. It was also relatively small, bathroom could fit one person with the closed door. Nonetheless, adequate for few nights.
My main complain is the noise. The hotel has single glazed windows. It is the first time I saw such since the time I stayed in old hotel in China. It was noisy. Very noisy. I am a light sleeper and despite a sweet sleeper bed that Sheraton is famous for, I have maybe slept 3 hours the first night. Second night I had to put on ear plugs to get at least couple of hours sleep. My 2 years old son who usually sleeps like a stone was waking up several times the first night because of the street noise. Second night we moved his crib as far as possible from the window and built some insulation from pillows and chairs, that helped a bit. I do not understand how come the 4 star hotel can still have old, single glazed windows. Especially in the middle of the city and in the climate that guarantees cold and severe winters as well as scorching temperatures in the summer. We did not complain about it since what can be done? We were already in the room facing"quiet" side...
Summarizing, I would not stay there again. There are other hotels downtown, maybe more expensive or within the same price which would deliver more pleasant experience. Additionally, when comparing with the stay in Motor Inns like Hampton Inn, etc, one has to start wondering what we pay double for in the famous brand hotels...

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Dear Magdalena Z: Thank you for your loyalty to the Starwood Preferred Guest program and for taking the time to let us know about your experience with us. It's wonderful to hear that you enjoyed Katie Mullen's Irish Pub during your stay. The next time you choose to stay with us, we encourage you to enjoy breakfast in our 15|Fifty Restaurant. It's was disappointing to hear that your experience with checking in as a SPG member was not as easy as is expected. Typically, our guest services team members are quite knowledgeable and quick to apply the benefits to your stay. We do apologize for the inconvenience you faced with the demagnetizing room keys. It is our policy to confirm the identity of any person we give a key to both at check in and any time we provide a replacement key. This is one of the ways we try to keep our guests safe at all times. We appreciate your patience and understanding. We are disappointed to hear that you were not entirely comfortable in your executive suite. We do apologize that your family's rest was disturbed by the downtown noise while you were sleeping. Please do let us know when you are returning to the area and we can certainly request a room on a higher floor to assist with eliminating some of the downtown traffic sounds. We hope you were able to experience all that Denver has to offer. It would be our pleasure to welcome you back the next time you are in our community.

Travelers are raving about these Denver hotels

Houston, Texas
Reviewed September 17, 2012

This hotel is massive! Though it has a great location with a updated interior. My room was in the tower, across the street (accessed by a tunnel under the street). Room was clean, spacious and being in the tower was very quiet. TV had lots of channels, Starbucks coffee in room, good wireless reception and good amenities. Somewhat insipid show would be my only complaint. All my wake up calls came on time, which is rare. The fitness center is OUTSTANDING. Open 24 hours a day with lots of great equipment. Pub attached to the tower has good food, soup shop attached to tower has good food. I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: The tower rooms are like their own apartment building.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
SheratonDenver, General Manager at Sheraton Denver Downtown Hotel, responded to this review, September 20, 2012
Dear Summitsvs: We appreciate the time you took to let us know you enjoyed your experience with us. It would be our pleasure to welcome you back to our community again soon.
Seattle
Reviewed September 16, 2012

If you do decide to stay here, dont get a room in the tower... Its literally across the the street from the main hotel.. but that's not the end of it. Its also a remodeled office building. I usually ask for a king, and I got one this time.. problem was that the king bed took up about 75% of the room. This is supposed to be a business friendly hotel, room, and a preferred starwood room - there were only two outlets for electronics, not counting the bathroom outlets. HVAC is problematic as well. Sounded like a 747 taking off all night long.

Getting to the room is a bit of a hike or circuitous walk. Take elevator to concourse level, walk to another set of elevators about 1/2 block away and voila - you're in the tower.

Didnt have the opportunity to partake in any of the resturants or bars in the hotel, so cant comment on them. Did not get a wake up call as asked for - good thing cell phone was charged and used that as alarm clock.

I was finally told that if I wanted a larger room, I should have taken a double queen in the main hotel. So you future folks - keep that in mind if you have to stay here.

And finally - the wifi in the room was so sporadic, i found one spot in the room where i had a consistent 4 bars - unfortunately it was in the bathroom - at least there I had two outlets to plug my devices into. More and more I'm realizing to stay clear of the older Sheraton's.... Sorry, to be so blunt, but the management needs to understand the needs of the modern biz traveller.

Room Tip: Dont stay in the tower, and dont ask for a king.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Dear sergeik: Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. Our I.M. Pei Tower Building is special as it was designed by the world renowned I.M Pei as the first major development in any American city to combine a hotel, department store, parking and public space. The building was completed in 1960. The guestrooms and public spaces were recently part of a $70M dollar renovation though we understand being a historic building at times may not seem as apparent. We are disappointed to hear that your business needs were not met. During your next stay we encourage you to visit our Link @ Sheraton experienced with Microsoft to access complimentary WiFi, printing and a comfortable environment to connect with family, friends or co-workers. Our Club Lounge also offers a similar experience for our guests who choose to upgrade as well as our Starwood Preferred Guest members. We certainly hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to our community again soon.