“great location”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Phoenix
“great location”
Reviewed June 13, 2011

The restaurant on the roof had an amazing view of the city. the pool is an indoor pool, the gym in fantastic.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher floor room.
  • Stayed July 2010, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (573)
  • Korean first
Aspen, Colorado
Reviewed June 8, 2011

Your front desk Staff are so on it .I have been with Starwood for 20 years we use to Stay at the Denver westin But No Longer ! Because the Staff at your hotel Blows away there Staff.(Westin) They could use some training from your Staff . Excellent Staff my family stays at your hotel several times a year and thay all say nothing but great things. Westin not so much. Short note : I was there foe the U2 concert and your room service(late nite) was Slammed but the gentleman that delivered us Room sevice was excellent . Thank you for a Great stay! Laurie Alire'

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank larryalire
S Wales
Reviewed June 2, 2011

Stayed 3 night at the end of May/early June for a conference at a rate of $179 + $27 tax per night. This included wifi access.

The stand out feature of this hotel is the gym which is excellent, large with lots of kit in good condition. Other than that it's standard conference hotel. I was allocated an apparently larger corner room (which was large) and everything worked, was comfortable, etc. Wifi worked well.

The hotel is right on the 16th Street Mall and therefore there are plenty of eating and drinking options in the vicinity so I didn't use any of the hotel bars/breakfast/eating options.

Basically - no complaints & a good stay.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
Overland Park, Kansas
Reviewed May 20, 2011

I was there to meet with some people at the Insurance Department and the hotel was only about 2 blocks away. Very convenient since I had no car. However, the layout of the Pavillion building (two buildings make up the hotel... the Pavillion, where the driveway is and the Tower, accessible via skybridge across the street) is weird, making getting to a room in the middle of it very inconvenient and my room had no view, as was promised on their website... just the backside of the other section of the hotel... very disappointing.

Also, there were no washcloths in the room when I checked in and none added the next day... had to call for them.

Room service was fine in the evenings but unreliable in the mornings (didn't show up at all one morning and 40 minutes late the next one). I found the front desk staff to be friendly and helpful, but the housekeeping staff to be lacking in skills, though apparently nice enough.

The room was pretty average, but clean. Considerably overpriced, I thought, but, since it was work related, I had no car and the boss was picking up the tab, it was okay.

Wouldn't stay there as a "private citizen" though... not worth the price.

1 Thank TravelingJonesy
Fredericksburg, Virginia
Reviewed May 12, 2011

Stayed at the Sheraton as part of a conference. It was a wonderful experience. I stayed in a room with a king size bed. It was spacious and the bed was very comfortable. Staying in the non-tower building, I had no view out the window except of a non-existent courtyard in the middle of the hotel. But I don't worry abou the view much anyway.

Service at check in and check out was very nice. I was granted a late check out upon asking. The negatives I have are the cost of parking and having to pay in the room for internet.

The location is great, right on 16th street where there are many options for eating and drinking. The hotel has the Yard House and Katie Mullens (across the street) bars. Both are excellent and have great service. There's a Hard Rock and many other places to eat just down the street. With the service of the free bus, it's not that hard to get to Coors Field either.

Topeka, KS
Reviewed May 11, 2011

Oh where do I begin... well, at first I was excited to learn that my conference was located at this venue. The location is fabulous and is in walking distance to hundreds of shops and restaurants. If you don't want to walk, there is even a free shuttle. Fabulous! However, when i checked in, my room was stifling hot. I called down to the front desk and asked them to send maintenance up while I took advantage of their fitness center. When I returned from my workout, I found my a/c unit in pieces and no one was around. I called to the front desk to let them know I was back in the room and planning to shower before leaving for my meeting in about an hour. They assured me that maintenance would return after I'd left for my meeting. I stepped out of my shower wearing nothing but a towel on my head... when my door opened up and three maintenance men came walking in. Egads! I think we were ALL horrified. The good news was that the came bringing a new a/c unit which did finally cool down the room. However, the new unit clinked and clanked all night long and I haven't slept now for about three days. I did tell the front desk about the problem, but they didn't seem to get too worried about anything I've experienced here. Also, this hotel has a Green program where you can forego housekeeping and get a $5 voucher to one of their on-site shops and restaurants. I knew about the program, but honestly, i'd rather have housekeeping. I woke up the first morning and found a $5 voucher slid under my door. I took it back to the front desk to let them know that I wanted my room cleaned and that they could have their voucher back. I had to make two other requests that day at the front desk before my room was actually cleaned. Awful, simply awful. I travel a lot for business and stay at many hotels and was really quite astonished at what poor service I received at this Sheraton. I have another meeting in Denver in a couple of months, and I can assure you that we will select a different venue.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business

Travelers are raving about these Denver hotels

blue mountains
Reviewed May 10, 2011

We travel quite a bit and this is one of our favorites. Even though we booked online through a 'discount' site, we still got a Beautiful room on the 10th floor with a great view. Very nice front desk staff, quick service when we called for additional towels and comfy clean, clean suite. This is a Huge hotel that has two towers, each across the street from each other, so getting acclimated can take some concentration, but being disoriented can be fun too! Parking is spendy, but we would stay here again for sure.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple