“3 Visits so far, and excellent every time”

Fruition Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 3,108 Restaurants in Denver
Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Marion
Reviewed July 28, 2009

Friendly and cosy little restaurant. Food is absolutely excellent. Service is knowledgable and unintrusive. Fruition is always packed (for obvious reasons) so I'm not sure how they manage to keep the ambient noise level so low, but they do; it's very easy to chat. You may have to wait a little for a table even with reservation. For me, that just increases the feeling that you have come to somewhere special. One complaint - find room for an expresso machine, please!

Reviewed July 11, 2009

Beautiful, comfortable atmosphere. Genuine, warm service. Food was outstanding. If you're a fan of duck...even if you're NOT a fan of duck, you must try it if available. Not a big menu, but it didn't matter because every entreé was tempting. Varied starter salad options, I chose the summer melon salad with proscuitto-wrapped figs which was fantastic. Dessert (we chose carrot cake) was melt-in-your-mouth delicious. If I return to Denver, which I hope to do, I am absolutely coming back and I'm recommending Fruition to all family & friends.

1  Thank mkbaker
Reviewed May 28, 2009

We had dinner at Fruition on May 26. Both the food and the service were excellent. The menu is relatively limited (only 6-7 choices for each course), but all the items were tempting. For the first course, we settled on the beef carpaccio and the spring green garlic bisque with escargot. Both were well prepared and nicely presented. (See pictures.) For main courses, we had the ostrich loin (who can pass up ostrich?) and the duck breast with risotto. Again, they were perfectly prepared and beautifully served. Our desserts (sticky toffee cake and a chocolate cake) topped off a great meal.

The wine list was also limited, but thoughtfully chosen -- no "standards" here -- just a good variety of both domestic and international reds and whites. The waiter's suggestion of an Argentine Malbec (Decero) worked well with both main courses.

The only minor downside to the restaurant is the setting. The neighborhood is not as upscale as the restaurant. The interior of the restaurant is simple, but comfortable.

Service was friendly but unobtrusive -- a great balance.

I'd highly recommend Fruition.

1  Thank MichFoodnWineLover
Reviewed May 26, 2009

I came to visit Denver over Memorial Day weekend on a last minute trip. My friend made the reservation for 8:45PM. He is a “foody” and teaches culinary arts in Denver so I knew he would pick out a great place for dinner. However, we were not seated until about 9:15PM. I understand that this is a hot dining experience, so no worries there. The wine list was very impressive and we were able to try some nice whites while waiting outside for our table (this place is pretty small). I only gave 3 stars on service because it took them nearly 20 minutes to take our order after we were seated. Given that we had to wait 30 minutes for our table and had plenty of time to study the menu while we were waiting to be seated, we pretty much knew what we wanted.
The bread was excellent as was the butter with rock salt and tarragon I believe; nice flavor combo. I had the Duck with Risotto which I highly recommend. The portion was perfect and I savored every bite. A member of our party had fish and while I understand portions are not large in upper echelon dining establishments, this portion was ridiculously small; so 3 stars for value there.
Atmosphere and food were excellent. The hostess is amazing and has a great sense of humor!

1  Thank RJDTravels
Reviewed April 18, 2009

The food was unique and delicious. We ordered the braised rabbit pot pie and the blue crab crepe for appetizers, the steak (cottete?) and duck for dinner and the toffee cake and hazelnut chocolate cake for dessert. The meat was cooked perfectly and the portions were appropriate for fine dining. I have read some reviews that complained about only getting one piece of bread at a time and that the tables are too close, but that is typical of some fine dining restaurants. They don't want you to fill up on bread, but they will bring you as much as you need. As for the tables, this restaurant deserves to show off their food to as many people as they can fit. I will definitely patronize this wonderful gem of a restaurant again soon.

1  Thank MLevineColorado