“Eggplant as good as I've had”
Review of Osteria Marco

Osteria Marco
Reserve with OpenTable
Osteria Marco is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #18 of 3,135 Restaurants in Denver
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: 15th
Description: Opened in October 2007, Osteria Marco is intended to be the livelier, more playful younger brother to Frank Bonanno’s esteemed Italian eatery Luca. Guests are greeted at the top of a grand staircase by a cheese maker, deep in the throes of crafting burrata and charcuterie. At the bottom of the stairs, hundreds of bottles of wine line the walls and announce an affordable, yet progressive wine and spirits program. Whole roasted suckling pigs are the hallmark of Sunday evenings, and friendly engaging servers easily navigate diners through a thoughtful menu that runs a gamut from pizzas and panini to oven-fired shrimp, to crispy calamari and braised, lamb meatballs.
Reviewed January 15, 2012

We chose this restaurant due to its Tripadvisor rank. Very pleased overall. The cauliflower cream soup was delicious-best shared as it is made with cream and not on a weight watcher's diet--but so tasty! Wasn't crazy about the grilled artichoke-that method tends to dry it out-really no tender stuff to draw out of the base. The spinach salad was very decent. My wife's scallops with brussel sprouts and wonderful sauce was tops. But, the Eggplant Parnesan was so,so good. We ended up bringing 1/2 home to share again as it was too rich to eat at one sitting. The chocolate torte topped off this very enjoyable meal-made from scratch and very delicious. Look forward to a repeat visit!

Reviewed January 15, 2012

We had heard great things about Osteria Marco and wanted to visit back in October, but it was a long wait for a table (and on a Friday night, we should have expected that). Upon returning to Denver in December, we decided to try the restaurant again, as it was a Sunday night, but it was still incredibly busy and there wouldn't be a table available for at least 30 minutes, so we opted for a "communal table" which wasn't our first choice but turned out to be fine. For a Sunday night, we were surprised at how busy the place was - the service was a little slow but not terrible, as all of their tables were filled - but I am so glad we came here, even just for the food, which was amazing. We each had a drink (wine or beer) and split some pizzas and salads, and I thought everything was incredible. We were drinking the house red and loved it - for a house red, the wine was really good. The pizzas were some of the best gourmet pizza I've ever had, and they put such original, fresh and interesting ingredients on each one. Salads were also incredible. The only downside is how busy they are - I would either get there quite early or make reservations (I know someone else who has tried to eat here 3 separate times, but with no reservations, and has been unsuccessful every time). But all in all, I can't wait to go here again when I am in Denver!

Reviewed January 12, 2012

Our last night in Denver and we had tickets to see Lyle Lovett and just wanted to get some tasty appetizers before the show. We knew this place had rave reviews on TA so we tried it out. First of all, the bartenders were incredibly accommodating; as soon as I entered a very packed bar they could see I was looking for an open spot. He offered to take my coat to the coat check for me, then brought me the tag. The other bartender overheard me saying I was meeting my husband (he was at the theater buying the tickets to the show) and he came around the bar and asked 2 guests if they would mind moving over one stool so that we could fit in. How nice is that?! The only downside to the bar was there were too many seats, so everyone was literally elbow to elbow, and the stools were small round stools with no backs. Now to the food. They had complimentary olives and almonds at the bar during happy hour. We ordered the mussels with spicy Italian sausage and fennel. AMAZING! We love mussels & these were some of the best we've ever had. Because we were pressed for time, I ordered the duck appetizer and my husband got the chopped chicken salad. Both were wonderful. The duck was already pulled from the leg and tender and delicious. You could have made an incredible Cuban sandwich out of it! The salad was tasty and simple. I wished we could have stayed for dinner!

Reviewed January 6, 2012

We stopped for a before theater dinner by Osteria Marco. Service was excellent and mindful of our time limitations. Rather than order the main entrees, we put together a wonderful meal of various antipasti and pizza that everyone shared. The underground location may not suit everyone, but on a cold winter's evening, it was perfect. A definate choice to consider among the many options on Larimer Street.

Reviewed January 5, 2012

I recently tried Osteria Marco for Dinner with a few friends for the Holidays. The food was very unique and definitely a treat. Its hard to find restaurants with true character and this place definitely had character. It is on a street filled with restaurants but I would definitely recommend Osteria Marco to my friends.