“Clean! Lots of amenities! Pet friendly! Comfy beds!”

Quality Inn Central Denver
Ranked #77 of 156 Hotels in Denver
Portales, New Mexico
“Clean! Lots of amenities! Pet friendly! Comfy beds!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2014

Just visited Denver for a night's stay with my dog. This hotel is really nice - I love the 3 elevator system, I never had to wait more than a second (and the elevators are nice inside). Staff was friendly and provided me with a ninth-story room away from people as requested. The room was a smoking room because they were pretty booked up, but honestly I could barely even tell, the faint smell was gone a minute after I walked in. No balconies but giant windows, and a modern little coffee maker. A generous amount of towels in the bathroom, which was clean and perhaps recently renovated. There was no microwave or refrigerator in the room, which didn't inconvenience us this time around. There's a restaurant in house open from 5:00pm.. I appreciated the little slip of paper I was handed at check-in with the wi-fi password, breakfast times, and hotel amenities. It was unfortunate to see the "no marijuana" sign at check-in, but I realize the hotel has Choice brand standards to comply with. Overall a wonderful stay!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Beth M
MICHAEL P, Manager at Quality Inn Central Denver, responded to this review, June 10, 2014
Dear Guest,

We were pleased to see that you enjoyed your visit with us, and that we were able to accommodate your pet. We are glad that you found our staff to be friendly, and that you found the rooms to be clean and comfortable.

We hope that you enjoyed the complimentary full hot breakfast, as we feel that it is excellent. We hope that you enjoyed other amenities that we offer such as the free shuttle service to downtown Denver, free Wi-Fi service, and an outdoor pool that is now open for the summer.

We Thank You for choosing our hotel to stay at, and we hope to see you again in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (150)
Sioux City, Iowa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2014

This hotel is conveniently located near downtown. It is close to Coors Field, Mile High Stadium, Pepsi Center, Auraria Campus , and downtown but is much cheaper than the downtown prices. It is easy to get around if you know Denver or if you have GPS but might be tricky to find otherwise. The staff is very friendly, the rooms are clean, and the "free breakfast" is standard hotel fare. They have a restaurant/ bar on the property but it is only open in the evening. There is a Village Inn next door that is open for breakfast or lunch. They have a small outdoor pool and work out area has only a few pieces, but I wasn't here for either of those amenities. The parking lot is well lit. Overall, I had a pleasant stay and would not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

We were glad to see that you enjoyed your visit to our hotel, and that our staff was friendly and the rooms were clean and comfortable.

We hope that you enjoyed the complimentary full hot breakfast, and also hope that you were able to use the free shuttle service to downtown Denver where we stop at several pre-designated spots.

Mumbai
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2014 via mobile

The hotel is near cross section of major highways and also has railway yard next to it. it is not a convenient location and may not want to venture out late in the evenings. The hotel rates included breakfast. Breakfast spread can be better. The hotel is undergoing renovation but ee got the room with newly laid out carpet. Hotel staff is very helpful. Hotel provides free shutt within a radius of 4 moles and er used the same to go to downtown.
The hotel haz a small gym and a smsll swimmt pool but the swimming pool was under repairs.
We didn't repent our decision to chose this hotel as hotel staff tried to make our stay comfortable.
But if I am travelling next time with my wife I would prefer to stay in a hotel in a better place.

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Sanjeev_2
Dear Guest,

We apologize that you were not completely satisfied with the location of our hotel, but are glad that you were able to take advantage of our free shuttle service to downtown Denver where we stay at several pre-designated stops.

We were glad that you found the room to your satisfaction, and that you found our staff to be friendly and helpful.

We Thank You for choosing our hotel to stay at, and we hope that you will give us another opportunity in the future so that we can show you that we want and deserve your future business.
Colorado Springs, Colorado
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2014

We have stayed at this hotel a few times when we come to the area for a Rockies game. They have been in the process of renovating, and have done some nice things since our last stay. The front desk staff was much friendlier and attentive than our previous stays. During our previous stays if I need to tell the front desk clerk something, he always acted like I was bothering him and totally blew me off. The breakfast is fantastic and worth the stay. The hotel also offers a shuttle service to and from the game which is one of the main reasons we stay here. After the game last night, the driver came and completely overloaded the van with people. While I appreciate the fact he was trying to get us all back to the hotel in a timely manner, I'm sure we were breaking all kinds of traffic laws. There were 19 people in this van, and sitting on each other's laps. Overall, the stay was nice, the breakfast delicious, and the room nicely renovated. We will be back for our next baseball adventure.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

We were very pleased to see that you continue to visit our hotel when you come to Denver to go to the Rockies games. We are glad that you found the hotel to be even nicer on this visit, and the front desk staff to be much more friendly and attentive than on past visits.

We are glad that you were able to use our free shuttle service to downtown Denver where we stop at several pre-designated spots including Coors field. We do apologize that the driver overloaded the van, and will discuss this with them for future trips.

We are glad that you enjoyed the complimentary full hot breakfast that we offer every morning, as we also feel that it is excellent.

We Thank You for your continued business, and look forward to your next visit with us.
Pondicherry, India
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2014

The rooms are very comfortable and clean and have all the basic amenities that one can ask for, including coffee/tea maker and an ironing board. I was on the 2nd floor, and the view of Denver downtown was fantastic. Although it is a little out of the way, the shuttle service more than makes up for it. Denver downtown is about ten minutes by shuttle, and they even come and pick you up. The breakfast is tasty but the menu was the same for the entire week that I stayed. Perhaps the management can look into providing a little more variety. Although my interaction with the staff was mostly pleasant, at the time of checkout, me and my lady colleague (who was asthmatic) had to lug 7 pieces of heavy suitacases and bags by ourselves, as there were no bellboys around and the man at front desk refused to lend a helping hand, saying it was not his job. However, I had a pleasant stay and would recommend this hotel to anyone who is not very particular about the frills or courtesies of a 5-star hotel.

Room Tip: If you want the shuttle to pick you up from somewhere, call the hotel about 10-15 minutes in advance...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

We were pleased to see that you found the rooms to be clean and comfortable, with all the amenities including coffee/tea maker and free Wi-Fi service.

We apologize that you had a problem on check-out, as we do not have bellboys on staff, but the front desk staff or security still could have helped. We will check into this matter for the future. We were glad to see that you enjoyed the complimentary full hot breakfast, and that you were also able to use the free shuttle service to downtown Denver where we stop at several designated locations.

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2014 via mobile

This hotel should be shut down. From the nasty personnel working there to the nasty rooms. It's in a horrible area and I wouldn't recommend this place to my worst enemy. The train keeps you up all night and so does the constant door slamming. Don't even try to use the heat or a/c. It is so old and it makes the loudest clanking noise that there is no way you could sleep with it on. Our bathroom was disgusting. Pubic hair and urine everywhere. Just do yourself a favor and stay somewhere else.

Stayed April 2014
1 Thank Brittbritt2304
Dear Guest,

We apologize that you were not satisfied with your visit to our hotel. We certainly hope that you discussed any problems that you had during your stay, with a member of management before you left the hotel. I am sure that they would have done their best to be sure that you left completely satisfied.

We will certainly discuss with housekeeping and the maintenance staff the problems that you seemed to experience in your room.

We do Thank You for choosing our hotel to stay at, and we hope that we have another opportunity in the future to show you that we want and deserve your business.
Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2014

At first I was a bit skeptical, the hotel is older and not as fancy as some I have stayed at. However, I was quickly won over by the friendliest and helpful staff ever! I checked in very stressed as I had misplaced my cell phone at the airport. The front desk made the necessary changes to allow me to make long distant phone calls without the usual high rates. I was also able to check in early because there was a room available. The room was clean and comfy with a pillow comforter and pillows. Although not downtown, I had a lovely view of downtown Denver and the friendly shuttle staff made it easy to get anywhere I needed to go, including to the store directly after check in because I had forgotten some items. The breakfast buffet was perfect, a nice hot breakfast gave me a great start to the day. I will always stay here when I visit Denver!

Room Tip: I liked the eight floor with the city view!
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Dear Guest,

We were very pleased to see that you enjoyed your visit to our hotel, and that our staff did a great job in making sure that you were fully satisfied. We were happy that you found the room to be clean and comfortable.

We were also pleased to see that you enjoyed the complimentary full hot breakfast, and that you were able to use our free shuttle service to downtown Denver, where we stop at several pre-designated locations.