“Decent Stay”

Quality Inn Central Denver
Ranked #81 of 158 Hotels in Denver
Reviewed May 4, 2014

We have stayed at this hotel a few times when we come to the area for a Rockies game. They have been in the process of renovating, and have done some nice things since our last stay. The front desk staff was much friendlier and attentive than our previous stays. During our previous stays if I need to tell the front desk clerk something, he always acted like I was bothering him and totally blew me off. The breakfast is fantastic and worth the stay. The hotel also offers a shuttle service to and from the game which is one of the main reasons we stay here. After the game last night, the driver came and completely overloaded the van with people. While I appreciate the fact he was trying to get us all back to the hotel in a timely manner, I'm sure we were breaking all kinds of traffic laws. There were 19 people in this van, and sitting on each other's laps. Overall, the stay was nice, the breakfast delicious, and the room nicely renovated. We will be back for our next baseball adventure.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
MICHAEL P, Manager at Quality Inn Central Denver, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2014

Dear Guest,

We were very pleased to see that you continue to visit our hotel when you come to Denver to go to the Rockies games. We are glad that you found the hotel to be even nicer on this visit, and the front desk staff to be much more friendly and attentive than on past visits.

We are glad that you were able to use our free shuttle service to downtown Denver where we stop at several pre-designated spots including Coors field. We do apologize that the driver overloaded the van, and will discuss this with them for future trips.

We are glad that you enjoyed the complimentary full hot breakfast that we offer every morning, as we also feel that it is excellent.

We Thank You for your continued business, and look forward to your next visit with us.

There are newer reviews for Quality Inn Central Denver

Reviewed May 4, 2014

The rooms are very comfortable and clean and have all the basic amenities that one can ask for, including coffee/tea maker and an ironing board. I was on the 2nd floor, and the view of Denver downtown was fantastic. Although it is a little out of the way, the shuttle service more than makes up for it. Denver downtown is about ten minutes by shuttle, and they even come and pick you up. The breakfast is tasty but the menu was the same for the entire week that I stayed. Perhaps the management can look into providing a little more variety. Although my interaction with the staff was mostly pleasant, at the time of checkout, me and my lady colleague (who was asthmatic) had to lug 7 pieces of heavy suitacases and bags by ourselves, as there were no bellboys around and the man at front desk refused to lend a helping hand, saying it was not his job. However, I had a pleasant stay and would recommend this hotel to anyone who is not very particular about the frills or courtesies of a 5-star hotel.

Room Tip: If you want the shuttle to pick you up from somewhere, call the hotel about 10-15 minutes in advance...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

We were pleased to see that you found the rooms to be clean and comfortable, with all the amenities including coffee/tea maker and free Wi-Fi service.

We apologize that you had a problem on check-out, as we do not have bellboys on staff, but the front desk staff or security still could have helped. We will check into this matter for the future. We were glad to see that you enjoyed the complimentary full hot breakfast, and that you were also able to use the free shuttle service to downtown Denver where we stop at several designated locations.

We Thank You for choosing our hotel to stay at, and we hope to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed May 1, 2014 via mobile

This hotel should be shut down. From the nasty personnel working there to the nasty rooms. It's in a horrible area and I wouldn't recommend this place to my worst enemy. The train keeps you up all night and so does the constant door slamming. Don't even try to use the heat or a/c. It is so old and it makes the loudest clanking noise that there is no way you could sleep with it on. Our bathroom was disgusting. Pubic hair and urine everywhere. Just do yourself a favor and stay somewhere else.

Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank Brittbritt2304

Dear Guest,

We apologize that you were not satisfied with your visit to our hotel. We certainly hope that you discussed any problems that you had during your stay, with a member of management before you left the hotel. I am sure that they would have done their best to be sure that you left completely satisfied.

We will certainly discuss with housekeeping and the maintenance staff the problems that you seemed to experience in your room.

We do Thank You for choosing our hotel to stay at, and we hope that we have another opportunity in the future to show you that we want and deserve your business.

Reviewed April 28, 2014

At first I was a bit skeptical, the hotel is older and not as fancy as some I have stayed at. However, I was quickly won over by the friendliest and helpful staff ever! I checked in very stressed as I had misplaced my cell phone at the airport. The front desk made the necessary changes to allow me to make long distant phone calls without the usual high rates. I was also able to check in early because there was a room available. The room was clean and comfy with a pillow comforter and pillows. Although not downtown, I had a lovely view of downtown Denver and the friendly shuttle staff made it easy to get anywhere I needed to go, including to the store directly after check in because I had forgotten some items. The breakfast buffet was perfect, a nice hot breakfast gave me a great start to the day. I will always stay here when I visit Denver!

Room Tip: I liked the eight floor with the city view!
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo

Dear Guest,

We were very pleased to see that you enjoyed your visit to our hotel, and that our staff did a great job in making sure that you were fully satisfied. We were happy that you found the room to be clean and comfortable.

We were also pleased to see that you enjoyed the complimentary full hot breakfast, and that you were able to use our free shuttle service to downtown Denver, where we stop at several pre-designated locations.

Reviewed April 27, 2014

Hotel room was clean,but a bit out dated. The hotel is going through some remodeling. When we were there, they were painting the outside and I heard a worker say they're in the process of updating the rooms as well. The location is good, easy access to main roads and close to downtown. The breakfast (included in room price) was good, with eggs, potatoes, fruit, waffles, biscuits & gravy, muffins, etc. Accessing the hotel is a bit weird as you have to come at it in an odd way and then across train tracks. While I had requested a room away from the train, when we arrived one wasn't available for a smoking room (9th floor is all smoking rooms). I thought it could be an issue being disturbed at night by the train, but I never heard it once. The room walls are cement, which really helped avoid hearing noise from neighboring guests. The beds were comfortable. The cleaning staff was attentive. Only had one dealing with management and he was as accommodating as he could be. The desk clerk was very pleasant and helpful with advise. The time we were there they were very booked, but had sufficient staff to handle it and everything seemed to function smoothly., I did order dinner one evening from their lounge (and took it back to my room to eat) and it was decent. The appetizers were a good price for the quantity received. Overall I was pleased. I would recommend this hotel to others looking for a good budget hotel, that included breakfast and had easy access to area destinations.

Room Tip: Rooms either face train tracks or mountains, make sure you try to request a mountain view when booki...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family

Dear Guest,

We were pleased to see that you enjoyed your visit to our hotel, and that our staff did a great job for you during your visit. We were happy that you enjoyed the complimentary full hot breakfast, as we feel that it is excellent.

We hope that you had an opportunity to use our free shuttle service to downtown Denver, where we stop at several pre-designated locations. We were glad that you enjoyed the dinner that you took back to your room.

We do appreciate that you chose to stay at our hotel, and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed April 27, 2014

We liked the rooms, they are big and confortable. Breakfast area is big and serve all basics. For the price we were very pleased. It is , no doubt, complicated to get ther if it is your first time, however nowadays with a GPS there is no problem.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family

Dear Guest,

We were happy to see that you enjoyed your visit to our hotel and that you found the rooms to be big and comfortable. We were also pleased that you enjoyed the complimentary full hot breakfast, that we offer our guests every morning.

We hope that you had a chance to use our free shuttle service to downtown Denver, where we stop at several pre-designated locations.

Reviewed April 24, 2014

The rooms have modern furniture, new carpets and comfortable beds. The breakfast area was a little small for the number of guests who stay at the property, making it a bit hard to maneuver through everyone.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank honestrealreviews

Dear Guest,

We were pleased that you found the rooms to have modern furniture, new carpets and comfortable beds. We apologize that the breakfast area was crowded in the morning, but we hope that you enjoyed the complimentary full hot breakfast, as we feel that it is excellent.

We hope that you were able to use the free shuttle service to downtown Denver where we stop at several pre-designated locations.