“Best Value. I recommend it and I will be back.”

Quality Inn Central Denver
Ranked #80 of 157 Hotels in Denver
Houston, Texas
“Best Value. I recommend it and I will be back.”
Reviewed October 24, 2012

I'm a business travel warrior that stays on Choice Hotels every week. I tried this one for the price but it turn out to be the best Quality Inn in the country. i stayed three nights and the room was clean and comfy, the breakfast was the very best I have tried on a Choice Hotels location, it is located just by downtown. The staff was very nice as well. I will be back here for sure the next time I'm in town!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (151)
AVON
Reviewed October 18, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here 2 nights at the end of a 16-day trip in the West. This was one of the best hotels we stayed at. It is very clean, the staff is friendly and knowledgable, and the breakfast was awesome (eggs, ham, cottage cheese, waffles, cereal, pastries). The water pressure in the bathroom was also terrific, which I can't say for many of the hotels where we stayed, but I could say this here. This hotel is not in the heart of downtown Denver, but we found that restful. The hotel parking is free, and you can either take the the hotel's free shuttle downtown, which was very easy to use, or drive yourself if you have a rental car. We very much enjoyed our stay and found it a great value for $63 a night!

Stayed October 2012
Smyrna, Georgia
Reviewed October 18, 2012

One should keep in mind my choices for my meeting. Most of my hotel selections were $300+/night selections. I was not interested in spending so much and got a room for three nights at $115/night. It was a bargain for proximity to the Colorado Convention Center.

I attended the ACEP Scientific Assembly from Oct 8-11, 2012. I arrived 8am that morning and was able to leave my luggage in storage. The Hotel allowed me to use the shuttle to attend my meetings before I had officially checked in. The Hotel also picked me up from the Convention Center after my first conference day was over and before I had officially checked in.

The hotel is in a decidedly industrial area, with a nearby residential area. This is the main downside of the hotel. The hotel is about 2.8 mi from the Colorado Convention Center, but probably closer to 4mi by vehicle. Not knowing anything more about the area, I would not try to walk to get downtown.

The exterior has a bit dated paint scheme, but it is well-kept. There is a prominently labeled "Security Van" on the premises. I had a rental vehicle during the time I was there, but really didn't need it because of the utility of the shuttle service.

The hotel seems to know that the shuttle service is an important service for them. They will use two shuttle vans during heavy travel periods. If there are a large number of people headed for the Colorado Convention Center, they will continue shuttling until all have been transported. Otherwise, they will run the shuttle at the top of every hour, on average. They normally stop shuttling until 9pm, but for my conference, they kept the shuttles going until 10pm. They picked me up from one of my reception sites, The Tavern, at 10pm. I was grateful.

The morning breakfast buffet is very adequate and satisfies! There are belgan waffles, fruit, meat, and eggs. Western condiments of green chili and salsa were welcome. It did not change significantly while I was there. There was adequate comfortable seating and I met some other conference attendees while I was there.

Shortly after I checked in, I found that the room handle had fallen to the floor. I found the tightening pin on the floor as well and was able to get back in. I notified the front desk about this occurrence, and by the time I had returned, the room handle was firmly re-affixed.

The rooms are reasonably spacious, clean, and well kept. I had a double-double room. The styling is perhaps a little spartan, but the amenities were plentiful. Free parking and WiFi are most important to me. There was also a hair dryer, coffee maker, refrigerator, and microwave in my non-smoking room. There was an abundance of pillows. The room was kept clean to a fault during my stay.

I think there was one time where I had to wait for an hour or so for the shuttle. That was the only time where they fell down. If one is traveling singly, and then there is a natural tendency to place transport at a lower priority. When I was traveling in a group with common needs, the transport was never a problem.

For the price, I considered the hotel a bargain at $115 a night. I was very happy with my stay. I understand that others have got rooms for cheaper, and one might consider looking for the lower prices over a period of several weeks, days, and web sites.

Room Tip: Look for prices as low as $50+/night. They have occasional sales. Other reviewers have found $50...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
High Wycombe, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 18, 2012

I recently stayed at the Quality Inn Central Denver (three times over the space of one month) and I found this hotel to be excellent in all respects. The staff were outstanding and really could not have done more for us, the shuttle bus and it's drivers were great, really freindly and very helpful, the breakfast was really great. You are aout 10 minutes drive from Downtown Denver, but this means it a bit quieter here and you have the facility of the Shuttle bus which runs on the hour every hour between about 8am and 11pm. Although we didn't eat in the restaurant in the evening, the food that was coming out of the kitchen looked great. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a great hotel at a great rate!!

Room Tip: All rooms here have a distant view of the mountains
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Ronnie R
georgia02
Reviewed October 9, 2012 via mobile

Had a wonderful stay! Checked in late at night and checked out early next morning but the breakfast was more than your normal cereal and waffles very nice selection of other hot items...we got this room for $56 directly through the hotel website....awesome deal.

• Stayed October 2012
Reno, Nevada
Reviewed September 30, 2012

This was a business trip and I stayed for just over a week. Location is very good and the rooms are clean and well maintained. Staff is friendly and made my stay very pleasant. The restaurant downstairs serves ok food, nothing stellar, however, there is a Village Inn next door which is dynamite! :)

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed September 29, 2012 via mobile

Unfortunately my brother was in a severe accident earlier this week, so a relative and myself tried to find a hotel at last minute to get there as quick as possible. I typed in to find the one "nearest" to the hospital that he's in. This hotel was about 7 miles away, had the best reviews and is right off of the highway. I always, always, ALWAYS read reviews. From previously working for the choice hotel chain, and now working for a company (CLC) I deal with and see a lot of issues with hotels! I always look for certain qualities and have high standards I guess.. And I have nothing but good things to say about this property. After the 9 hr drive-our check in was fast and friendly. Room was clean. The shower worked fine. Breakfast was out of a buffet, which is nice (more to choose from than most). During breakfast a lovely lady (manager?) stopped by to say good morning and see how we were. It was relieving coming back from a long day of hard chairs in a waiting room coming back "home" to a clean hotel room. Check out was quick also.. It's little things like that that I admire, keep it up guys. Not sure if you accept CLC guests but we'd love to have a hotel like you partnered with us if you already don't! Either way, I'll definitely see you again in a few weeks!!

• Stayed September 2012