“Good place, good price”

Ranked #77 of 157 Hotels in Denver
Madison, Wisconsin
“Good place, good price”
Reviewed September 4, 2012

Very good experience at this hotel. The staff was professional, breakfast was great, and the room was CLEAN! It was a bit difficult to get to from downtown. The facility is in need of some updating in my opinion, but that did not take away from our experience. We would definately stay here again! :)

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank sdkfugheriouthilk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (150)
Bologna, Italy
Reviewed August 28, 2012

High quality hotel, huge breakfast, easy to get from Ft. Collins, slighty more complicated from downtown. Cleaned but noisy the night we were there because there was a sport event on TV in the lounge and people stayed awake late!

New York City, New York
Reviewed August 27, 2012

Hotel smells like a geriatric home.
Restaurant does not have much of a selection at all, especially if you make it a point to not eat crappy foods.
Now, on to my main issue:
I was awaiting a few packages--all replacement credit cards and my drivers' license, because I had lost my wallet at the airport--and informed four desk attendants, at different times, that the parcels would be arriving UPS. Coincidentally, I met the UPS guy on my way out on our second morning, and signed for the first package. My second package was supposed to arrive the same day, and I asked both people at the front desk later in the afternoon if it had arrived. I was informed that it had not. My boyfriend left his information and our room number with the front desk because the third package to be delivered was for him, and we thought it would help in avoiding any confusion, since my name was on the room. Boy, was I wrong.
Later in the afternoon I called the credit card company and they said the second credit card had been delivered. Worried that it had been lost in transit somewhere, I cancelled the "delivered" card and was told to expect a new one the next day.
Early afternoon the next day my boyfriend received two packages, one of them being the "delivered" package from the day before. The package that the front desk claimed had never arrived. The package containing the credit card that I had to cancel, for fear that it had been mis-delivered. Having to wait for the replacement cards and the drivers' license had already delayed our plans, but we were in good spirits because we knew our credit card company and UPS would not disappoint in fulfilling their duties.
However, we were extremely annoyed when we found out that the hotel had had the package all along. When we asked how could this oversight have occured--we checked in with the front desk at lest three times a day--the woman said "Oh, we didn't know who the package was addressed to, since his name isn't on the room". Well, what about the note that we handed to the woman at the front desk yesterday afternoon, the one with all of my boyfriend's information including his phone number. "Oh, I don't know. I didn't see a note". And yet she was able to call us, on my boyfriend's phone. Perhaps it was because she saw the note, or else how was she able to contact us.
What it boils down to is no one ever actually checked for the package. Or they were so disorganized that they couldn't find packages that had been delivered. Or it could be a combination of the two, and they are simply incompetent.
In short, I would not stay at this hotel again. However, if you don't mind the smell of a nursing home, greasy non-nutritious food and an incompetent front desk, then be my guest.
PS, on my way out, they bribed me to leave a good reveiw by offering a $10 rebate/coupon. Therefore, take all of these "Excellent"! reviews with a grain of salt.

Room Tip: Stay at another hotel.
1 Thank ABS011380
quality_raj, General Manager at Quality Inn Central Denver, responded to this review, September 5, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for staying with us and giving us being your host while you were in the Denver. I really very sorry to hear that you had some trouble with your shipment.
I could completely imagine your frustration and the inconvenience you went through during your stay with us. I apologize to you on behalf of whole team for whole confusion and inconvenience.
However i would also like to mention that we don't accept any shipment if they are not matching with our guest list.
We do it to protect both parties from any kind of liability of receiving unknown packages. This was exactly happen with you. Our front kept denying the package because it wasn't under the same name as the room was registered into.
We always encourage our guest to call us ahead of shipping for any advise on it instead sending to the hotel without having proper information knowing our shipping policy.
Also, i would like you inform you that we don't bribe any of our guest for the good reviews . They all are our genuine guest and they are happy with us so they decide to give us good reviews.
We did $10 promotion to encourage our guest to give us review about our service.

Again i would like to say sorry that we could meet your expectation last time but if decide to stay with us in future please feel free to contact me.
We will always look forward to meet you again as our guest.
Thanks!
West Jordan, Utah, United States
Reviewed August 27, 2012

We recently went to Denver for a Broncos game. We looked on hotels.com and read dozens of reviews at tons of hotels. Many reviews scared me away. We wanted a hotel with a shuttle to the game to avoid traffic. This hotel takes you to many destinations within 5 miles for FREE. The hotel was very clean. The beds are awesome! The bed felt new, it had a down quilt. So so comfy!! I have NEVER slept so well in a hotel. There was a little road noise, but with the a/c on, we didn't hear the cars. Speaking of a/c, it was not your typical noisy unit attached to the wall. It was vented through the walls, just like in a house. It was much quieter and worked very well. The bed sheets seemed brand new, the pillows were really cushy. We were nervous about the price of this hotel, but ended up being very pleasantly surprised!! The staff was AMAZING. The hot breakfast was really good! nice variety, and free too! The shuttle was great. We went to the Broncos game, Elitch Gardens, and the 16th Street Mall. When you're ready, you call the hotel and ask for pickup. Be ready at the designated pickup spot, and they were always there for us in 10 minutes or less. That may not always be the case, due to traffic/construction/lots of people.... They did their best, and we loved it. It's not a high class area, but our car was fine out in the lot, and we had no problems. Next time we're in Denver, we won't even look at another hotel. This is where we'll stay!

1 Thank Holly T
Little Rock, Arkansas
Reviewed August 27, 2012

Excellent place to stay in downtown Denver if you are taking advantage of downtown attractions. They provide a free shuttle service as long as you request it one hour in advance of your departure. We used it to go to a game at Coors Field. They give you a number to call when you want to be picked up. Hotel was very clean and appeared to be recently renovated. Staff was professional and friendly. Nice breakfast choices. Very pet-friendly hotel with only a small fee. Be aware that there are specific floors for pets. Because we did not call ahead to say we were bringing a dog we could not get into the kind of room we had reserved. They did put us in another type of room for the same price. Overall I would really recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: If you book online and bring a pet, call ahead to confirm room type
Reviewed August 25, 2012 via mobile

Hotel was clean. Rooms were quiet. Nice hot complimentary breakfast with plenty of variety. Friendly staff. Free shuttle was very nice to have going downtown to a game. We would stay here again as the price for value was very good.

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
La Mesa, California
Reviewed August 21, 2012

We had to move our son to college so we needed a place to stay that wasn't too far from Downtown Denver, but not too expensive. This Quality Inn really was great. The area is a little industrial but for Denver, it is pretty quick on and off the freeway. The rooms are clean and comfortable and the hot breakfast buffet is great! We realized I had booked a King with 2 adults, but when we got their I figured that our son would need to stay with us at least 2 nights before staying in his Campus apartment. They quickly changed us to a room with 2 Queens, did not charge us any extra and never asked when he would come or go. Also, they had a refrigerator and microwave brought up to our room upon request...in 15 min from when we asked. The staff was very welcoming and helpful. There is a shuttle too and from the airport, there is free parking and although it is old, it is a fine place to stay. You do have noise from the freeway, but we don't mind it, it is "white noise" us!

Room Tip: We preferred being on the side where you are facing the freeway or the city. The other side has the...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family