“Everything we needed”

Quality Inn Central Denver
Ranked #76 of 156 Hotels in Denver
New Mexico now (lived in Jamaica and Trinidad)
“Everything we needed”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2012

I came to Denver for an event at a downtown hotel, but that one didn't have a room available the first night of my four day meeting. So I found this one online and the price was good. The room was very spacious, the front desk people were prompt and helpful, and there's a nice restaurant and bar off the lobby. They have a shuttle service downtown, which I didn't get a chance to use, as I had already booked downtown for the rest of my event. But I wish I'd have just stayed at the Quality Inn Central, because it was half the price and the room was bigger. The breakfast was good. I am vegetarian, so I brought my own soy milk and had their oatmeal and fruit. I have no complaints about this hotel.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Jill G
quality_raj, General Manager at Quality Inn Central Denver, responded to this review, March 10, 2012
Dear Guest,
We really very thrill and happy to see you positive comment and rating as higher than Denver Downtown hotels. We certainly will take this as one of the biggest compliments.
We really believe in proving you exception great service in great price. I am really very happy to know that you liked everything about hotel.
We have free parking and free shuttle to downtown which really help our guest to save some extra money.
We provide exceptional hot breakfast and spacious room to make you feel comfortable at very reasonable price.
Thanks again for appreciating our service and we will always look forward to see you again.
Please let me know when you are coming back to town so I’ll make all arrangement for you.
Looking forward to see you again
Have a great day!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (150)
New Castle, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2012

Once again our whole family made our track to the big city of Denver from the western slope of Colorado.Upon arriving at the Quality Inn,we were met with smiling face from Betty who remembers my family from past stays.Meeting our every need,which isn't so easy with my three grandsons,seven total with our tribe.Not only Betty,but Ivy,Steve,and not to forget Phil and the big boss,who greeted me,the grandfather Alvin Smith,with a smile and a hearty hand shake. In the evening for a few adult beverages,barmaid so cheerful.This is what all hotels should model themselves after,no dought about it.As I said this is the best if the best.Thank you so much and see you all next time !!!!!

Room Tip: Down town Denver side the view is super!!!!!!!!!!
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank alvin s
quality_raj, General Manager at Quality Inn Central Denver, responded to this review, February 16, 2012
Hi Alvin,
Let me take this opportunity to say welcome back to the hotel and thank you very much for appreciating our staff and their every effort to keep you comfortable and we will look forward to see you again.
Thank you for recommendations to other guests.
Please let me know if I can do anything for you in the future.
Have great Day!
Fort Collins
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2012

We stayed here the weekend of 1/28/12 we did not have a good experience mainly due to lack of communication between hotel staff. Since this incident, the hotel has stepped up and made things right. The GM of the hotel Raja went above and beyond our expectations to try and make things right...for this we are extremely grateful. Rooms, are very clean and homey :) we would recommend this hotel for a comfortable stay. One of their shuttle drivers by the name of Josh, was awesome, and if you need a shuttle ride, I highly reccomended him. He's a great friendly guy :0)

• Stayed January 2012
4 Thank Thethornhills
UK
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 29, 2011

I stayed at the Quality Inn earlier this month for a total of 9 nights after booking through booking.com. I had booked a King room with microwave and fridge, but on my arrival, I was told that such a room did not exist as King rooms do not have a microwave and fridge. I was given the choice of a King room or a Double Queen with microwave and fridge. Due to the length of my stay, and trying to keep costs to a minimum, I needed the microwave and fridge.

The room was clean and tidy, and although the building itself is somewhat dated, the room was in good order and the fridge and microwave were both very new and clean (the fridge still had some of the delivery packaging in, it was that new!). The room was at the front of the building and as such a little noisy from the I70-I25 intersection right outside, but this didn't concern me too much. The windows were quite draughty, but nothing that couldn't be remedied by closing the thick blackout curtains. Television was dated (in fact it had a date of manufacture on the back as 1998) but it worked and did the job. There were plenty of power sockets in the room, something I am not used to and essential nowadays for charging laptops etc.. I was a little disappointed there was no safe in the room, but very small safety deposit boxes were available in reception, though they didn't look like they could house anything large. I left my valuables crudely hidden in the hotel room and nothing went missing at all.

Breakfast was the most disappointing aspect of the hotel. Polystyrene plates, plastic cutlery and paper cups surprised me to say the least. I must admit I was expecting real flatware. During the second weekend, the hotel was very busy and it was not possible to get a seat at breakfast straight away. Although this only happened on two days, this was somewhat frustrating. The selection available was mundane, but the dining area was kept generally clean although I did see plastic cutlery dropped on the floor, only to be picked up by staff and placed straight back in the containers for guests to use. The price of meals in the restaurant in the evening looked reasonable, but I did not eat there. The bar also looked nice, but again, I did not make use of it.

The hotel offers a free shuttle service, however, as I had a hire car, I did not use this. There was ample parking at the hotel at all times, even when busy.

The hotel itself is in a fairly isolated location with nowhere to walk to other than a Village Inn restaurant next door. I did not visit this, but overheard other guests saying they found the food there to be good. Federal Boulevard is around a 5 minute drive away and a whole wealth of fast food and other restaurants can be found there.

Overall, I felt that the hotel provided very good value for money and the only disappointment was breakfast. I would stay there again should the need arise.

Room Tip: 5th floor has a laundry on - the smell hits you when the elevator doors open, but it doesn't pen...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
quality_raj, General Manager at Quality Inn Central Denver, responded to this review, February 13, 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank you for submitting your review for our hotel. I am glad that you liked our service. Thank you raking very high on our housekeeping. All our staff wants to serve the best they can.
I really disappointed to know that we did not meet your expectations in term of providing you real flatware.
However am very certain that you must have liked our breakfast.
We will make sure in your next visit you will leave out hotel with 100 satisfactions.
Thank you again for feedback and we will look forward to see you again.
Sydney
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2011

The room was clean and comfortable and the price was just right. The location didn't feel very safe though and the car park feels up very quickly. If you were like me and didn't really care much about visiting downtown then the location is acceptable. Otherwise you might want to stay somewhere more convenient. But for the price it was great. There is a lot of rooms and I was put in one of the higher floors, so once inside I did feel safe. Though there was some complete idiot running up and down the lobby outside my room which was very annoying.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank shazam10
quality_raj, General Manager at Quality Inn Central Denver, responded to this review, November 16, 2011
Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for sharing your valuable experience with us. I am glad to hear that really like our hotel and service. We are working very hard with city to make our guest comfortable and soon we will see the results.
We have been told several time by so many guest that they were little worried about the location but once they stayed with us they found our hotel one of the best.
To make your stay more comfortable with us, we don’t charge the parking ad we have free shuttle service to Denver downtown. It’s only few minutes away from us. Thanks a lot for appreciating our housekeeping efforts and we promise to provide you the best value for the price you pay for you room, so we’re also happy to hear that experience from you as well.
We will look forward at our hotel and hopefully we can get 5 out of 5 on your next visit. Thanks for increasing standards by showing your high expectation from us. We will do it!
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2011

We arrive late on 25th of october at the Hotel. The weather was bad and we had been a little lost because the signs a not so well display. At the reception the young guy wasn't very kind and try to give us the room as quikly as he could amd was not very helpfull about informations like restaurants near by and some store where we could find some drinks and food to bring to the room. The room was a little bit older and certainly need a a modernization. But by ourselves we find a grat bar and restaurant in the hotel on the other side of the road at the Holliday Express. They still ope until 10 pm and the bar have good music and a lot of folks having good times dancing country, salsa, latin rithms and etc. It was a good choice and we recomend, because the bar at Quality inn closes at 9 pm. After that in the mornig we were surprised with the attention from the girls at the front desk that help us with all the information we need and offers us a free shuttle to the 16th street , that I recomended a lot. We took the Van and all the drivers were very good and helpfull and also very concious about the time the needs from the different guest. Resuming different team and much much better. So because of these people I recomend the stay and say don't miss Denver.

Room Tip: Roons at the back are more quieter
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank THAJUN
Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for sharing your valuable experience with us. I am writing to let you know that after reading your review, we need to update our staff little bit about the basic help to our customers. We believe in 100% satisfaction and in your next visit you will see the change.
I am really glad to hear that you liked our customer service provided by rest of our employees.
Thanks for your recommendation to other guest and we will love to see you back.
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2011

Went to Denver, CO for 5 days booked hotel through Booking Buddy. At first sight the hotel was disappointing...it wasn't amazing to look at, just OK! After checking in I found the staff very helpful and pleasant. The room was large, clean and well tended by house cleaning staff. I paid very little for my stay there and was not expecting luxury. Was expecting a clean room, nice bathroom, sufficient towels (white fluffy ones), plenty of pillows, warm blankets I wasn't afraid to handle ( nice white comforter on bed) windows that opened, handheld shower head, nice size bathroom appointed in ceramic tiles and stone..maybe a lookalike stone. I got all of this plus a breakfast that covered full range from eggs to waffles. What I didn't get and expected was a flat screen TV, pay per view...was disappointed. wanted to watch movies on rainey day...went to bar in hotel instead which was fun too. So, would I go back, sure. I'd book online through a booking service like Booking Buddy.

Room Tip: Kids were there for football. If you're a football fan the stadium in nearby. In an industrial a...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
quality_raj, General Manager at Quality Inn Central Denver, responded to this review, October 18, 2011
Wow! Wow! Wow!
This really made our day! Thank you again for sharing such a nice feedback with us. Our staffs take pride in giving you 100% satisfaction. Thanks for your time and valuing our customer services.
I am really glad to hear that you had wonderful time with us and you had enjoyed your stay with us.
Everything from free hot breakfast, free shuttle, staff service, housekeeping service. Everything was perfect for you. Sounds like it was perfect stay for you.
I am glad we could provide the real value for your money.
You are most welcome back to our hotel.
See you soon.