“Don't let the pictures fool you”
Review of The Timbers Hotel

The Timbers Hotel
Ranked #107 of 157 Hotels in Denver
Lee's Summit, Missouri
“Don't let the pictures fool you”
Reviewed March 25, 2013

This place is very unkempt. Front desk staff is clueless as they gave me the wrong room two times! The property is in poor repair and nothing like the pictures. I booked for a week but will be leaving as soon as I can find a different hotel. Very disappointed.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Rapid City, South Dakota
Reviewed March 23, 2013

The hotel, itself, was very nice. It was spacious, clean, beautiful room. The front desk service, however, left A LOT to be desired. Not friendly, bordered on being rude to guests. Offered free ride to the mall and back, but once we were at the mall and called for a return ride to the hotel, we were told we were "obligated" to find a taxi back.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Philadelphia
Reviewed March 14, 2013

I chose this hotel because it was close to the airport with a shuttle. I arrived and there was only one person behind the desk with a line of people checking in. It took quite a while to be checked in due to calls to the front desk complaining of televisions not working, reservation questions and dishwasher issues. When I asked for a shuttle ride to the airport in the morning I was told the time I wanted was booked and so I would have to go an hour earlier or later. After checking in I walked to my room. I smelled the strongest marijuana smoke coming the first hallway, which I soon found to be coming from all of the hallways!
The room was clean/comfortable and thankfully did not smell. One thing I did not like about the room was that the remote did not have a cover for the batteries and was sticky.
Overall, this hotel is OK. The one staff member I encountered was nice enough, but unable to accomodate all of the guests as he was only one person with many hotel issues.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed February 28, 2013

We were stranded in Denver recently because of the weather, and The Timbers was an oasis for us, for many reasons: their shuttle came to pick us up at the airport well after midnight; we were checked in quickly; the room was spacious, extremely quiet, and the temperature was perfect; the beds (and pillows) were very comfortable; the staff was helpful and courteous; the food was good; the shuttle back to the airport was efficient; and the price was amazing.

Room Tip: 3rd floor was unbelievably quiet; our "suite" was a great size
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Vail, Colorado
Reviewed February 8, 2013

I stayed here one time before and really liked it. I was really looking forward to my stay there on 2/6/2013. I checked in at 7:00 pm. It was a stressful travel day and I requested a quiet room. I was then told that all their rooms were quiet. Well my first room smelled of cigarette smoke, the second room had a door that joined the next room and I could hear every word that the family next door was saying as well as their screaming baby. The third room was better. It took me at least 6-8 try's (every time) to Electronic key to work. The remote did not work, cracked sink, old carpet. I was thankful for the refrigerator so I could store the $25.00 worth of food I bought for the next days travel only to awaken to have it completely frozen because the temp was so low. Salads are not good when frozen. So I will never stay here again. I know I can get something much better for my $110.00.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank sallyppp
Colorado Springs
Reviewed February 6, 2013 via mobile

Is a very nice day clean property rooms well taken care of been renovated no problems except for the courtyard Which had a lot of cigarette butts other than that was a very nice stay. Very nice property, my new place to stay in Denver!

• Stayed February 2013
Bradenton, Florida
Reviewed February 5, 2013

When I think about The Timbers, I remember the first time we stood in line in their lobby during a horrible snow storm. They assured us all a room and could have charged whatever they wanted, but they gave us a rate of $69 that included a good hearty, cook-to-order breakfast AND because we all were there due to a snow storm, they kept the restaurant open, fed us and even offered a free cocktail. Fast forward to last Feb when we needed a place to stay in a hurry the night before departing from DIA. We didn't have a reservation, but needed to return our rental car and be shuttled to DIA in the morning. Once again they gave us a $69 rate with breakfast. This week our son was flying to Georgia and needed a place to stay, so I called and they arranged for him to spend 2 nights at $69 per night, with breakfast. I wrote a letter to the mayor of Denver after the snow storm incident. This hotel has the best staff, are very accommodating, serve great breakfast and their evening restaurant food is also tasty. I cannot thank The Timbers for their great hospitality. The rooms are large, comfortable beds and I would always stay there when traveling in the area.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family