“Average place to stay, but great customer service.”
Review of The Timbers Hotel

The Timbers Hotel
Ranked #101 of 157 Hotels in Denver
Gypsum, Colorado
“Average place to stay, but great customer service.”
Reviewed January 3, 2013

We missed United flight from Denver to Idaho Falls due to airline delays, so United put us up in The Timbers Hotel for a night until we could fly out the next day. We were not able to get our luggage so we didn't have any toiletries with us. The person working the front desk was extremely helpful and accomodating. She provided us with whatever the hotel had on hand and made us aware of a convenience store that was within walking distance.

The room itself was a suite. Very roomy living/kitchen area and a seperate bedroom with two queens beds. The accomodations were fairly comfortable but well worn. The bed linens and pillows were clean though, as was most everything else. Only the carpeting seemed a bit dirty - could have simply been old too.

The shuttle service to and from the airport was prompt and comfortable.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed November 10, 2012

This hotel was great - our suite was huge, had 2 private balconies, comfortable beds, a full kitchen, and dramatic vaulted ceilings. I read quite a few negative comments... I will agree that The Timbers could benefit from a new line of sofas throughout the hotel, and the courtyard landscaping should look a little better. My only real complaint is the shower pressure... I literally had the ice bucket in the tub with me to assist in washing my hair quicker... not good.
HOWEVER, water pressure aside, I would definitely stay here again. The value of this hotel is incredible, we had family members staying at other hotels within a 2-mile radius and their jaw dropped when they saw the size and amenities of our room compared to their big-buck standard double queen rooms. The free continental breakfast is AWESOME as well.

Room Tip: 2nd floor rooms have fantastic vaulted ceilings!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Rory S, Manager at The Timbers Hotel, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
Thank you very much for your review! We will definitely take your feedback and improve wherever we can in those areas. We hope to see you again soon and thank you for choosing The Timbers we will see you soon!
Reviewed November 6, 2012

The accommodations were comfortable - nothing fancy, not terribly great but not bad for an overnight business stay. I am not sure I would stay there again but it definitely hit high on the value scale.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Rory S, Manager at The Timbers Hotel, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
Thank you very much for your review. We appreciate any feedback and we apologize that your stay was not wonderful. We would Love to have you back again soon and have the opportunity to make your next stay with us Extraordinary.
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed October 26, 2012

I recently had the opportunity to visit Denver and stayed at The Timbers Hotel. After my experiences with this property, I can easily say that this will be my hotel of choice whenever I return to Denver. The property and rooms are clean, well furnished, reasonably sound proofed and priced in a very reasonable range. The staff is polite, professional, and did everything in their power to not only accommodate me, but went out of their way on several occasions to assure that my visit here was excellent. I travel a great deal professionally and cannot think of a place that has done so much for me at such a reasonable price.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Rory S, Manager at The Timbers Hotel, responded to this review, October 27, 2012
Thank you very much for your review! We are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in town!
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed October 11, 2012

I have had several employees staying at the timbers for a month or so. We are working locally but from out of town. I didn't know anything about the Timbers except it was very reasonably priced and my guys seemed to like it! Last week I went out to check in the current jobs and stayed at the Timbers myself...Honestly I was so surprised, usually the hotel budget is pretty small so the guys end up staying in a less than desirable place!!! The Timbers was not one of those!! I was shocked at how nice this hotel was and how reasonable the rate!!! Rooms look great, beds are comfortable, everything has been upgraded!!! My wife would for sure stay at this hotel and she is...well, how you say??...a little picky!!! Would definitely recommend this hotel!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Jason B
Rory S, Manager at The Timbers Hotel, responded to this review, October 17, 2012
Thank you for staying with us! We are glad we could accommodate you and your co-workers and make your stay enjoyable. Please come stay with us again we look forward to seeing you soon.
Buchanan, Georgia
Reviewed October 3, 2012 via mobile

Rooms spacious with balcony and clean
breakfast included with omlettes cooked to order
Staff friendly
nice fittings
Beds comfortable

We used a coupon and thought it was excellent value would stay agai

• Stayed September 2012
memphis, tn
Reviewed September 30, 2012

My first indication of what the hotel would be like should have been the shuttle van. Dirty, old and raggedy. The hotel is exactly like the shuttle van. Smells like smoke and urine. Filthy carpeting. This place is supposed to be 3.5 stars. Nope. 2 is the best I can give it. The pictures on their website have to be at least 10 years old.

I'm supposed to be here for a week. I tried to get a refund, but I messed up and prepaid for this trap through Expedia. They agreed to refund my cheap days but not the really expensive first day.

The furniture is dirty and cheap and has smoke burns. The shower is moldy. I changed rooms, but the 2nd is exactly like the first except it isn't on the 1st floor. The first floor rooms have a regular door to the outside and don't feel secure at all. And they have window air conditioners!!

They offer free breakfast, but I would be totally afraid to eat anything cooked here. The rooms do have new microwaves and refridgerators, but I don't want to eat in my room either.

To be fair, the front desk person and the shuttle driver were very pleasant.

Room Tip: Go to another hotel
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank talisa42

Travelers are raving about these Denver hotels