“Checked out and demanded refund immediately!”
Review of The Timbers Hotel

The Timbers Hotel
Ranked #108 of 158 Hotels in Denver
Reviewed September 18, 2012

Don't stay here. I couldn't even bring myself to sit down on the dirty, greasy couch. It was disgusting. And, just to put this in perspective, I'm from Alaska and for a long time lived in a cabin with no running water and an outhouse. My friend and I met there for a concert nd this was close to the venue. As two women on their own, we also felt unsafe here - there is patchy, do, lighting in the hallways and it's quite honestly really creepy. I should have known as soon as I pulled into the parking lot - it looked like the yard for a low income housing project. We ended up going to the awesome holiday in on Quebec, amazingly clean, safe and fabulous - for only $4 more a night. The girls at the front desk didn't seem at all surprised about our reasons for checking out and demanding a refund - looked like they had heard it before, although they weren't very apologetic at all. Just my two cents!

Room Tip: Book the holiday inn instead!
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank KBArk60826
There are newer reviews for The Timbers Hotel

Reviewed September 7, 2012

Staff were helpful and you felt confident from the moment you walked in.
There were luggage carts to bring our stuff in and up the lift.
The Lounge area was spacious and very pleasant. The restaurant was pleasant, clean and the staff were good, although some were not too confident in English.
The room was wonderful, in fact better than we has expected. It was spacious, comfortable and clean with in room. Wifi.
Breakfast was a full breakfast with staff ready to cook eggs whichever way you wanted them.
(we had omlettes with mushrooms, cheese and onions which were great.)
The cost including taxes, using a voucher $68.90 and well worth it.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 27, 2012

The good: the room was clean, the bed was comfortable and it's close to the airport.
The bad: the place has a sketchy vibe, it wouldn't hurt to run a vacuum over the floors in the restaurant and the public areas.......just doesn't look all the clean.
The ugly: bags of trash left overnight in the hallway, stained filthy carpet in the elevator, and the restaurant seats, bored gormless looking reception staff, and worn out looking bathrooms with no bath tub.

Verdict: No way this is a three star hotel. Go another two exits to Quebec St and stay at one of the hotels there. You will pay less and and the place will be clean and professional.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Craicshack
Reviewed August 10, 2012

Hotel was nice, clean, service was good. shuttle was on time to the airport, had to leave at 5 am. Best part was they did not charge us to park our car there, "Park and Fly" Will use this hotel again.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 4, 2012

Dirty, and deplorable service!! - There was literally a plastic cup and a beer bottle cap on the floor next to the pull out sofa bed. I have never seen such a thing! There were literally 6 flies buzzing around the room, possibly more - we didn't stay to look. We were literally in the room 2 minutes. We booked a "2 queen bedroom" so that we could have a bed for our 2 kids to share, plus one bed for my husband and myself - however upon arrival, we were told they were "overbooked" even though our room was "guaranteed for a late arrival" - and pre-paid. They offered us a room with a king bed, and a pull out sofa with a mattress that was an inch thick, and we took one look at the filth and bugs, and told the front desk staff that the room was not acceptable, it simply was not what we booked and what we were "guaranteed". The manager (Kelly) refused to speak to me, and refused to speak to my husband, and refused to accept our phone calls (they said she was "too busy" to talk to us. She refused to give us a refund since we "checked in after 6PM (it was 7PM, again- they did not have the room we booked available.) I will take this up with the better business bureau and will warn others to stay away! We ended up leaving and booking at the Courtyard Marriott on Tower Rd by the airport, and had a wonderful experience and wonderful service. Stay away from the Timbers!

Room Tip: Book somewhere else!
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank TravellingBrainDoc
Reviewed July 18, 2012

This was such a great find. The hotel had so much character. The first floor had so many great rooms to discover, all with their own identity. The hallways were so different from any other hotel...vaulted ceilings, no tacky wall paper, natural light. Then our room... Spectacular! You have to see it to really appreciate it. The room was so clean and all the details that were put into cleaning. The staff was kind, welcoming, and I felt as if I got a steal for the price. I will be a regular. You will sleep well in the quiet hotel. The parking lot was full, but you feel as if you are the only one staying there. Great, great find!

Room Tip: I took a suite for only 20 bucks more. Best decision.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Tonytonetone
Eric G, Director of Sales at The Timbers Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 20, 2012

Thank you for writing a review about your recent visit to the Timbers Hotel. We appreciate your honest feedback and agree, the Timbers is one of Denver's best kept secrets. Our hotel is quite unique in it's features and architecture. Feel free to reach out to us if we can be of further assistance. Meanwhile, we can't wait for you to return to the Timbers. See you next time!

Reviewed July 16, 2012

Amazing and beautiful! The beds were extremely comfortable and the room was so lovely and spacious. If I ever find myself in Denver I will definitely make a point to stay there.

• Stayed: July 2012
2  Thank sdc523
Eric G, Director of Sales at The Timbers Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2012

It was our pleasure having you as our guest during your brief stay in Denver. We are delighted you enjoyed our plush beds and spacious suites. We look forward to accommodating you again soon!