“Great rooms, very clean and comfortable”
Review of The Timbers Hotel

The Timbers Hotel
Ranked #104 of 157 Hotels in Denver
Waterford, Connecticut
“Great rooms, very clean and comfortable”
Reviewed June 30, 2012

Stayed overnight while travelling though Denver. Dinner was good and very reasonable. Complimentary breakfast was very good with plenty of fresh options to choose from. All of the staff treated us very well. The reviewer 'chifarmer' must have been in the wrong spot waiting for the shuttle. I didn't wait more than 5 minutes for the shuttle and as soon as the driver loaded us he went to the second stop. He was very personable and was able to provide useful information that made the remainder of our stay more enjoyable. I would highly recommend this hotel and would gladly stay there again.

Room Tip: I didn't use the pool or spa so I cannot comment. The beds were the best I have had in a long t...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Elizabeth M
, Director of Sales at The Timbers Hotel, responded to this review, July 2, 2012
Good day and thank you for taking the time to share your candid review of the Timbers Hotel in Denver. We pride ourselves on our friendly staff and spacious suites. Indeed, the Peoria Bar & Grill offers a great menu at affordable prices. Guests can enjoy a local brew or handcrafted cocktail during Happy Hour every weekday, 4pm-7pm. Our Hot and Hearty Breakfast is served daily and features cook-to-order omelets and so much more. We look forward to accommodating you and your family again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
Maryland
Reviewed June 24, 2012

I travel quite a bit and my experience with The Timbers Hotel is one of the worst.
I did not choose this hotel. I was teaching a class in the area and the organizers chose this facility for both my stay and a room in which I could teach. My displeasure began immediately with the shuttle from the airport. I phoned upon my arrival and was told the van would be at the airport in 20 - 30 minutes. I was also told where specifically to wait. After 35 minutes had passed I called again and the person on the phone said the driver had been there and had not seen me. I never moved from the spot at which I was told to wait. Vans from a number of hotels had come and gone and none from the Timbers ever drove by. I gave the person from The Timbers my phone number and was told the van would be there in 10 minutes. 15 more went by and this time I was told the van driver had been there and waited 5 minutes. This was definitely an outright lie. Another few calls and a total on 70 minutes and the van showed up. The driver never got out of the van and I had to put my suitcase in the back myself.

That, unfortunately, was the best part of the stay.

The room itself was another story. In the bathroom the toilet paper holder was falling off the wall and was surrounded by 6 holes that had been spackled where it had obviously been mounted prior. Not sanded or painted, just spackled. Several of the lights in the room had burned out bulbs, and, while I did not need to use it, the stove in the kitchen area was filthy and missing a burner.

So my class was supposed to start at 9:00 am. At 8:15 I go to the room and discovered the room had been used the evening before for a wedding reception and was never cleaned or changed over. The young woman and the front desk was quire helpful, the only person who was. She started calling the sales folks and the general manager, none of whom answered or called back. Finally at 8:50 the operations manager arrived and was clueless. It took them until 9:30 to get the room together with the program organizer, the young woman from the front desk and me doing most of the work. I did get the operation director to comp the folks taking the class free breakfast buffet.

The data projector that was rented from the hotel was old and barely working. Most of my PowerPoint slides were illegible.

On Sunday I went into the men's room outside the classroom and found the toilet backed up and foul. I went to the front desk and let the person know. Hours later the bathroom was even worse. I went back to the front desk and was told housekeeping tried to plunge it and it didn't work. I asked about maintenance and was told they don't work on the weekends. Really?

Also, the on-site restaurant is only open for the breakfast buffet, which is not all that great.

Save yourself the nightmare and stay at the La Quinta across the street. Did not go in there but it has to be better.

Room Tip: Stay away from this abomination
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
4 Thank chifarmer
, Director of Sales at The Timbers Hotel, responded to this review, June 26, 2012
Sir, thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent experience at the Timbers Hotel. We do share a shuttle with our sister hotel. Perhaps you didn't notice our shuttle right away. We make trips to the airport every hour, on the hour. We have incurred some delays, due to construction at DIA. Other than the minor flaw in the bathroom, I assume your suite was satisfactory. Regarding your training, we can offer no excuse. We sincerely apologize for the miscommunication. We regularly host seminars and banquets, and assure our future clients, this will not happen again.

Travelers are raving about these Denver hotels

Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed June 20, 2012

In 15 years of heavy business travel, this is the only hotel that I've ever checked in to and back out again almost immediately (and this is my only ever bad review). It's worn down, dirty, ugly, and in a rough neighborhood with housing projects and 7-11's, but not much else.

Outside doors all over the hotel were propped open with rocks. Front desk staff was bored. Many of the clientele were sketchy. It looked like the kind of place you'd book by the week after being evicted.

How this is getting so many good reviews is beyond me.

Room Tip: A room at a different hotel would be best.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank AMM-Boston
, Director of Sales at The Timbers Hotel, responded to this review, June 22, 2012
Good day, I would have to disagree with your opinion of the Timbers. Our housekeeping staff is excellent and we recently remodeled the entire hotel. Countless professionals and families stay with us on a recurring basis. We offer an elegant suite at a competitive price. You explain how "this is my only ever bad review" yet your profile indicates this is your first review. We have a hard time believing this is a legitimate review. Still, we invite you back to experience excellence at the Timbers.
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed June 17, 2012

I got stranded overnight in Denver and needed a motel close to the airport. The Timbers was the first to show up in the search engine. It's not what I consider "close" but it turned out to be a nice place anyway and with a free shuttle and breakfast buffet, there wasn't much to complain about. The only thing missing that would have been nice is a swimming pool.

One warning - Shuttle driver took over an hour to return to the airport when not everyone could fit into the shuttle. Luckily, most of the other people who were left at the airport took a taxi instead of waiting because when she returned, the car was almost full again but this time, it appeared all her other passengers were friends of hers and not vacationers.

Room Tip: I got a reduced rate when I accepted a room with one bed instead of two. Since I was travelling alon...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Eric G, Director of Sales at The Timbers Hotel, responded to this review, June 20, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at the Timbers Hotel in Denver. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for the constructive criticism. We strive to provide top-notch customer service as well as prompt shuttle service. In addition to the airport, we transport guests to area offices and hospitals. We will do our best to provide quicker turn-around service. Meanwhile, we look forward to your next stay in Denver!
Colorado
Reviewed June 6, 2012 via mobile

I reserved online and the tagline was "boutique hotel." not so much. When I got to the hotel, I was a bit nervous. The neighbors old is marginal. The hotel exterior and lobby both made me wonder if I had made a mistake. That worry continued as I made my way to my room...things seemed just a little sketchy. But the room is SPACIOUS and comfy. When I hit Denver again, I'll look elsewhere.

Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Oshawa, Ontario
Reviewed May 18, 2012

Our group stayed here at last year's convention. I was already warned that the place has no pool but shocked and disappointed to discover that my room had NO BATHTUB! It turns out that out of all the rooms at this hotel, only six of them are equipped with tubs and it had never occurred to me to ask if I could trade for one that did. The rooms were huge with fully equipped kitchens but that didn't mean anything to me. I suffered in excruciating pain from altitude sickness and had to fill two plastic garbage bins with hot water and Epsom salt to soothe my aching limbs. Those who were fortunate enough to have bathtubs in their rooms complained about lack of counter space. I would have gladly settled for less counter space in favor of a tub!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a bathtub when you make your reservation. Don't take it for granted and assu...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
Leominster, Massachusetts
Reviewed April 23, 2012

Stayed here for one night after a long trip through colorado, before I left for the airport. Extremely friendly staff... the rooms are HUGE, my room was literally bigger than my first apartment, had never fridge and dishwasher, plus a 2 burner stove and microwave. Also had utensils, glasses, bowls, pots and pans, etc.

Bathroom has a shower, not a tub, but most of us don't use the tub in a hotel anyway. Bed was comfy.

The TV was an older model tube TV with built in DVD/VHS players. The remote was hard to work, but you got lots of stations.

The room came with a free drink at night, and free breakfast in the morning, which was nice! The airport shuttle was on time, and the driver was friendly. One note, the shuttle also stops at their sister property, the Microtel, before it gets to the airport. Shuttles leave hourly, it's a 10 person van. You have to sign up ahead of time for it, don't forget.

The location of the hotel was good if you're looking for something literally right off the highway, and you have a car. Not much else within walking distance, there's a mcdonalds next door, and gas stations/7-elevens within walking distance. We also ate at Ajuua's mexican restaurant across the street, and it was good. But other than that, it's mostly hispanic-themed strip malls with pawn shops, western unions, burrito places, etc. I never felt unsafe, but if you're not Latino, you might not feel at home going for a jog around the neighborhood. I felt totally safe, but also totally out of my element.

Again, if you're looking for a HUGE room at a great price and convenient highway access, I would recommend this place.

Room Tip: ask for a room that doesn't face the main road
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business