All reviewsfull kitchenrooms are hugecontinental breakfastyogurtgreat roomairport shuttlepretoriaauroraroomy
Reviewed June 6, 2012

I reserved online and the tagline was "boutique hotel." not so much. When I got to the hotel, I was a bit nervous. The neighbors old is marginal. The hotel exterior and lobby both made me wonder if I had made a mistake. That worry continued as I made my way to my room...things seemed just a little sketchy. But the room is SPACIOUS and comfy. When I hit Denver again, I'll look elsewhere.

Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed May 18, 2012

Our group stayed here at last year's convention. I was already warned that the place has no pool but shocked and disappointed to discover that my room had NO BATHTUB! It turns out that out of all the rooms at this hotel, only six of them are equipped with tubs and it had never occurred to me to ask if I could trade for one that did. The rooms were huge with fully equipped kitchens but that didn't mean anything to me. I suffered in excruciating pain from altitude sickness and had to fill two plastic garbage bins with hot water and Epsom salt to soothe my aching limbs. Those who were fortunate enough to have bathtubs in their rooms complained about lack of counter space. I would have gladly settled for less counter space in favor of a tub!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a bathtub when you make your reservation. Don't take it for granted and assume one will be there.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 23, 2012

Stayed here for one night after a long trip through colorado, before I left for the airport. Extremely friendly staff... the rooms are HUGE, my room was literally bigger than my first apartment, had never fridge and dishwasher, plus a 2 burner stove and microwave. Also had utensils, glasses, bowls, pots and pans, etc.

Bathroom has a shower, not a tub, but most of us don't use the tub in a hotel anyway. Bed was comfy.

The TV was an older model tube TV with built in DVD/VHS players. The remote was hard to work, but you got lots of stations.

The room came with a free drink at night, and free breakfast in the morning, which was nice! The airport shuttle was on time, and the driver was friendly. One note, the shuttle also stops at their sister property, the Microtel, before it gets to the airport. Shuttles leave hourly, it's a 10 person van. You have to sign up ahead of time for it, don't forget.

The location of the hotel was good if you're looking for something literally right off the highway, and you have a car. Not much else within walking distance, there's a mcdonalds next door, and gas stations/7-elevens within walking distance. We also ate at Ajuua's mexican restaurant across the street, and it was good. But other than that, it's mostly hispanic-themed strip malls with pawn shops, western unions, burrito places, etc. I never felt unsafe, but if you're not Latino, you might not feel at home going for a jog around the neighborhood. I felt totally safe, but also totally out of my element.

Again, if you're looking for a HUGE room at a great price and convenient highway access, I would recommend this place.

Room Tip: ask for a room that doesn't face the main road
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank ConferenceMgr
Reviewed April 22, 2012

We had missed our flight out and these people turned what could have been a frustrating experience into a positive. Lisa, Joe, and Crystal went out of their way to make our stay comfortable and relaxing! The rooms were large and the food was great. I cannot say enough nice things about the service we received and the friendly people at The Timbers!

Room Tip: Most of the rooms have balconies, although the view isn't great... Interstate close by, but still a great experience.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed April 14, 2012

The bed was the best. Super comfortable and large. The room was extra large too with plenty of space to move around even with our 4 suitcases spread far and wide. The shower was lovely. No bathtub, but with a shower this nice, we never missed a tub. Had all the amenities we needed and they were nice quality as well. I almost never think there are adequate blankets on the bed but there were here. And the breakfast was much more than we hoped for by the description of 'continental breakfast'. There was an omelet station where you could choose from fresh ingredients and have it made to order, plus biscuits and gravy, waffles, tons of fresh fruit, yogurt, cottage cheese, and all the other cereals, muffins and pastries you would normally expect. The only downfalls were some cosmetic repairs that needed attention, both in the halls and our room, and the tv really needed updating. We had a remote held together by tape that only worked some of the time. Overall, we enjoyed our stay and would have a hard time finding anything even half as nice for the price.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple