“Decent hotel with big rooms”
Review of The Timbers Hotel

The Timbers Hotel
Ranked #104 of 157 Hotels in Denver
Los Angeles, California
“Decent hotel with big rooms”
Reviewed March 4, 2012

The rooms here all come in suites with a kitchenette, dining area, living room, and bed area. A few little things were off like the remote control to the tv held together with duct tape and the light bulb being out... But not a huge deal. It's relatively close to downtown and very close to the airport. I would stay here again. I booked with Hotwire and they lost my reservation... Apparently a common occurrence.. And the hotel took care of it.

• Stayed February 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
philadelphia
Reviewed March 3, 2012

We were arriving at the Denver airport later in the evening and wanted a hotel close to the airport. We stumbled upon this hotel via a website for a very reasonable price but had never heard of it. We took a leap of faith and booked it. For the price it was an incredible deal. It was very clean and spacious. The beds were very comfortable, the bedding itself above average. Everything looked like it had been updated, granite in the kitchen area, newer fixtures. The only issue was that the front desk did not seem to be aware that our room was already paid for. We were upgraded to a one bedroom suite as they didn't have any of the smaller units left.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank minniejan
Dillon
Reviewed February 18, 2012

Older property that is remodeled and updated...large suites, nice amenities...much like a one bedroom apartment, would be great for a week stay...location close to I 70 in light industrial area between downtown and airport.
Fitness facility is better than average, but could use free weights.
Breakfast was similar to Embassy suites, good selection...
Good Beds, TV's

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Sydney Australia
Reviewed February 7, 2012

stayed here for 1 night - Sat 4th Feb 2012. we had a 1 bedroom suite, 2 Adults & 1 Child (9 yrs). This was our 3rd stay here. Rooms are nice a spacious and beds very comfortable. Airport transfers worked great. Hotel offers transfers to other destinations but this service needs some improving. Some of the front desk staff while friendly & helpful were a little limited in knowledge about the surrounding area and even their own hotel features.

As we were only staying 1 night before flying home to Australia these issues were not a massive problem.

I would probably stay here again, although I hear they are building a hotel actually at Denver Airport - that could be easier for a short stay.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed February 5, 2012

My wife and i checked in around 6:30 pm. We showered and then ventured out for some entertainment, dinner mostly, but adventures happen right? Upon returning to our room (#158) we pulled back the covers to find... (((BED BUGS))) of course we checked out post haste!! Still waiting to see if the charge is reversed on my credit card or not... it was our first and definitely our last stay

• Stayed February 2012
4 Thank Al_and_Tracey

Travelers are raving about these Denver hotels

Seattle, Washington
Reviewed December 22, 2011

I booked a room through Airport Accommodation for a great price of $69 when my flight was canceled. I chose Timbers because their airport shuttle ran the latest. When I called the hotel for the shuttle, the lady was very friendly and told me where to wait. The shuttle was a little deceiving because it doesn't actually say Timbers on it. Also it took more than 20 minutes to get to the hotel partly because of the blizzard and also because the shuttle stops at one other hotel.

The check in lady was decent but obviously tired. I was impressed by the room, especially since I did not know that all the rooms were suites. Definitely too big for just me lol. The room was very clean and spacious. I would definitely come here again if my family was with me. The bed was nice and comfy too.

One puzzling thing happened. The fire alarm went off in my room and I don't know why. I'm guessing it was because of the toaster or maybe the heater, but it gave me a mini heart attack.

The shuttle started at 4am. I asked for a wake up call at 3:30am. The call was a little late but I had my cell phone alarm set anyway. Overall, I think I would have enjoyed the stay more if I wasn't so anxious about my flight.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
Denver, Colorado, United States
Reviewed December 18, 2011

I got to the hotel at 1 am after a long day,and have never seen service like this. I have worked in the service industry for a long time and I travel a lot but not seen any thing like this. When I got to the hotel the guest service agent (who by the way did not have uniform on or a name tag) told me she didn't have a reservation for me and didn't even bother to help to resolve it. I had made my reservation through a 3rd party website and had already pre-paid, but she told me she can give me a room for a charge and kept playing on the computer.Her whole explanation was "she has already rolled the date for audit and there was nothing she can do", which I don't see how that is my problem since my reservation was guaranteed for a late arrival. Since I already paid for a hotel there was no way I was gonna pay again. So I called Hotwire and explained the situation. The nice lady at Hotwire called the hotel while I was on hold and talked to the front desk lady, who was soo rude talking on the phone. Finally the Hotwire agent resolved the Issue. The point of the matter is, a hotel guest service agent to my knowledge should do anything to resolve issues that come from their side of the end instead of giving guests attitude. A guest should never have to deal with such things.
Everything else for my stay was good. Room was clean and bed was comfortable. However because of the unprofessional-ism I witnessed at check in I will never stay at this hotel nor will I recommend it. (stayed December 17th )

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple