“Pleasant evening out with friends”

Lola Coastal Mexican
Ranked #131 of 3,136 Restaurants in Denver
Cuisines: Mexican, Seafood, Spanish
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Highland
Cross street: 16th & Boulder
Description: Nestled in Denver's favorite new culinary Mecca, the LoHi neighborhood, LOLA is "The Place" for tequila as well as one of the cities most acclaimed dining destinations. The kitchen cooks up a fresh, seasonal menu inspired by the soulful cuisine of Mexico's coastal regions, and we serve it to you in a warm and inviting atmosphere. Join the tequila aficionados at our award-winning tequila bar, featuring over 150 different selections for your sipping pleasure. Denver's very best brunch starts early and ends late with live music on Sundays.
Reviewed January 4, 2014

Pleasant dinner out. Not the best Mexican I have had in the USA on holidays but ok.

Decor was pleasant, staff friendly and tolerant of the difficult person in the group. Food well presented, just not real special.

Reviewed December 5, 2013

First of all, I am a huge fan of a good weekend brunch, especially one with creative options. The menu looked good online, so my husband and I decided to check it out. We sat on the patio (it was covered and heated in November), and ordered Mexican Mimosas to start. I was a bit skeptical because beer was one of the ingredients, but I have to say, it was very tasty and I would definitely order it again. We both ordered the "Lola Huevos," which were outstanding, flavorful and perfectly presented. Our server was very knowledgable about the menu and the service was great overall. I will definitely return to Lola for brunch in the future!

Reviewed October 27, 2013 via mobile

Stopped in for tapas and a margarita with out of town guest. The spicy chicken tacos were savory and fresh paired w great spicy rice with chorizo. Margarita was exactly how I like them, by special request with no sugar. Very tasty! And a great choice for LoHi Denver restaurants!

Reviewed October 22, 2013

If you are one of those people that never has room for their meal because they eat too many tortilla chips, then we challenge you to try LOLA. Their chips are served hot and salty, and you WILL eat too many, but when you taste your entrée, you will suddenly have room to eat every last bite. They have amazingly unique menu options that are fresh and delicious. I devoured the table side -prepared guacamole, while my wife could not get enough of the three-salsa combo. I knew I'd overdone it on the guac and chips, but when my lobster enchiladas came out, I somehow had enough room to eat the whole thing. My wife loved her shrimp/chicken/sausage pan roast. She refused to share her salted caramel ice cream, but I had the dark chocolate, which was great. Good thing we'd run the Denver half marathon that day! They have a fantastic kids' menu as well.

Reviewed October 12, 2013 via mobile

You go to restaurants for food right ? So go have great food! We dined for early lunch in mid week, we had good service and a delicious meal. All parties loved their dishes!! Though my mimosa was nothing to write home about...

It was very loud, not a good place for conversation as we had to "yell" to talk to each other (I has read something like that in other reviews but thought lunch might be quieter, i was wrong )

Still the food: ummm umm good:)