“Exceptional Uni”
Review of Sasa Sushi

Sasa Sushi
Reserve with OpenTable
Sasa Sushi is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #228 of 3,019 Restaurants in Denver
Cuisines: Sushi
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Highland
Cross street: Platte St
Transit: Thursday, Friday, & Saturday - Complimentary Valet located north/west side of the building. Weekday evenings - Private lot available with over seventy five spots, located on the north/west side of the building. Otherwise street parking recommended.
Halifax, Canada
“Exceptional Uni”
Reviewed January 22, 2014

The Uni was exceptional, lots of flavor and very creamy, I actually stopped eating for a bit so as to savor it.

The seaweed salad was great as was the seasoned Edamame.

I had a mixed sashimi dish that included tuna, salmon, octopus. All the items were top quality with lots of flavor.

Service was generally quite good but the server missed my co-workers sake order and did not come back in time for him to remind her.

All in all, I would recommend.

Denver, Colorado
“Exceptional in Every Way”
Reviewed January 12, 2014

I was skeptical about sushi until I came here. The presentation is beautiful, the atmosphere is comfortable and most important of all, the food is unbelievably good. The sushi options are suitable to every taste, the tempura is wonderfully light and I can't say enough good things about the food.

Denver, Colorado
“Very Well Done”
Reviewed January 2, 2014

Aesthetics: Japanese modern design, very clean and orderly, everything you would expect of a $100+ dinner for two.
Ambiance: Relaxing cool stone and warm wood earth tones strike balance with the modern design; open and spacious but seating arrangements allows for feeling of seclusion; vibrant and well mannered Denver crowd.
Service: Knowledgeable and polite staff; very aware, but not disruptively attentive.
Dress: Business/business casual
Food: Traditional Japanese. The chef's stylistic contribution to the cuisine is apparent, yet any chef inspired improvisations are not so evident as to overpower the nuanced flavors of the base ingredients as they are in more Americanized examples.
Price: Worth it.
Overall: I fell in love with sushi during an extended stay in Japan and have been searching in vain for an authentic sushi experience ever since my return to the States; Sushi Sasa comes very close. After sitting through so many disappointing sushi dinners together, I finally got to tell my infinitely patient wife that "THIS is what sushi tastes like!"

• Visited December 2013
Grand Rapids, Michigan
“Chef's Tasting Menu Superb”
Reviewed January 1, 2014

We just had a dinner featuring the $60/person chef's pre-fixed tasting menu. It featured 5 courses plus desert and was one of the best of its kind that we've ever had. We had French Onion Style Black Cod Soup, Pan Fried Baby Spinach And Fennel Warm Salad, Premium Jalapeno Sashimi, Boiled Sweet Miso Black Cod joined with Seared Kushikatsu Beef on a bed of mashed potatoes, four piece sashimi (best ever Fatty Tuna and Spanish Mackerel) and ended with a lemon cheesecake mousse and chocolate mousse cake.

The portions were generous but not too much so that we were overfull. The service was lovely although we could have used a couple of min more in between each dish. We did however request the tasting menu without a 24 hour notice (which they normally request) so we were thankful for their accommodation.

Very inventive, refreshing, daring yet approachable food.

Sheridan, Wyoming
“Awesome but bring your wallet.”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Super good sushi. Portions are small and prices are high. I had lunch the other day and ended up with a $70 bill with tip. I was not very full. Sashimi pieces were smaller than my pinky finger. I guess its one of those quality over quantity situations. That said it is probably the best tasting sushi in Denver and I would give it a "5" if the portions and prices were better.

• Visited October 2013