“Reliable”
Review of Elway's

Elway's
Reserve with OpenTable
Elway's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #88 of 3,019 Restaurants in Denver
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Cherry Creek
Cross street: 1st & University
River Vale, New Jersy U.S.A.
“Reliable”
Reviewed November 23, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Enjoyed our pricey steak diner. Schnitzel specialty was very good
Efficient business like service. Shopped in Cherry Creek Mall, and "fell" into restaurant

Visited October 2013

Columbus, Ohio
“Over priced for good!”
Reviewed November 19, 2013

Ive had far better meals and service, so I can't say this was great! It was good...that's it. There were three of us and we each had a salad and entree. We loved the salads, and just felt our meals were not quite up to par...2 of us ordered fish and one a steak. The person that ordered the steak was far happier than those that ordered fish..they all had too much butter.

• Visited November 2013
“Wonderful Service/Pricey Meal”
Reviewed November 9, 2013 via mobile

While planning our trip to the area, we knew Elway's was a must based on a friend's recommendation. We were very disappointed. My husband's steak was over- cooked. My sandwich was under-cooked. Overall the food was mediocre. However, I ordered a signature cocktail at our server's suggestion and it was very, very good! In retrospect I would have had dinner elsewhere and made a stop at Elway's for after dinner drinks and dessert.

• Visited November 2013
Germany
“A disappointment”
Reviewed October 30, 2013

This was a shocker for me! I ate here recently and heard mixed reviews, locals raved about it, while people from out of town said the prices compare to Morton's but the quality does not.

The quality was below average. I ordered the 44$ filet and it was fatty, not cooked to order (medium) it was rare and the au gratin potatoes had cheese and where very lumpy 8$. The bread was cold they served early on and seemed to have sat since early in the evening. The lamb appetizer was good but very fatty.

I expected much more from this and will not be returning in the future. For a 220$ bill for two, I would much rather eat at Morton's and enjoy the over the top service.

The service here was good but not great, it felt like a glorified Chili's or Texas Roadhouse. I was told after the fact the Elway downtown was better but I am so put off by this one I will not give it another chance.

• Visited October 2013
Denver
“Anniversary dinner”
Reviewed October 27, 2013 via mobile

Probably the worst $ 320 dinner we have ever had! My husbands Ribeye was tough and mediocre at best and no where near 22 oz as billed. My Prime rib because I like it less rare I asked for an end cut. It was like they grilled it till it was super well done and crunchy. My husband made sure to tell them it was our Anniversary when he made the reservation and they never even acknowledged it. My advice would be to find another restaurant.

4 Thank Jaybird40

Been to Elway's? Share your experiences!