“Perfect happy hour with excellent service!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Parallel Seventeen - CLOSED

Parallel Seventeen
Cuisines: Asian, Vietnamese
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Dining on a budget, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: City Park
Cross street: 17th Avenue & Franklin
Description: Parallel Seventeen is a neighborhood bistro and bar serving Pan-Asian cuisine with European influences. Since opening in 2005, P17 has been recognized as one of Denver's best restaurants. The handcrafted bar serves some of Denver's best original cocktails, in addition to an international wine list. Located in the heart of 17th Avenue's Restaurant Row, P17 offers one of Denver's most popular summer patios. Parallel Seventeen has all the elements of a fine-dining establishment, but still offers a friendly, intimate and casual atmosphere.
Denver, Colorado
“Perfect happy hour with excellent service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2013 via mobile

This is a great neighborhood place to stop by for happy hour, great food and excellent service! We came in with a guest for out of town and because she had never tried Vietnamese food, set her up with all kinds of deliciousness to try!
Stop in if you get a chance!

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank Northwoods_Legend

Moline, Illinois, United States
“Incredible Dining Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2013

We adore Parallel Seventeen and stopping in on a whim. We were a bit guarded when we arrived, as the exterior did not reflect the incredible dining experience to come. The menu is eclectic French Vietnamese fusion and the dishes are fresh and delightful. The crispy spring rolls are accompanied with fresh mint, lettuce, cilantro, lettuce, etc. and are the very best we have had to date. I enjoyed the yellow curry and my wife the quinoa salad. The drink list is very good and the blueberry mojito was refreshing. Our server, Katie was extremely attentive and made our experience even better! We definitely recommend Parallel Seventeen!

Visited June 2013
1 Thank Greg S
Denver, Colorado
“One of my favorite Asian restaurants in Denver”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2013

I have been to P17 at least 6 times. It's been great every time. Love the calamari with tempura lemon slices. THe asian BBQ pork is great. Really good mussels in coconut milk broth. The last dinner included braised pork belly which makes me hungry just remembering it.

It's a cozy place with great atmosphere. They also have tables outside.

Visited March 2013
1 Thank Bonnie B
Denver, Colorado
““Creative hybrid of french and vietnamese, casual atmosphere, great food””
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2013

The Pho is delicious and the homemade asparagus dumplings with curry sauce is divine. One of my favorite restaurants in Denver. Sangrias are big, refreshing, and quenching. Along with tasty creative dishes, the good service and casual atmosphere makes being a return guest convenient and easy.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank FareBear
Frisco, Colorado
“Don't expect Asian Take-out. Not grandiose, but really nice location and excellent wine by the glass.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2013

We had a group of eight which is large by this Asian Bistro standard. Our server was very pleasant even though the owner was gone for the evening. That tells me a lot. The owner is reputed to be the Chef so the Vice Chef was great! Their PHO specialty met its reputation and can be ordered as a Main entree or starter. I loved it. My braised short ribs with special Vietnamese sauces was more than I expected and everyone around me had to have a piece. I still took some home. There is a wide variety of entree options. I highly recommend Parallel Seventeen for an uptown-downtown evening meal and will return for more of the menu. A little pricey, but, hey, good is good, and you pay for it. So don't expect Asian takeout.

• Visited March 2013